please help using Nvidia inspector and getting my unity games to work in 3D

narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

please help using Nvidia inspector and getting my unity games to work in 3D

Post by narhicfd »

So, I'm about week and half into using 3D Vision, and honestly, I've spent very little time actually playing games in 3D(except for mega man 11)as I'm trying to learn the in and outs of 3DV.
My main game I want to play is Adams Venture Origins, it uses the Unity engine. Was slso trying get some of my other games to work that use the Unity game engine. My unity games are: Overcooked, Pile Up(demo), Super Lucky's Tale, Bendy and the Ink Machine, and TurnOn. All steam games.
I spent multiple hours over the weekend, using Nvidia Inspector, thinking changing game profiles would solve the issue. No dice!
I went to the HelixMod page that explained how to use Nvidia Inspector correctly but it didn't solve the issue. Wondering what I'm missing??
Last edited by narhicfd on Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Re: Please help me in using nvidia inspector to change game profile!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/03/ho ... e-and.html

GUIDE HERE[BY DHR] -
before editing
make a copy of the folder Drs
C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs
if something doesn't work, put the original back

I'm re-installing the game then I'll tell you if it works
sto reistallando il gioco poi ti dico se funziona
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

In nvidia inspector, you could try to add the .exe of the game you want to play in 3d to the game profile that should work best, and delete the .exe in the original profile of the game, so it gets recognised only as the .exe of the new game instead. Remember to click "apply changes" for it to work. You could also try 3d fix manager since many of these profile changes are done automatically with it.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

the game uses unity engine
i tried Losti DHR fix
This Land Is My Land - 3D-Vision Ready Fix - 1.00 - DHR
https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2020/07/t ... -v100.html
some things to fix but playable
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

After spending more time with the games I think the profile thing isn't the issue for me after all. By the sound of your post, it sounds like 3D kicks in immediatel, when you all start your game up. My problem is that I get absolutely no steteoscopic 3D effect when I play the game in 3D!
This problem of my games not starting in 3D, occurs not only In Adams Vinture but also in my other Unity based engines games I have like Overcooked(2016 game)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/448510/Overcooked/
My demo of the game "Pile Up"(2020)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1109820/Pile_Up/
And of course Adam venture origins.

The games simply refuse to start up in any kind 3D whether it's in standered or Compatibility mode unleashed. I'm using 3D t.v. play a long side with my optoma full 3D projector and DLP glasses. Running it at the supported 1280 x 720p Nvidia 3D top/bottom 3D. I have other games that work fine.
Also, I'm using 3D fix manager for all my gameplay with my Windows 10 version 1903 and latest 3D vision driver. Any ideas?
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

narhicfd wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:58 am After spending more time with the games I think the profile thing isn't the issue for me after all. By the sound of your post, it sounds like 3D kicks in immediatel, when you all start your game up. My problem is that I get absolutely no steteoscopic 3D effect when I play the game in 3D!
This problem of my games not starting in 3D, occurs not only In Adams Vinture but also in my other Unity based engines games I have like Overcooked(2016 game)

The games simply refuse to start up in any kind 3D whether it's in standered or Compatibility mode unleashed. I'm using 3D t.v. play a long side with my optoma full 3D projector and DLP glasses. Running it at the supported 1280 x 720p Nvidia 3D top/bottom 3D. I have other games that work fine.
Also, I'm using 3D fix manager for all my gameplay with my Windows 10 version 1903 and latest 3D vision driver. Any ideas?
Did you run the games resoultion at 720p just like the same as your desktop resolution? Also did you try windowed mode ALT-Enter when in game. Sometimes you need to change the display mode. Check in the games video settings and try a different screen setting like borderless fullscreen or windowed or exclusive fullscreen.

Also press Ctrl-T to enable 3d vision, sometimes it won't auto load when a game starts.

Dom
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Dom wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:38 pm
narhicfd wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:58 am After spending more time with the games I think the profile thing isn't the issue for me after all. By the sound of your post, it sounds like 3D kicks in immediatel, when you all start your game up. My problem is that I get absolutely no steteoscopic 3D effect when I play the game in 3D!

