3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes

Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: 3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes

Post by Pauldusler »

russellk wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:04 am Hi Paul, this is getting really confusing now. I'm testing with Ori and the blind forest definitive edition btw.
The NVCP test app was working fine, but game was broken as desribed above.
I disabled the display and output settings in the display profile, no change.
Launched direct from steam, no change.
Uninstalled 3dfix within 3dfm and launched from 3dfm, 3d working again.
Installed 3dfix within 3dfm and 3d still working.
I'll play around with the display profile settings now.
As said previously this is because changes made to d3dx.ini are not automatically undone when unticking the "preferred 3d format" option. When unticking you are telling 3DFM that nothing shall happen. Instead you have to disable side by side shader manually.
For doing this via 3DFM you have 3 possitibilities:

1. Click on the reset button in "3D fix" tab
2. Disable alternative 3D format in "3D fix" tab
3. Reinstall the fix via 3DFM

You chose option 3 here.

But your result clearly shows that something is wrong with the side by side shader. Please test if enabling the shader manually without 3DFM works.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

russellk wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:31 am I think it's possible that '3d display type' in 3dfm display profile and the nvidia drivers/nvcp do not respect each other properly? Could this be something to do with the registry locking you mentioned?

Further to steps above, I changed to reverse interlaced and everything was still fine. Then I changed to checkerboard, everything fine. Then I change to reverce checkerboard, no 3d effect.
I tried to check NVCP and it woulnd't run/come to foreground. I ended task, went back and checked in NVCP 3d still enabled as hdmi checkerboard, but the nvidia test has the same problem.
Changed 3d mode to 3dtv play in NVCP and test passed. Changed back to HDMI checkerboard in NVCP and still broken.

Are there any specific test sequences you'd like me to repeat?

*edit* Now in 3dfm, I enabled preferred 3d format as line interlacing and game works in 3d. NVCP had to end task again and relaunch, but 3d test still broken.
Reversed Checkerboard was never tested so far and I never got feedback about it. I got the according StereoViewerType value from some bat files somewhere. Checkerboard value was wrong there as well. This got corrected in the past when another user told me the correct value. So I assume the value is wrong for reversed checkerboard. Do you know the correct one?
(I'm talking about this registry key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D)
Last edited by Pauldusler on Tue May 12, 2020 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

Hi Paul, sorry I'll look at this more later.
I don't know the correct value for reverse checkerboard, it was just an observation that changing the 3d display type seemed to break 3d somehow.
Of course, this could all be purely a local issue to my machine, hence the difficulty troubleshooting.

Would it be possible for you to explain what 3dfm does when you set a 3d display type? Apologies if I've missed it in this thread.
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH)/W11, 11700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, Samsung G9, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector, WMR Odyssey+
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

russellk wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:13 am Hi Paul, sorry I'll look at this more later.
I don't know the correct value for reverse checkerboard, it was just an observation that changing the 3d display type seemed to break 3d somehow.
Of course, this could all be purely a local issue to my machine, hence the difficulty troubleshooting.

Would it be possible for you to explain what 3dfm does when you set a 3d display type? Apologies if I've missed it in this thread.
Generally it sets the StereoViewerType entry here: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D

For 3D Vision / Generic CRT / 3DTV Play the value is just 1.
For 3D Discover it's 2147483649
For Optimized for Geforce it's 14811136

3DFM doesn't filter the display type list like Nvidia does in Nvidia Control Panel. So e.g. if you don't have 3D Vision Discover in Nvidia Control Panel available then trying to force Discover mode in 3DFM has no effect. I would have to do all the same weird EDID checks, product ID matchings etc. to filter the list... that's just not worth it. Also I don't exactly know how Nvidia does all these checks.
ZePRiNCE
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZePRiNCE »

Pauldusler wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:58 am "3D display type": When setting this to "Reversed Line Interlacing" then 3DFM will set the correct values for Windows registry entries "InterleavePattern0" and "InterleavePattern1" and prevents SYSTEM user from overwriting these values again. So the result is that you don't have to wear the glasses upside down. This option only works if the EDID override is installed. Otherwise I think the correction for interleave pattern will do nothing? But not sure. Generally "3D display type" just changes values in Windows registry.

"Preferred 3D Format": This enables the 3dmigoto side by side shader and sets it to the chosen 3D format for each DX11 game you start. Maybe I should have named this option differently (3dmigoto 3D format" or so)
Pauldusler wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:23 am Generally it sets the StereoViewerType entry here: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D

For 3D Vision / Generic CRT / 3DTV Play the value is just 1.
For 3D Discover it's 2147483649
For Optimized for Geforce it's 14811136
Thanks for the explanation :)
Yes maybe "3DMigoto 3D Format" / "3DMigoto 3D Output" would be better for "Preferred 3D Format"

But if "3D display type" changes the value in registry (and prevents system to revert it) maybe that explains why I have Line Interleaved with DX9 (I tested on Mafia 2 recently, which have 0 fix)
CM: Asus ROG Strix Z370-H Gaming
CPU: Intel Core i7 8086k Delid @ 5.2GHz / 1.405v
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3333 MHz CL16 (2x16Go)
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founder's Edition
3DTV: LG 65C6V
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

I want to use CM mode playing Bannerlord. I click "Enable CMU" and the game launches in CM mode, but with no deph. There are 2 images but convergence keys do nothing. This problem happen with other games too.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

