KILLING ROOM was reverted back to 32 bit.. now the fix doesnt work!

greg02
Cross Eyed!

KILLING ROOM was reverted back to 32 bit.. now the fix doesnt work!

Post by greg02 »

First of all thanks every one, I have donated in the past and will continue to donate when I can. Your work is not unappreciated!

The game Killing Room has a fix on Helixmod by DJRK. It seems that the game was reverted back to being a 32 bit game whereas before it was DX11 (unity) and 64 bit. The 3D Migoto wrapper has to be changed back to the 32 bit version!

It seems 4everawake was able to change it manually himself as he put a comment on the helixmod page.

Any ideas how to do this? Or maybe DHRK would be able to easily fix this? 4Everawake says the fix works perfectly once again once the wrapper is changed to 32 bit.
Last edited by greg02 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Re: 3D FIx Manager: change to 32 bit version of wrapper ?

Post by schwing »

The fix isn't updated on the blog to be 32-bit, so the 3DFM fix profile won't be updated. I don't see a manual option for changing the wrapper, so one of the fix developers will have to update the blog post.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Re: KILLING ROOM was reverted back to 32 bit.. now the fix doesnt work!

Post by russellk »

greg02 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:28 am First of all thanks every one, I have donated in the past and will continue to donate when I can. Your work is not unappreciated!

The game Killing Room has a fix on Helixmod by DJRK. It seems that the game was reverted back to being a 32 bit game whereas before it was DX11 (unity) and 64 bit. The 3D Migoto wrapper has to be changed back to the 32 bit version!

It seems 4everawake was able to change it manually himself as he put a comment on the helixmod page.

Any ideas how to do this? Or maybe DHRK would be able to easily fix this? 4Everawake says the fix works perfectly once again once the wrapper is changed to 32 bit.
Can't you just extract the dll files from the 64 bit version of Migoto, then paste them into the folder and overwrite the 32 bit versions?
I'm assuming the ini files etc. don't need touching... Worth a go.
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH)/W11, 11700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, Samsung G9, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector, WMR Odyssey+
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

Still didn't work. Instead of just extracting the helixmod fix I did it manually and replaced the 3DMigoto files with the ones from the 32 bit version. Also used the command line parameter -force-d3d9 since without doing that the game comes in with a white screen. Sadly, not sure if I did everything right but ended up with the same result. (everything being off). On another note, another Unity game "Elderborn", looked similar to this (i.e. broken) and I just applied the Immortal Redneck fix to that and it fixed it. Did not work with this.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Just tried a few things:

-Tried swapping the dll for the 32bit one, and some things remain fixed, but there's some major light bleed happening.
-Rebuilt the fix using the DSS script, although it's supposedly fixed a whole bunch of shaders the game looks the same as no fix
-Tried using my regex fix from other Unity games, and game looks same as no fix

An interesting thing to note is that I'm unable to cycle through any shaders using hunting mode, so it's almost like it's not loading any shaders, or something like that. I personally don't care to spend any more time investigating the issue so consider this fix broken and discontinued.

On another, unrelated note: I also picked up and made a quick and dirty fix to play Elderborn myself. Seems like we've got similar tastes in weird indie titles.
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

The DLL's used in the fix are from an older version of 3DMigoto. I tried to get the 32-bit version but it looks like it needs to be compiled since the binaries aren't there.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
4everAwake
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 4everAwake »

Sorry.. I should have mentioned that I used 3Dmigoto 1.3.16 (32-bit). I copied over the DLL files from 1.3.16 and pasted them into the game directory, overwriting the old ones.

I just tested the game today and everything still works fine for me (Win 10 1909, Geforce driver 425.31).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My rig:

GTX 1070 (driver 452.06), Intel i5-6600k, 16 gigs RAM, Windows 10 (2004)
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

4everAwake wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:22 pm Sorry.. I should have mentioned that I used 3Dmigoto 1.3.16 (32-bit). I copied over the DLL files from 1.3.16 and pasted them into the game directory, overwriting the old ones.

I just tested the game today and everything still works fine for me (Win 10 1909, Geforce driver 425.31).
Thank you all for chiming in! That worked, not entirely sure what I did wrong the first time but completely reinstalling the game, applying the fix and then simply overwriting the dll's from the 32 bit version of 3D Migoto got it to work right.

Thanks again!
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

DJ-RK wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:58 pm Just tried a few things:

-Tried swapping the dll for the 32bit one, and some things remain fixed, but there's some major light bleed happening.
-Rebuilt the fix using the DSS script, although it's supposedly fixed a whole bunch of shaders the game looks the same as no fix
-Tried using my regex fix from other Unity games, and game looks same as no fix

An interesting thing to note is that I'm unable to cycle through any shaders using hunting mode, so it's almost like it's not loading any shaders, or something like that. I personally don't care to spend any more time investigating the issue so consider this fix broken and discontinued.