Did you run the games resoultion at 720p just like the same as your desktop resolution? Also did you try windowed mode ALT-Enter when in game. Sometimes you need to change the display mode. Check in the games video settings and try a different screen setting like borderless fullscreen or windowed or exclusive fullscreen.

Also press Ctrl-T to enable 3d vision, sometimes it won't auto load when a game starts.

Dom
Dom, I'd tried all the ideas you have but still no 3D. Altogether, I've tried multiple games that use the unity engine, Pile Up(demo), TurnOn, Super Luckys Tale, Overcooked, Bendy and the Ink machine but all of them refuse to start in 3D. I tried Compatibility mode as well but they didn't work in that either.
A couple of them, when tried in Compatibility Mode Unleashed gave me this error message:

Detecting entry point for separation patching...could not find entry point..

Detecting entry point for convergence...could not find entry point..

I tried the game in 1080p 24 htz 3D resolution, that didn't work. I tried window mode, no dice! I switched to 1280 x 720 120htz frame packing that didn't work. Same results in the normal 1280 x 720p format that I normally play in, any of the Unity games would not start in 3D. I also have all the fixes and what not installed that 3D fix manager installed. I wonder if I have something set wrong in 3D fix manager but if that the case why do my other games work fine?? What options do y'all think I could try?? Thanks in advance.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

narhicfd wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:40 pm

Dom
Dom, I'd tried all the ideas you have but still no 3D. Altogether, I've tried multiple games that use the unity engine, Pile Up(demo), TurnOn, Super Luckys Tale, Overcooked, Bendy and the Ink machine but all of them refuse to start in 3D. I tried Compatibility mode as well but they didn't work in that either.
A couple of them, when tried in Compatibility Mode Unleashed gave me this error message:

I tried the game in 1080p 24 htz 3D resolution, that didn't work. I tried window mode, no dice! I switched to 1280 x 720 120htz frame packing that didn't work. Same results in the normal 1280 x 720p format that I normally play in, any of the Unity games would not start in 3D. I also have all the fixes and what not installed that 3D fix manager installed. I wonder if I have something set wrong in 3D fix manager but if that the case why do my other games work fine?? What options do y'all think I could try?? Thanks in advance.
Hi, I looked into Pile Up demo to get to work in 3d and I got it in 3d on my 3d vision monitor.
I used 3dmigoto: https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases/tag/1.3.16 ..... Get one of the versions (it comes with x32 and x64 versions for different games versions. You put the files from x32 of 3d migoto into the directory where the games .exe is do like ( E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Pile Up Demo )

Then you open the d3dx.ini (right click and select edit in the menu) then scroll down to near the middle and look for full _screen=1 and refreshrate=60
Adjust those settings so that 3d will come on, also at the very top of this settings page you could use those different outputs like 0 = Regular 3D vision and 2 = Side by Side and such. (check it out and try that cause I think with Unity it has to work with the Dev 3dVision community if the games Dev did not put fullscreen and 3d into their plan)

You might also need to get a 3d vision fix for some of these games from Helix Mod

Dom

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: please help using Nvidia inspector and getting my unity games to work in 3D

Post by Vaeltaja »

@narhicfd Have you tried to set "-window-mode exclusive" launch parameter either in Steam (in library right click on game, select properties and set launch options, then write it there without quotes) or in game's exe-file (make shortcut of game's exe-file, then right click shortcut, select properties and write it in "Target" field after the directory address text without quotes, press apply).

Most Unity games have to be forced to use exclusive fullscreen to make them work in 3d. There are few games that need even more tweaking but this should get you started if you haven't tried it yet.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Vaeltaja wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:00 pm @narhicfd Have you tried to set "-window-mode exclusive"

Vaeltaja, do I type:

"-window-mode-exclusive-" without the quote symbal??
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Dom wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:25 pm
narhicfd wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:40 pm

Dom

Hi, I looked into Pile Up demo to get to work in 3d and I got it in 3d on my 3d vision monitor.
I used 3dmigoto: https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases/tag/1.3.16 ..... Get one of the versions (it comes with x32 and x64 versions for different games versions. You put the files from x32 of 3d migoto into the directory where the games .exe is do like ( E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Pile Up Demo )