Pauldusler wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:52 am
russellk wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:04 am Hi Paul, this is getting really confusing now. I'm testing with Ori and the blind forest definitive edition btw.
The NVCP test app was working fine, but game was broken as desribed above.
I disabled the display and output settings in the display profile, no change.
Launched direct from steam, no change.
Uninstalled 3dfix within 3dfm and launched from 3dfm, 3d working again.
Installed 3dfix within 3dfm and 3d still working.
I'll play around with the display profile settings now.
As said previously this is because changes made to d3dx.ini are not automatically undone when unticking the "preferred 3d format" option. When unticking you are telling 3DFM that nothing shall happen. Instead you have to disable side by side shader manually.
For doing this via 3DFM you have 3 possitibilities:

1. Click on the reset button in "3D fix" tab
2. Disable alternative 3D format in "3D fix" tab
3. Reinstall the fix via 3DFM

You chose option 3 here.

But your result clearly shows that something is wrong with the side by side shader. Please test if enabling the shader manually without 3DFM works.
Hi Paul,

Sorry if I misunderstand, but I don't know why you're saying something is wrong with the SBS shader? I have to use line interlacing as the output format for the game to work properly in line interlaced.

Also I think I'm going mad and need a break, but I have found that the settings in 3d fix manager seem to be affecting the nvidia 3d test. Is that possible?? Depending on what I'm choosing in 3dfm, the control panel test is either in checkerboard or line interlaced. That is without making any changes in the Nvidia control panel. I have verified by zooming in and taking a photo, plus it only gives a 3d effect when interlaced.

For the reg key mentioned, 3dtv play sets a value of 36864 and HDMI checkerboar sets a value of 1114112 on my machine.
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH)/W11, 11700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, Samsung G9, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector, WMR Odyssey+
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

russellk wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:54 am Sorry if I misunderstand, but I don't know why you're saying something is wrong with the SBS shader? I have to use line interlacing as the output format for the game to work properly in line interlaced.
I just conclude from the results here. As soon as 3D passive users comment out side by side shader things work again.

To exclude that 3DFM is the reason for the broken SbS shader one of the 4K passive 3D users should try to do all steps manually without 3DFM.

This means:

• Install the 3D Fix manually
  • Enable SbS shader manually in d3dx.ini
  • Set HDMI checkerboard in Nvidia Control Panel (or whatever you need to choose here)
When things are broken then, 3DFM is not to blame.

All I can see from a technical point is that 3DFM enables SbS correctly in d3dx.ini. I haven't changed that procedure since ages. When enabling SbS shader I can see the different 3D formats on my monitor but can't judge if those would work on displays supporting these formats. At least 3dmigoto is not complaining when parsing d3dx.ini.

russellk wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:54 am For the reg key mentioned, 3dtv play sets a value of 36864 and HDMI checkerboar sets a value of 1114112 on my machine.
Thx man! So the value for 3DTV Play was wrong since approximately 2 years and nobody reported the bug till now lol. I also took that value from a .bat file from internet and wasn't able to check if this value is correct.
However I strongly assume that Nvidia does an automatic fall back to 3DTV Play if a wrong value was set for StereoViewerType. The value for HDMI checkerboard is correct at least in 3DFM ^^.

russellk wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:54 am Also I think I'm going mad and need a break, but I have found that the settings in 3d fix manager seem to be affecting the nvidia 3d test. Is that possible?? Depending on what I'm choosing in 3dfm, the control panel test is either in checkerboard or line interlaced. That is without making any changes in the Nvidia control panel. I have verified by zooming in and taking a photo, plus it only gives a 3d effect when interlaced.
I would assume that the Nvidia 3D test only gives a proper 3D image on your passive 4k TV if you choose 3DTV Play because as far as I understood HDMI checkerboard only works in combination with 3dmigoto + SbS shader on 4k passive TVs. Or am I wrong here?
What does happen generally if you set to HDMI but don't use 3dmigoto at all? (naturally the case with any DirectX 9 game)

Am I right that your TV supports the following 3D formats? (just out of curiosity)
  • framepacking (3DTV Play)
  • side by side / top & bottom
  • native 4K passive 3D signal (the one which would be sent via Optimized for Geforce)
Another thing I would be interested in:
What is the maximum resolution you can choose in games when you have set checkerboard + 3dmigoto sbs shader? Is 4K possible in 3D?
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

Pauldusler wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:00 pm
russellk wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:54 am Sorry if I misunderstand, but I don't know why you're saying something is wrong with the SBS shader? I have to use line interlacing as the output format for the game to work properly in line interlaced.
I just conclude from the results here. As soon as 3D passive users comment out side by side shader things work again.

To exclude that 3DFM is the reason for the broken SbS shader one of the 4K passive 3D users should try to do all steps manually without 3DFM.

This means:

• Install the 3D Fix manually
  • Enable SbS shader manually in d3dx.ini
  • Set HDMI checkerboard in Nvidia Control Panel (or whatever you need to choose here)
When things are broken then, 3DFM is not to blame.

