Marvel's Avengers Beta

thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Marvel's Avengers Beta

Post by thebigdogma »

So... here is a situation I've never encountered before:

The Beta lists among its minimum specs that it requires W10 and DX 12. Although it does, in fact, require W10, I was able to force dx11 and get compatibility mode to work. But, that's not the strange part.

Before forcing dx11 and messing with profiles, I ran the game with 3DV enabled in dx12 and, while there were severe issues with 2d effects (and the game uses A LOT of them), 3DV worked and performance was really good. There were even areas of the game where the effects weren't so heavy where it looked really good.

But, I had read somewhere that the game could be supporting dx11, so I started experimenting with profiles and everything seemed to be working fine... until it didn't. I started to see massively broken lighting and effects that were just a mess of pixels (not unlike when 3DV is enabled in the Halo collection.)

So, I switched back to DX12, but the issues remained.

Now, I have to disable 3DV in order for the game to run properly. I don't know if any of you have encountered behavior like this before... definitely a first for me.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Marvel's Avengers Beta

Post by thebigdogma »

Found the problem... a combination of bad profile and in-game settings.

-force-d3d11 and CM works (Battlefield 4 profile seems to work best of those I have checked), as well as regular 3DV, with effects and lighting issues, but not awful.

Unfortunately, it seems like getting 3D screenshots when forcing dx11 in a dx12 game is hit-and-miss and, to this point, all of my attempts have yielded black screenshots.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

@thebigdogma

I am VERY forgiving when it comes to issues in "real" 3D Vision, but I can't stand fake 3D Vision like CM. So, concerning the Beta, would you say the isses in real 3D Vision are bearable or is this game rather unplayable in 3D Vision without a proper fix. As I said, I have no problems with minor to moderate issues.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

It is playable in "real" 3DV - I drop the separation pretty low, and crank up the convergence - not ideal, but limits lighting/shadow/spot effect issues and is WAY better than playing in monoscopic. As I discovered in my conversations with Losti, DX11 wasn't really kicking-in, so CM wasn't an option anyway.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Great news! Thanks for the info!

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”