Then you open the d3dx.ini (right click and select edit in the menu) then scroll down to near the middle and look for full _screen=1 and refreshrate=60
Adjust those settings so that 3d will come on, also at the very top of this settings page you could use those different outputs like 0 = Regular 3D vision and 2 = Side by Side and such. (check it out and try that cause I think with Unity it has to work with the Dev 3dVision community if the games Dev did not put fullscreen and 3d into their plan)

You might also need to get a 3d vision fix for some of these games from Helix Mod

Dom
Dom, since I'm using 3D fix manager, aren't all those fix, like 3dmigoto, unity fix and so forth immediately downloaded and installed into the game?? According to the 3D Fix tab in 3d fix manager it says:

Game:. Adams Venture Origins
Game engine: Unity 5.3.0 and so on(my wording)
Fix Type: 3dmigoto(directX 11)
Wrapper version: 1.3.16.22(64 bit)
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Not sure on 3dfix manager yet. But did you look at the d3dx.ini file and make sure your settings are right.

If its set to use top\bottom then you have to select that setting on your projector if its on there. You should have side by side on your projector too, but you need to select that setting in the d3dx.ini

If your using 3dvision 1.4 framepacking then select 3dvision in d3dx.ini i think if it will work. You may need to use top\bottom or side by side

Cyberia on Youtube

narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Here's a couple pics of the settings off my projector screen:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sSzAv2YqaNdmprpNA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hpSRuVdSykne4bKU9
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Dom wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:39 pm Not sure on 3dfix manager yet. But did you look at the d3dx.ini file and make sure your settings are right.

If its set to use top\bottom then you have to select that setting on your projector if its on there. You should have side by side on your projector too, but you need to select that setting in the d3dx.ini

If your using 3dvision 1.4 framepacking then select 3dvision in d3dx.ini i think if it will work. You may need to use top\bottom or side by side
I'll try to check that out. I'm new to alot this coming from TriDef so finding these directories and what not arent as simple for me, lol. Almost needed a guiding hand which is why I loved 3D fix manager.
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

narhicfd wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:12 pm
Vaeltaja wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:00 pm @narhicfd Have you tried to set "-window-mode exclusive"

Vaeltaja, do I type:

"-window-mode-exclusive-" without the quote symbal??
Yes, without quotes just like this: -window-mode exclusive
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I ran 3dfix manager and it has 3dmigoto in it, so for the game Pile Up Demo. I had to install the 3d fix and when the box says "installed version 1.3.11 or choose the latest version 1.3.16.22 I choose and click no. Then I goto the Pile Up Demo folder and open the d3dx.ini file and select 3d vision and fullscreen = 1 and refreshrate = 120 <--- you may need to select 60hz here for your projector

Look at the pictures here I took:

http://zebritatechnologies.publicvm.com ... PileUp.png
http://zebritatechnologies.publicvm.com ... ileUp1.png
http://zebritatechnologies.publicvm.com ... ileUp2.png

Heres what the SBS 3d video of PileUp Demo looks like. Lighting seems off: https://cns-nynolyt.com/3dstuff/PileUpDemo3dSBS.mp4

Hope this helps,

Dom
Last edited by Dom on Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cyberia on Youtube

narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Dom wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:23 pm I ran 3dfix manager and it has 3dmigoto in it, so for the game Pile Up Demo. I had to install the 3d fix and when the box says "installed version 1.3.11 or choose the latest version 1.3.16.22 I choose and click no. Then I goto the Pile Up Demo folder and open the d3dx.ini file and select 3d vision and fullscreen = 1 and refreshrate = 120

Look at the pictures here I took:

http://zebritatechnologies.publicvm.com ... PileUp.png
http://zebritatechnologies.publicvm.com ... ileUp1.png
http://zebritatechnologies.publicvm.com ... ileUp2.png

Hope this helps,

Dom
I noticed you set your refresh rate to 120htz. What about if your using 3D T.V. Play, like me, that needs to run my games at 1280 x 720 p at 60 htz??
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

ya i think with 3d play its 60hz

Cyberia on Youtube

Feisty_Fernando

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

narhicfd wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:56 pm
My main game I want to play is Adams Venture Origins, it uses the Unity engine.
Are you positive it's using the unity engine? A number of reviews on steam are stating it uses unreal.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Feisty_Fernando wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:36 pm
narhicfd wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:56 pm
My main game I want to play is Adams Venture Origins, it uses the Unity engine.
Are you positive it's using the unity engine? A number of reviews on steam are stating it uses unreal.
The Original Adam's ventures games which were condensed into one title called Adam's Venture Chronicles, where made using Unreal Engine. Adams Venture Origins was kind of a reboot/reimagining of the series and was made using Unity Engine:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam%27s_Venture