All I can see from a technical point is that 3DFM enables SbS correctly in d3dx.ini. I haven't changed that procedure since ages. When enabling SbS shader I can see the different 3D formats on my monitor but can't judge if those would work on displays supporting these formats. At least 3dmigoto is not complaining when parsing d3dx.ini.

russellk wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:54 am For the reg key mentioned, 3dtv play sets a value of 36864 and HDMI checkerboar sets a value of 1114112 on my machine.
Thx man! So the value for 3DTV Play was wrong since approximately 2 years and nobody reported the bug till now lol. I also took that value from a .bat file from internet and wasn't able to check if this value is correct.
However I strongly assume that Nvidia does an automatic fall back to 3DTV Play if a wrong value was set for StereoViewerType. The value for HDMI checkerboard is correct at least in 3DFM ^^.

russellk wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:54 am Also I think I'm going mad and need a break, but I have found that the settings in 3d fix manager seem to be affecting the nvidia 3d test. Is that possible?? Depending on what I'm choosing in 3dfm, the control panel test is either in checkerboard or line interlaced. That is without making any changes in the Nvidia control panel. I have verified by zooming in and taking a photo, plus it only gives a 3d effect when interlaced.
I would assume that the Nvidia 3D test only gives a proper 3D image on your passive 4k TV if you choose 3DTV Play because as far as I understood HDMI checkerboard only works in combination with 3dmigoto + SbS shader on 4k passive TVs. Or am I wrong here?
What does happen generally if you set to HDMI but don't use 3dmigoto at all? (naturally the case with any DirectX 9 game)

Am I right that your TV supports the following 3D formats? (just out of curiosity)
  • framepacking (3DTV Play)
  • side by side / top & bottom
  • native 4K passive 3D signal (the one which would be sent via Optimized for Geforce)
Another thing I would be interested in:
What is the maximum resolution you can choose in games when you have set checkerboard + 3dmigoto sbs shader? Is 4K possible in 3D?
Just to be clear, I'm not using an EDID and the SBS shader does work for me. I've just observed some oddities when setting various options in the display profile in 3dfm.
I'll have a play again tomorrow and let you know :-)

But in answer to a couple of your questions, no, sometimes the 3d test actually launches in interlaced and can be viewed on my tv without enabling any 3d mode on the tv itself. It's as though it's somehow using optimised for geforce, even though I'm not using an EDID. Also, when running interlaced via the SBS shader I can select 4k as a game resolution in 3d.

For you viewing pleasure :-) I've attached close ups of my TV running the 3d test. One is clearly interlaced and one is clearly checkerboard.
But, let me do some more work tomorrow so that I don't mislead you at all. This is not the same issue that others are reporting, it's just a wierd thing I've found.
4k interlaced.jpg
4k checkerboard.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nintynuts
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nintynuts »

I thought that everything was working but now I'm finding that while most games work when launched from 3DFM, Splinter Cell Blacklist launched with 3DV but not 3Dmigoto. My 3Dmigoto log shows:

Code: Select all

*** D3D11CreateDevice called with
    pAdapter = 00000000
    Flags = 0
    pFeatureLevels = 0
    FeatureLevels = 0
    ppDevice = 00000000
    pFeatureLevel = 0x19e7f4
    ppImmediateContext = 00000000
-- UnhookableCreateDevice called
->Feature level null, defaults to D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_11_0.
*** Hooked_CreateDXGIFactory2 called with riid: IDXGIFactory
  Upcast QueryInterface(IDXGIFactory2) returned result = 0, factory = 0B8FECD0
  CreateDXGIFactory2 returned factory = 0B8FECD0, result = 0
Replaced Hooked_LoadLibraryExW for: C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvapi.dll to G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist\src\SYSTEM\nvapi.dll.
Replaced Hooked_LoadLibraryExW for: C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvapi.dll to G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist\src\SYSTEM\nvapi.dll.
*** Hooked_CreateDXGIFactory called with riid: IDXGIFactory
  Upcast QueryInterface(IDXGIFactory2) returned result = 0, factory = 0A8E27A8
  CreateDXGIFactory returned factory = 0A8E27A8, result = 0
  D3D11CreateDevice returned device handle = 00000000, context handle = 00000000
-> device handle = 00000000, device wrapper = 00000000, context handle = 00000000, context wrapper = 00000000
->UnhookableCreateDevice result = 1
->D3D11CreateDevice result = 1
With the interesting bit being that the device and context handles are null. I wonder if this is to do with Uplay?

The game works fine if I launch it manually from the exe.

Sleeping now.
Hans Davis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hans Davis »

OK. More test results are in.

First about bringback3dv. I wanted to rule out whether the way 3dfixmod updated drivers was causing any problems for me. So I used DDU in safe mode and then bringback3dv with the latest driver in standard form-445.87 desktop 64 bit international. bringback3dv just does not work for me. I have tried it about four times. Maybe if you install 425 first and then use bringback3dv like nuts did it works, but if I follow the instructions to remove all drivers first via DDU, it fails to install 3d components for me. I went so far as to uninstall my antivirus (which was a possible cause of a failed install despite my efforts to turn off all the functions), disconnect my internet, and try it with and without my EDID installed first. Only way I could get 3d working was to go into 3dfixmanager and let it "fix" things after the vanilla drivers were installed. @nintynuts, did you do a clean install when you did that? My watercooled 1080ti has been running 5-10C hotter since I did this, and percent GPU usage is a bit higher too. I'm going to do a DDU clean reinstall of 425 then let 3dfixmanager update the drivers for me. For my rig that has been the only reliable way to do it.
EDIT Ugh. since those runs of DDU and bringback3dv it seems like my registry is corrupted. DDU cannot remove PhysX, nor can I so far. When I try to uninstall PhysX Rundll32 asks for permission and granting it or denying it stops the uninstall. Can't reinstall and haven't found a fix yet. When I log into Windows it plays a noise that bringback3dv plays in between steps of modding and installing your drivers. It's a pleasant retro noise, but this is bound to cause problems down the line. The noise and corruption of PhysX persist even after successfully doing a system restore back to before I did this. I'll have to ask the creators about it but it looks like I may have to reinstall Windows twice in one week... If anyone is aware of this problem and has a fix I'd love to hear it.
EDIT That escalated so quickly. The corruption just kind of spread through Windows upon attempted system restore and I couldn't restore again or access basic recovery tools. I'm running a clean install now. Think I'll continue to use 3dfixmanager for my driver update needs....

