Getting kicked by Punkbuster on Call of Duty 4

Defender
Two Eyed Hopeful

Getting kicked by Punkbuster on Call of Duty 4

Post by Defender »

I keep getting kicked by punkbuster when playing Call of Duty 4 online with iZ3D Driver enabled.

Any solution to this?
- My stereo rig -
- iZ3D 22'' - GTX 260 - i7 920 - 12GB Ram - Windows 7 64bit
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

Unfortunately, I do not think there is a solution.

The same thing happens with the DDD drivers.

Anything that Punkbuster detects as a program affecting the graphics of a game will likely be flagged because of the way it detects wall hacks and other cheat programs people use.

The only way around it is to use the Nvidia stereo driver since it operates at the driver level and not as a "wrapper" program that communicates to a graphics driver.

The other thing to do is play on non-punkbuster servers but then you may find a lot of people really cheating.

It would be nice if IZ3D or other 3d wrapper preogrammers could work with Punkbuster to have their programs allowed. I don't know if Punkbuster would agree to this since some gamers would protest that 3d drivers give an advantage that shouldn't be allowed.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

chrisdfw wrote: It would be nice if IZ3D or other 3d wrapper preogrammers could work with Punkbuster to have their programs allowed. I don't know if Punkbuster would agree to this since some gamers would protest that 3d drivers give an advantage that shouldn't be allowed.
well that's a very contentious issue- 7.1 surround sound should be outlawed as well since it gives the ability to judge the events around you better as well if you think by that logic. it's Punkbusters flaw that they do not allow iz3d/ddd drivers, not a 'fairness advantage'. I'm sure iz3d has contacted them on this issue, how could it not have, with all of the complaints we see. I personally do not play multiplayer games that much but consider this very unfair.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

I agree Yuri.

Unfortunately, since in the past 3d wasn't easily available to the masses it was not understood. Also, while playing with normal 3d settings would not be cheating, it would be possible for you to increase seperation and spread your virtual eyes far enough out to be able to see around walls which would be cheating. Also, laser sight mods are also considered cheats if the game didn't come with a laser sight and since that is an option in some 3d wrappers it would be hard for Punkbuster to allow it.

If Punkbuster would at least allow server admins to change punkbuster setting to allow 3d on some servers then we would have a place to play and not worry about cheaters.
Defender
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Defender »

Well at least I know it's not my fault.

Thank you.
- My stereo rig -
- iZ3D 22'' - GTX 260 - i7 920 - 12GB Ram - Windows 7 64bit
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

We have contacted them :) But the problem is.. that Punk Buster's Customers are not gamers. Their customers are the Game Publishers. So... you have to convince the game publishers to convince Punk Buster. That is the only way. But I think we all know the issue with doing that :)
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

Welder wrote:We have contacted them :) But the problem is.. that Punk Buster's Customers are not gamers. Their customers are the Game Publishers. So... you have to convince the game publishers to convince Punk Buster. That is the only way. But I think we all know the issue with doing that :)
Hey I am not complaining, punkbuster caused an IZ3d owner to sell me his monitor for half off. Has IZ3d given a couple monitors to these game publisher people? Perhaps if you get a few developers and admin types hooked on your product and then they go to play and punkbuster limits their experience as well they will feel more motivated to find a solution. Trying to sell non believers on your religion is hard, have to convert those game publisher people first. So why not send a couple monitors to them? Perhaps many members here could email the game publishers and find out the few key people in each company that would be interested or could make a difference and we could send those few people a monitor?
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

yes - we are working with few big guys in GameDev and I hope it will give results soon. Also 2.00 may help here too because of different architecture.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”