Scroll down where it says Engine and It will say:

Unity(Origins)
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

@narhicfd Did you try that "-window-mode exclusive"? Usually if Unity game doesn't start in 3d it's because that the game is set to use either windowed or borderless mode. With games using DX11 exclusive fullscreen IS A MUST since 3d DOESN'T WORK in windowed or borderless mode with DX11 (DX9 games can work in windowed mode), and this game uses DX11, I think. Unfortunately most Unity developers lock the game to use windowed or borderless because some Unity games doesn't handle Alt+Tabbing very good in fullscreen mode (games usually crash). Most of the time Unity game can be forced to use fullscreen with that launch command I've posted. If the game doesn't launch in exclusive fullscreen it doesn't matter what tweaks you try - it simply won't launch in 3d at all.

Sometimes you also have to combine that launch option with different properties setting within the exe-file (run as administrator, disable fullscreen optimization). With some older games you may even need to use Win 7 or 8 compatibility mode to make 3D Vision emitter to light up. And sometimes you have to push Alt+Enter or CTRL+T when game has started even in exclusive fullscreen mode.

There are some Unity games that are even harder to force to fullscreen and they may need profile tweaks (like setting refresh rate to 120Hz etc.).

Yes, 3D Vision can be a hassle and provide some extra work to get games running. But it's worth it! :)
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Vaeltaja wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:51 am @narhicfd Did you try that "-window-mode exclusive"? Usually if Unity game doesn't start in 3d it's because that the game is set to use either windowed or borderless mode. With games using DX11 exclusive fullscreen IS A MUST since 3d DOESN'T WORK in windowed or borderless mode with DX11 (DX9 games can work in windowed mode), and this game uses DX11, I think. Unfortunately most Unity developers lock the game to use windowed or borderless because some Unity games doesn't handle Alt+Tabbing very good in fullscreen mode (games usually crash). Most of the time Unity game can be forced to use fullscreen with that launch command I've posted. If the game doesn't launch in exclusive fullscreen it doesn't matter what tweaks you try - it simply won't launch in 3d at all.

Sometimes you also have to combine that launch option with different properties setting within the exe-file (run as administrator, disable fullscreen optimization). With some older games you may even need to use Win 7 or 8 compatibility mode to make 3D Vision emitter to light up. And sometimes you have to push Alt+Enter or CTRL+T when game has started even in exclusive fullscreen mode.

There are some Unity games that are even harder to force to fullscreen and they may need profile tweaks (like setting refresh rate to 120Hz etc.).

Yes, 3D Vision can be a hassle and provide some extra work to get games running. But it's worth it! :)
I'm going to give all this try tonight when I get home. I'm not using Nvidia emmiter and glasses. I'm using 3DTV Play with my Optoma projector and DLP glasses running games at 1280x 720p. Others have posted that these games do work in 3D for them so I know they should word..hopefully for me as well.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

I'VE GOT STEREOSCOPIC GAMEPLAY!! Finally did the window mode exclusive right, and the changes in the dxd3 file..and after doing an in game switch from windowed mode to full screen mode, 3D kicked in. Still working on getting Adams Venture working. Don't think I did something right on that game. I'm on vacation right now, and won't back home till Sat so I'll mess with it then. Thanks for all your help guys.
A side note on the "Pile Up" game. The shadows aren't rendering in the correct depth and being placed at the front like someone turned up the convergence.
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

I add the following to the command line options for all unity games

"-window-mode exclusive"

Only reliable method I found to make sure 3D kicks in
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Thanks everyone for suggesting the "-window-mode exclusive" I can now play my Unity games in 3D...that is, except the game I want to play THE MOST " Adams Venture Origins". It won't start in -window-mode exclusive, via compatibility mode or direct 3D. Pile Up, TurnOn, OverCooked, Bendy and the Ink machine, all my other Unity games, will work but not Adams VO.