About not using EDIDs with 3d passive tvs: Gave it a try. Checkerboard mode in nvidea control panel, revere interlaced in 3dfixmanager with preferred 3d format checked and set to same. It totally works! My GPU usage was running up to 8% higher than usual but that could have been a fluke. I only ran the game for a few minutes.

About "include = ShaderFixes\3dvision2sbs.ini": Since the include = ShaderFixes\3dvision2sbs.ini problem did not occur with checkerboard above, it seems that the problem may be exclusive to passive 3d tvs with an EDID mod, which have optimized for geforce unlocked. My hunch about this being related to EDID seems partially right. Then I followed Paul's request of reinstalling the fix manually, uncommenting "include = ShaderFixes\3dvision2sbs.in" and launching the game without 3dfixmanager. It worked for both FF15 and Lust For Darkness. I also did not encounter the cursor glitch with Lust For Darkness that I encounter if I install the fix through 3dfixmanger with preferred 3d format checked, comment out the "include = ShaderFixes\3dvision2sbs.in", and then launch from the .exe. I did not uncomment any other 2sbs code other than the "include=" line, so there may be more nuance to it, but that line of code seems to be the corner stone of the issue for my rig.

TLDR: For the very specific scenario of a passive 3d tv using an EDID mod, do not touch the "preferred 3d format" checkbox. It sounds like others who do not utilize EDID mods, and who therefore have to leave that checkbox checked, may be continuing to run into some issues when trying to mod the d3dx and then launch through 3dfixmanager with checkerboard mode and preferred 3d format checked. I suggest an EDID mod as a possible solution for these people to try-it keeps 2sbs mode from being activated by 3dfixmanager. I did not notice any difference in fps, or cpu performance between the two passive 3d tv methods, and if anything there was a possible slight improvement in GPU performance.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

nintynuts wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:03 pm I thought that everything was working but now I'm finding that while most games work when launched from 3DFM, Splinter Cell Blacklist launched with 3DV but not 3Dmigoto. My 3Dmigoto log shows:

With the interesting bit being that the device and context handles are null. I wonder if this is to do with Uplay?

Sleeping now.
For Splinter Cell Blacklist only a DX9 fix was released so far:
http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2014/04/sp ... n-fix.html

3DFM therefore sets the game to DX9 render api when launched through it.
Feel free to create a 3Dmigoto based DX11 3D fix if you like. Blacklist is an excellent game worth it.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Hans Davis wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:11 pm Ugh. since those runs of DDU and bringback3dv it seems like my registry is corrupted. DDU cannot remove PhysX, nor can I so far. When I try to uninstall PhysX Rundll32 asks for permission and granting it or denying it stops the uninstall. Can't reinstall and haven't found a fix yet. When I log into Windows it plays a noise that bringback3dv plays in between steps of modding and installing your drivers.
Developers of DDU state that using their tool can cause damage to the system. I rather didn't believe that as for me it did not ever harm my system - but now I'm alerted. Thanks for your warning. So removing physx via DDU can cause trouble. I just chcked and DDU does not remove physx by default. Only when you tick options-> Remove physx. Maybe it's off for good reasons by default. I don't know but I will never tick that checkbox on :P.

Hans Davis wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:11 pm About not using EDIDs with 3d passive tvs: Gave it a try. Checkerboard mode in nvidea control panel, revere interlaced in 3dfixmanager with preferred 3d format checked and set to same. It totally works! My GPU usage was running up to 8% higher than usual but that could have been a fluke. I only ran the game for a few minutes.
Very interesting results here. So automation through 3DFM works and side by side shader is generally broken for EDID override users only no matter if doing things manually or automated.

Hans Davis wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:11 pm I also did not encounter the cursor glitch with Lust For Darkness that I encounter if I install the fix through 3dfixmanger with preferred 3d format checked, comment out the "include = ShaderFixes\3dvision2sbs.in", and then launch from the .exe. I did not uncomment any other 2sbs code other than the "include=" line, so there may be more nuance to it, but that line of code seems to be the corner stone of the issue for my rig.
3DFM also enables Software mouse cursor when setting the prefferred 3D format. When you manually enable the software mouse cursor for lust of darkness you should have the cursor glitches again. Please try so. I enabled it as I saw that for some games the mouse cursor did not render correctly in side by side.
Last edited by Pauldusler on Wed May 13, 2020 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

b4thman wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:39 am I want to use CM mode playing Bannerlord. I click "Enable CMU" and the game launches in CM mode, but with no deph. There are 2 images but convergence keys do nothing. This problem happen with other games too.
I have tried with other games and no one is working properly, unless it is considered by Nvidia drivers as a Compatibility Mode game. Dark Souls 3 works good, The Witcher 3, Kingdom Come Deliverance, works good.
But every other game that I try to force "Enable CMU" just don't work. Sometimes it renders only one picture (Trine 4, This War of Mine, etc), and sometimes reders two pictures but with no depth and no possibility to use convergece keys ctrl+F5/F6 (Bannerlord, Arma 3, etc).

