Helixmod blog Browser sent me this meesage:

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Helixmod blog Browser sent me this meesage:

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hey Guys,

I am getting this wierd message when at the Helixmod Blog in my Chrome Browser and going to Fractured Space:

I was wondering what this is about?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Helixmod blog Browser sent me this meesage:

Post by RAGEdemon »

I also got it when going to the fix for We Happy Few:

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2018/08/w ... -dx11.html
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

I'm not certain, but this looks like a false positive to me. I've checked the page and the file itself, and there is nothing unusual here. When I go to the page directly and try to download the 7z file Chrome blocks it as 'dangerous'. The link is correct, to aws, and works. The file looks like one of our normal fixes.

Unfortunately with google it's almost always impossible to find out why they do stuff like this. We can be a drive-by shooting accident for someone who is pointing to this file from a malware site.

I've reported it as a false positive, but am not expecting much from them.

It's also notable that blogger is changing their UI in the next month, and are forcing everyone to use their new UI soon. It would not be out of character for them to break stuff while doing that. But the real answer is- I don't know.

@nephilim: as a double check, please download the file directly, not from the page, and make sure the fix still works as expected.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Fix works. Almost certainly it's the file which is the problem; - not the page.

The file contains (injection) dlls and a bat file - In retrospect, of course it would seem suspicious - kind of surprised we haven't had such problems earlier.

Suggestion: Some communities encrypt their files with a common password such as helix123 on ALL files to prevent scanning and avoid autoblacklisting etc like these instances.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

@bo3bber I downloaded the file directly from Amazon s3 and put the fix in and the game seemed to have worked fine I did not see any issues?
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

That might be why DGVoodoo's password is s***google. So I suppose it's happening to other communities then.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”