Heres a links to steam main page of the game:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/4003 ... e_Origins/

It's Direct x 11 game. According to Wiki it uses Unity Game engine for " Origins" where as it uses Unreal Engine for the older games.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam%27s_Venture

I know I'm using the right game engine fix....at least I think so. I'm using 3Dfix manager for the game. I know it's playable in 3D because on a diff post,for the Actual game, he has it working and shows pics of it. I don't think he's using 3D fix manager though.

viewtopic.php?f=105&t=25254

Can anyone using 3D fix manager possibly give it a go and see what I might be missing??. Thanks guys for all your help.
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

@narhicfd Usually when I run into a Unity game that doesn't launch in 3d even with "-window-mode exclusive" command this is what I do: I also set the game to run as administrator, disable fullscreen optimizations and set Windows 8 compatibility mode - all these three things at the same time. Sometimes Win 7 compatibility mode is needed instead of Win 8, sometimes some other. And occasionally disabling fullscreen optimizations can prevent 3d from starting. You just have to try different combos, different things might work with different win 10 versions.

Unfortunately there are some Unity games that go even further preventing the game to launch in exclusive fullscreen. At least in some Unity versions developer has to decide will he use borderless or exclusive fullscreen for the fullscreen option, if he chooses borderless, that will lock out the exclusive from being used.

Fortunately I've found a way to launch these kind of games in fullscreen but it will need little bit more than setting options in exe-file properties. For this you'll need to use 3Dmigoto and make some changes to the game's profile with Nvidia profile inspector. There's been some talk lately in 3D Vision discord's general channel, there's also been some talk about it in this thread: [url]Usually when I run into a Unity game that doesn't launch in 3d even with "-window-mode exclusive" command this is what I do: I also set the game to run as administrator, disable fullscreen optimizations and set Windows 8 compatibility mode - all these three things at the same time. Sometimes Win 7 compatibility mode is needed instead of Win 8, sometimes some other. And occasionally disabling fullscreen optimizations can prevent 3d from starting. You just have to try different combos, different things might work with different win 10 versions.

Unfortunately there are some Unity games that go even further preventing the game to launch in exclusive fullscreen. At least in some Unity versions developer has to decide will he use borderless or exclusive fullscreen for the fullscreen option, if he chooses borderless, that will lock out the exclusive from being used.

Fortunately I've found a way to launch these kind of games in fullscreen but it will need little bit more than setting options in exe-file properties. For this you'll need to use 3Dmigoto and make some changes to the game's profile with Nvidia profile inspector. Unfortunately I downloaded Profile Inspector years ago, so I don't remember where I found it. There's couple of different applications that are called Nvidia Profile Inspector, so you need to do some work or ask from someone else where they got the program. There's been some talk lately about Profile Inspector in 3D Vision discord's general channel, there's also been some talk in this forum in "Tales of Monkey Island - no 3d". I tried to link it here, but for some reason this editor fails to add link today.

For example I'll use the first this kind of Unity game that I managed to launch in exclusive fullscreen, it's called Dungeons and Darkness.

1. Exe-file properties settings:
- Run as administrator
- Disable fullscreen optimizations
- "Window-mode -exclusive"
- This game didn't any need compatibility mode, but Adam's Venture Origins might need it, if those three settings fail

2. 3Dmigoto's (or Unity universal fix, which ever you use, it doesn't matter) d3dx.ini's settings:
- Under [Device] settings uncomment line "full_screen=" and set it to 1

3. In game's profile:
- Under Sync and Refresh set Preferred Refresh rate to 120Hz (I've set it to highest available but I've removed all the higher than 120Hz
refresh rates from my monitor settings with Custom Resolution Utility (CRU))

All these settings managed to force the game to exclusive fullscreen and after that I've managed to launch every Unity game in 3d. I don't have Adam's Venture Origins, so I can't test it personally, but this should work. Let's hope the game isn't first one to fail. But if it fails and you've done everything exactly as I described, you can try to set StereoProfile to "yes" with Profile Inspector, it's under Stereo settings (this is probably already set to "yes").

Please tell how it went when you get to try it. I hope this helps! :)

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”