I also read confusing informacion about CM. The helix blog says that to make any dx11 game compatible with CM it is as simple as changing the profile of the game and use instead a profile of a game considered CM game by the Nvidia driver (for example Assassins Creed 3).

The "Enable CMU" option in 3D Fix Manager works and forces the use of CM in the game, but it does not work properly, as I said before. Maybe I have to "help" changing something else. I don't know if, when clicking this option, automatically changes any profile or does anything else.

The sticky thread in the Nvidia forum (inreadable forum) about how to make any dx11 game compatible with CM says something different and recomend to make some registry tweaks (if I don't missremember). And there are also some missing links, so maybe the information is outdated.

It would be also desirable to use a method to avoid the possibility of being banned when playing multiplayer games online. I have no tryied yet because I didn't make possible to work CM with any multiplayer game that I play on my computer, but there is a message alerting that it may be a reason to be banned.

I think in my case, and probably in many others case, CM is the solution to mantain 3D working on with games, just because the good compatibility (if it is in fact possible to make it work with most of dx11 games), and mainly because it just let me play with decent framerates, something literally impossible using normal 3dfixes.

In my opinion 3D died slowly fundamentally because the poor performance it has always given, that made/make impossible to play if you don't have a very expensive computer, and that is a big reason to prevent most consumers to play this way. Maybe Nvidia released CM just to combat against this fact, but apparently it didn't success.

I just want to give a try to continue playing with my glasses, I have been playing 2D for the last 5 or 6 months. I have a Nvidia 2080 and play 3D games using Windows 7, and 2D games using Windows 10. I use 3D Fix Manager to manage Windows 7 games and update drivers, etc. This is a very good utility for everybody, and I recomend totally. I only think that CM mode is just forgotten and there is not too much information about. There is not even a good list of games that work decently in CM mode (or at least I can not find the information anywhere).

And yes, I love playing games with 3dfixes, and sometimes I give a try using "old games", but..., come on, it is impossible to play recent games because the poor performance. CM mode is the option to consider (for me). I don't even know if there is more possibilities to make CM (rather than 3dfixes) compatible with g-sync or dx12 (and take advantage of dlss and raytracing if you have a RTX card).
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

b4thman wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:14 am
b4thman wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:39 am I want to use CM mode playing Bannerlord. I click "Enable CMU" and the game launches in CM mode, but with no deph. There are 2 images but convergence keys do nothing. This problem happen with other games too.
I have tried with other games and no one is working properly, unless it is considered by Nvidia drivers as a Compatibility Mode game. Dark Souls 3 works good, The Witcher 3, Kingdom Come Deliverance, works good.
But every other game that I try to force "Enable CMU" just don't work. Sometimes it renders only one picture (Trine 4, This War of Mine, etc), and sometimes reders two pictures but with no depth and no possibility to use convergece keys ctrl+F5/F6 (Bannerlord, Arma 3, etc).

I also read confusing informacion about CM. The helix blog says that to make any dx11 game compatible with CM it is as simple as changing the profile of the game and use instead a profile of a game considered CM game by the Nvidia driver (for example Assassins Creed 3).

The "Enable CMU" option in 3D Fix Manager works and forces the use of CM in the game, but it does not work properly, as I said before. Maybe I have to "help" changing something else. I don't know if, when clicking this option, automatically changes any profile or does anything else.

The sticky thread in the Nvidia forum (inreadable forum) about how to make any dx11 game compatible with CM says something different and recomend to make some registry tweaks (if I don't missremember). And there are also some missing links, so maybe the information is outdated.

It would be also desirable to use a method to avoid the possibility of being banned when playing multiplayer games online. I have no tryied yet because I didn't make possible to work CM with any multiplayer game that I play on my computer, but there is a message alerting that it may be a reason to be banned.

I think in my case, and probably in many others case, CM is the solution to mantain 3D working on with games, just because the good compatibility (if it is in fact possible to make it work with most of dx11 games), and mainly because it just let me play with decent framerates, something literally impossible using normal 3dfixes.

In my opinion 3D died slowly fundamentally because the poor performance it has always given, that made/make impossible to play if you don't have a very expensive computer, and that is a big reason to prevent most consumers to play this way. Maybe Nvidia released CM just to combat against this fact, but apparently it didn't success.

I just want to give a try to continue playing with my glasses, I have been playing 2D for the last 5 or 6 months. I have a Nvidia 2080 and play 3D games using Windows 7, and 2D games using Windows 10. I use 3D Fix Manager to manage Windows 7 games and update drivers, etc. This is a very good utility for everybody, and I recomend totally. I only think that CM mode is just forgotten and there is not too much information about. There is not even a good list of games that work decently in CM mode (or at least I can not find the information anywhere).

And yes, I love playing games with 3dfixes, and sometimes I give a try using "old games", but..., come on, it is impossible to play recent games because the poor performance. CM mode is the option to consider (for me). I don't even know if there is more possibilities to make CM (rather than 3dfixes) compatible with g-sync or dx12 (and take advantage of dlss and raytracing if you have a RTX card).
CMU is a tool developed by Helifax. It further improves Nvidia's compatibility mode by applying some hacks which enable us to set 3D depth to a higher amount in games. Also it enables us to create hotkeys for different convergence values. Anti cheat mechanisms can detect those hacks and might ban you. One user reported to me that it happened to him - that's the reason for the warning message in 3DFM.