On another, unrelated note: I also picked up and made a quick and dirty fix to play Elderborn myself. Seems like we've got similar tastes in weird indie titles.
I don't even have this game but thanks for taking the time to help out.
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH)/W11, 11700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, Samsung G9, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector, WMR Odyssey+
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

4everAwake wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:22 pm Sorry.. I should have mentioned that I used 3Dmigoto 1.3.16 (32-bit). I copied over the DLL files from 1.3.16 and pasted them into the game directory, overwriting the old ones.

Interesting. That's exactly what I tried, and it caused some massive light oversaturation/bleed through to happen... kinda weird it'**** and miss, since greg02 said it didn't work the first time he tried either, but hey, as long as it works for those that want to play it I'm happy! :mrgreen:

russellk wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:27 amI don't even have this game but thanks for taking the time to help out.
LOL, thanks. Yeah, I was tempted to be lazy and indifferent about it (like I am about most things these days), but something told me to just give it a try. At best it would be about 10-20 mins to test and repackage a fix, and at worst I'd give it an hour of my time before I called it quits (but at least made a token effort). Turned out to be the worst-case this time, but felt better than dismissing it all together.

With that said, I have a request for 4everawake: Would you mind packaging up and sending me the fix you are using with the replacement 32bit dll so I can upload it to the blog? Since that didn't work for me I don't want to just blindly do it and upload a potentially faulty package, but I'll trust whatever you give me as working.
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

DJ-RK wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:12 am
LOL, thanks. Yeah, I was tempted to be lazy and indifferent about it (like I am about most things these days), but something told me to just give it a try. At best it would be about 10-20 mins to test and repackage a fix, and at worst I'd give it an hour of my time before I called it quits (but at least made a token effort). Turned out to be the worst-case this time, but felt better than dismissing it all together.
LOL, I won't lie, that's part of the reason I said thanks.
I've seen and remember a lot of your other posts and even putting any other issues to one side, it can clearly be a pointless and unrewarding task to troubleshoot other people's problems.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

That's fair, and I both enjoy and appreciate your honesty!

There is a fine line between weeding out the mooks from the legit, and I definitely err on the side of not wanting to waste my time... which is fine, but I could sense I've grown into a mentality that people coming to me with issues are assumed "incompetent until proven otherwise," and that's not exactly the nicest of mindsets and has led me to being perhaps a bit more toxic than necessary at times with how I chose to respond.

I actually recently came to a realization on why I am the way I am now: I worked in IT support for 5 years (and in customer service for many years prior to that), where my job was dealing with other peoples screw ups (which they gave 0 fcuk's about) all day, every day, and not only was I not allowed to tell them about how stupid some of them were, but literally also have to thank and bend over backwards for them (and I died a little bit on the inside each time). Needless to say my patience got mostly used up then, and what remained got used up during my early days of fixing. So yeah, nowadays my responses are usually a bit more, ummm, colorful now that I don't have the shackles of corporate policy to hold me back.

But yeah, with recent issues in certain games (like Monster Hunter World) has pushed me to the point where I'm almost convinced to take the "if it works for you great, if it doesn't then sucks to be you. Figure it out on your own" approach. It's better for my sanity, and makes me less likely to lash out at the community, and I think that's a win for everyone in the end. :lol:
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

DJ-RK wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:12 amWith that said, I have a request for 4everawake: Would you mind packaging up and sending me the fix you are using with the replacement 32bit dll so I can upload it to the blog? Since that didn't work for me I don't want to just blindly do it and upload a potentially faulty package, but I'll trust whatever you give me as working.
Unfortunately I am not sure how to pack it up into a zip but its just your fix with the 3 dll files from the 32 bit migoto folder overwriting the 64 bit version.
Not sure if that helps but thanks again!
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

greg02 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:43 pmUnfortunately I am not sure how to pack it up into a zip but its just your fix with the 3 dll files from the 32 bit migoto folder overwriting the 64 bit version.
Not sure if that helps but thanks again!
No worries, and I appreciate you wanting to and offering to help.

I probably should have posted an update in this thread for this earlier, but 4everAwake PM'd me his package and I've updated the blog page to now include it, so anyone reading this now can skip the previous discussion and just download the fix and it should work.
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

This game looks really good w/ high convergence... unfortunately after beating the first room, the first 'reward' is to give you the crosshair. Sadly the crosshair utterly and completely ruins the experience, especially with the high convergence which gives it really good immersion. Sadly even by reinstalling the game there is no way to get rid of the crosshair (you have to pick up the reward to get it, I am assuming you can bypass it by not picking it up)

The crosshair is not there until a few minutes into the game I wonder if there is someway to fix the depth or better yet get rid of it all together. Even for a game t hat is a few years old, this one looks really good w/ extreme convergence, and the big white out of depth cross hair completely ruins it.
4everAwake
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 4everAwake »

With the most recent fix, the crosshair depth and HUD depth can be adjusted in the d3dx.ini file. The crosshair depth is set to 0.95. But if you want the crosshair a little closer, try changing it to 0.90 or 0.85.
My rig:

GTX 1070 (driver 452.06), Intel i5-6600k, 16 gigs RAM, Windows 10 (2004)

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”