CM does not work for all DX 11 games. It seems like most Unreal Engine 4 games aren't compatible to this. Some other games like The Division or World War Z just render flat. For some other games you have to disable some effects ingame. E.g. for AC Origins AntiAliasing set to high breaks CM. In Far Cry New Dawn enabling 2D HUD icons breaks 3D. It's a trial & error and I didn't spend much time for testing games in CM for 3DFM.

But just ticking the CMU checkbox and launching the game is the easiest way to find out if it works.

But fully agree about the performance. I played Metro Exodus completely in CM as the performance for real 3D was too poor. With CM I was able to play with stable 60 fps.
Last edited by Pauldusler on Wed May 13, 2020 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

nintynuts wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:03 pm With the interesting bit being that the device and context handles are null. I wonder if this is to do with Uplay?

Just to clarify there- the null device and context are normal, and not an error condition in this example. The game called with a null pointer for those references, so there is no way to fill them in. This is probably the game doing a test run call to determine state, not actually creating the device and context.
nintynuts
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nintynuts »

Pauldusler wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:50 am For Splinter Cell Blacklist only a DX9 fix was released so far:
http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2014/04/sp ... n-fix.html

3DFM therefore sets the game to DX9 render api when launched through it.
Feel free to create a 3Dmigoto based DX11 3D fix if you like. Blacklist is an excellent game worth it.
Thanks for pointing out the obvious that I hadn't considered. I changed 3DFM settings when I first started my DX11 fix, and for some reason they've been reset to default. I've found the setting and fixed it, Thanks.
bo3bber wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:37 am Just to clarify there- the null device and context are normal, and not an error condition in this example. The game called with a null pointer for those references, so there is no way to fill them in. This is probably the game doing a test run call to determine state, not actually creating the device and context.
I guess that makes sense as it's running in DX9 mode.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Isaacvigo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:14 pm Crazy idea of ​​the day: (I forgot it in my last feed)
I remember that a few weeks ago you showed a modern project version to give a visual revision to 3DFM.
After giving it a few turns, I think you have in your hand a very simple way to give a modern look to the old application.
I think just using the same background color (possibly #191919, dont know if a 10% alpha transparency is possible for app background)
for all windows and sections, background of off buttons, and others ...
That added to straight corners, no curves.
This would give a unified, modern and minimalist look, away from the current web styled version.
It seems to me a very simple way to make a huge visual improvement.
Here is a quick aproach about ressults i´ve made
(Rockstar launcher is an example , the source of inspiration)
The same is applicable for the right click on the tray icon

Thanks for your proposal. I think 1 or 2 smaller changes wouldn't be that hard to do. E.g. I generally agree what I see in current apps that scrollbars do not have a scroll up / down arrow-button any more. Not needed as it's so much easier to use the mouse wheel. Also the scrollbar could be a bit thinner. Not too thin like I've seen in various app as it shouldn't be a challenge to hit the bar with the mouse cursor at all ;). I like that you tinted the scrollbars in green. Fits overall better to the UI. I think making the app transparent is not trivial and maybe texts are harder to read then. So I skip that. Removing the rounded edges would be also done very quickly. I'll just play around a bit and see what I end with.
Isaacvigo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Isaacvigo »

I'm glad to be able to help, even with so little.
I agree that the wide or expandable bars are much more comfortable.
Well, the image I uploaded as a proposal is an unprofessional and hasty job ..., simply playing with the options that I thought would be more "simple", bearing in mind that despite "simple", they involve hard work from code overwriting given the multitude of buttons, sections, button behavior, etc.
Even so, the idea was to remodel, without having to start the program from scratch.
Sorry for the quality of the photoshop montage, since it is not a true reflection of the result, since the transparency when applied only to the backgrounds, would not be reflected in the texts or images, being these more clearly visible and unaltered, they would have an enhancement which would contrast perfectly, since it is a program dedicated to 3d and for enthusiasts of depth effects. It is a technique that windows adopted when 3d vision was a project with a future, and used in various gallery applications for image enhancement and texts.
(That test image loses contrast in the texts because they are transparent there because it is only a quick test).
Based on the philosophy that we are in a world so loaded with visual information, that the ideal is that only what is important should be visible, only what is visible should be illuminated, a principle that developers begin to understand (hence, they begin to popular dark wallpapers for mobile and applications and dark themes).
Eager to see your own experiments, the tool is amazing and deserves to look amazing.

P.D- The sample was maded under #000000 color , at 20% alpha transparency, but i have many other samples numerated under color and alphas just for testing in case you want to see other examples

Crazy idea of ​​the day:
In order to justify the need for a transparent appearance :D ,(besides counting the visual improvement that would result in vr for helixvision), today's idea is based on the possible need to bring 3dfm to the screen in the middle of a game in the near future to make changes in real time, in future implementations, that overlay it would make it a necessity, already resolved.
and ... what's the crazy idea ?, the possibility of using 3dfm in real time in games to make changes ;) .

(ambitious? yes... But as you have already demonstrated in this community, you have the ability to think in 3 dimensions)
And who knows if there is no possibility that some other visionary engineer in the community will see the option of turning 3dfm into < 3D fix maker < 3D maker , joining the project.
Most of that technology and that codes is already included in the current program and dlls... it is just a difficult puzzle to put together.
I am a dreamer with a huge dream, but also a visionary who sees a lot of future here.
Hans Davis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hans Davis »

I have an issue that MAY have something to do with me having patched drivers using 3dfixmanager. The cause could be something entirely unrelated.

I've been having very occasional very quick flashes of white screen or a quick flash of a coloured line and other such infrequent abnormalities. Thus far I have never encountered them while playing a game, only during mundane Windows usage. The oddness persisted after a clean install of windows including SSD reformatting. I did not have this issue with my old 1080ti which I upgraded a few weeks ago. My 2080ti was tested recently-but a little while before the problems had started-and it was working perfectly. I need to continue testing it further but I can't find evidence of a card failure. I get the impression that my graphics drivers and Windows may not be cooperating as they should. These problems have been happening only after I patch my graphics drivers with 3d fix vision. I have not noticed them on vanilla drivers. I cannot say with absolute certainty that the problem was not there before patching my drivers because the visual abnormalities are infrequent and unpredictable so I may just not have happened to notice them on vanilla drivers which I spent less time using. A driver conflict seems like a possibility. My SSD health tests are excellent. Has anyone else ever encountered unusual graphics behaviour while using patched drivers? I can live with the odd graphics behaviour, but it can't be a sign of anything good. Windows booting and load times are inconsistent and very occasionally a bit longer than usual as well. Based on symptoms I would think that it has to be my SSD failing but I can't find evidence of a problem through basic diagnostic testing of the SSD, so I thought I'd try asking here in case it is actually related to a conflict with a patched driver. Note: the problem still persists if I turn off 3d and the Geforce hack in 3dfixmanager. Reinstalling drivers with DDU and patching again does not solve it. For some reason the bringback3dv tool doesn't work for me as an alternative, whether or not the EDID is installed prior to installing the patched driver-I can't get it to successfully install the 3d vision drivers. The checkbox options are grayed out.

I am on windows version 1909 build 18363.836, Nvidea graphics driver version 445.87. I use a passive 3d tv with an EDID.
I am not fully convinced that I have excluded the possibility of a hardware error yet, but am having a hard time finding any evidence for one. I don't think this is an easy thing for someone to help troubleshoot remotely and that would fall outside the scope of this thread so I'm mainly just curious if anyone else has encountered similar oddities with this driver and windows combination, patched through 3dfixmanager.

Cheers

P.S. It may also just be my fate. Bugs find me. They come to me specifically.
jgsieve
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jgsieve »

I can’t seem to find a answer to this. I just got a epson home cinema 4000, and have the RF glasses coming in. Can I play without the emitter diamond? I was looking for a virtual installer but I can’t get a solid answer for this. Any help is appreciated.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Pauldusler wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:10 am I think I'll start a "fast ring" for updates now. It brings small improvements and new features can be tested out before going final. I also increment the version in the app after having ignored this for the betas. So first unofficial release is 1.751:
3DFM 1.751 released

Change Notes 3DFM 1.751
  • Added Tim's Start3D.exe which re-enables 3D for Shadow of the Tomb Raider in DX12 mode. It's automatically copied to game directory when starting the game
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
[26-05-2020] PC Patch Notes for patch 1.0.298 (Patch #19)

We have just released the eighteenth PC patch for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, build 1.0.298. This patch focuses primarily on a fix for support for the next Window 10 update.
Hi Markus,
I had to update the Start3D.exe file.
After this new version, updating the game version will no longer affect start3D.exe and will not need to be updated again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 10 Pro x64 (20H2) , i7 6700K 4.7GHz , DDR4 3000MHz 32GB, GTX 1660 Super , PG278Q , 3D Vision 2
My 3D Epic Screenshots I - II and Videos ----- GHOSTING Fix PG278Q ------- HITMAN-2 3D-FIX TOOLBOX
ivan046
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ivan046 »

Hello! Please, help!
I've recently purchased the DeadCore game in Steam. Many reviewers wrote that it looks awesome in 3D and it's sad that it has no native VR support. And there is a mod for it in 3DFM. The idea was to use 3DFM to launch it in SBS/TB stereo mode and use VirtualDesktop to play it. I already played Borderlands 3 and Witcher 3 the same way and it was cool experience. But when I launch DeadCore, it starts in anaglyph mode only, despite my Display profile:
Screenshot (15).png
I did also set "StereoAnaglyphType"=dword:00000000 and "LeftAnaglyphFilter"=dword:ffffff00 and "RightAnaglyphFilter"=dword:ffffff00
in Windows registry and edited stereo3d registry folder permissions to allow only read access from "system".
Screenshot (14).png
And 3D Vision test app (from Nvidia Control Panel) also shows anaglyph image and Stereoscopic 3D Type: 3D Vision Discover (not 3D Vision Descover for VR like in 3DFM profile)
Just don't know what to do. Further googling helped me to find that helix mods for DX9 games are managed different from 3dmegoto mods for DX11 games (Borderlands 3) that work out of the box in 3DFM. And I can't find any guides about how to force DX9 game (DeadCore) to run in SBS/TB mode :(

Any advice, please? Thanks in advance!
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

ivan046 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:37 am Hello! Please, help!
I've recently purchased the DeadCore game in Steam. Many reviewers wrote that it looks awesome in 3D and it's sad that it has no native VR support. And there is a mod for it in 3DFM. The idea was to use 3DFM to launch it in SBS/TB stereo mode and use VirtualDesktop to play it. I already played Borderlands 3 and Witcher 3 the same way and it was cool experience. But when I launch DeadCore, it starts in anaglyph mode only, despite my Display profile:
Screenshot (15).png
I did also set "StereoAnaglyphType"=dword:00000000 and "LeftAnaglyphFilter"=dword:ffffff00 and "RightAnaglyphFilter"=dword:ffffff00
in Windows registry and edited stereo3d registry folder permissions to allow only read access from "system".
Screenshot (14).png
And 3D Vision test app (from Nvidia Control Panel) also shows anaglyph image and Stereoscopic 3D Type: 3D Vision Discover (not 3D Vision Descover for VR like in 3DFM profile)
Just don't know what to do. Further googling helped me to find that helix mods for DX9 games are managed different from 3dmegoto mods for DX11 games (Borderlands 3) that work out of the box in 3DFM. And I can't find any guides about how to force DX9 game (DeadCore) to run in SBS/TB mode :(

Any advice, please? Thanks in advance!
Sbs/Tb is not possible for Deadcore as the game is DirectX 9. For playing in VR please use HelixVision developed by Bo3b and me: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127310/HelixVision
I've just successfully tested DeadCore with HelixVision and it works. We'll add that game to the list of supported HelixVision games.

Generally HelixVision is easier to set up than the combination of Virtual Desktop and 3D Vision (everything works out of the box with HelixVision while with Virtual desktop it's a lot of fiddling). Of course games like Witcher 3 also work perfectly with HelixVision.
Last edited by Pauldusler on Sun May 31, 2020 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

TimFx7 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:37 pm
Pauldusler wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:10 am I think I'll start a "fast ring" for updates now. It brings small improvements and new features can be tested out before going final. I also increment the version in the app after having ignored this for the betas. So first unofficial release is 1.751:
3DFM 1.751 released

Change Notes 3DFM 1.751
  • Added Tim's Start3D.exe which re-enables 3D for Shadow of the Tomb Raider in DX12 mode. It's automatically copied to game directory when starting the game
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
[26-05-2020] PC Patch Notes for patch 1.0.298 (Patch #19)

We have just released the eighteenth PC patch for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, build 1.0.298. This patch focuses primarily on a fix for support for the next Window 10 update.
Hi Markus,
I had to update the Start3D.exe file.
After this new version, updating the game version will no longer affect start3D.exe and will not need to be updated again.
Thank you very much! I'll add this to 3DFM :).
ivan046
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ivan046 »

Pauldusler wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:41 am Sbs/Tb is not possible for Deadcore as the game is DirectX 9. For playing in VR please use HelixVision developed by Bo3b and me: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127310/HelixVision
I've just successfully tested DeadCore with HelixVision and it works. We'll add that game to the list of supported HelixVision games.

Generally HelixVision is easier to set up than the combination of Virtual Desktop and 3D Vision (everything works out of the box with HelixVision while with Virtual desktop it's a lot of fiddling). Of course games like Witcher 3 also work perfectly with HelixVision.
Thanks for your answer!
I already own HelixVision but looks like DeadCore is not in the list and the last entry on HelixVision's Activity is on March 23. How can I check its updates? maybe I should switch to some beta channel?
And I've also thought that HelixVision is quite like Virtual Theater for 3D fix Manager that mirrors my fullscreen-started game to the big screen inside the VR environment. So it renders the game in stereo directly to HMD instead? I've launched the Wither 3 through HelixVision and it was on my desktop too...
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

ivan046 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:12 am
Pauldusler wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:41 am Sbs/Tb is not possible for Deadcore as the game is DirectX 9. For playing in VR please use HelixVision developed by Bo3b and me: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127310/HelixVision

Thanks for your answer!
I already own HelixVision but looks like DeadCore is not in the list and the last entry on HelixVision's Activity is on March 23. How can I check its updates? maybe I should switch to some beta channel?
And I've also thought that HelixVision is quite like Virtual Theater for 3D fix Manager that mirrors my fullscreen-started game to the big screen inside the VR environment. So it renders the game in stereo directly to HMD instead? I've launched the Wither 3 through HelixVision and it was on my desktop too...
DeadCore is in the list of games supported in the "hacker" mode of HelixVision, which is actually 3DFM. We call it hacker mode because new users were getting confused.

Switch to 3D Vision mode under Settings, and you can see every profile that 3DFM supports:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1938183170

DeadCore is in that list. It doesn't show up in the VirtualReality list because we haven't tested it for playability and quality. We want the VR list to be only superb experiences, as a curated list. But we allow you launch anything you want out of 3DVision/Hacker mode.

Let us know if that doesn't work for you.

When running a game in HelixVision, it will typically be in Discover/red-blue/Anaglyph mode on your desktop. Inside the VR hmd though it will look and run normally.

It's also possible to have it run in normal 3D Vision mode on your desktop, but since you are in VR, there is no advantage to this, and some small disadvantages like not being able to use windowed mode.
gold
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gold »

I'm late to the party. Can someone who is good at explaining things simply explain what is the benefit of 3D Fix Manager as opposed to installing the Helixmod / 3Dmigoto files yourself into the game directory?

I use an Active Samsung UE65JU7000 TV and play games in Nvidia 3D like Assassin's Creed, Alien Isolation, Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered. That last one is not on Helixmod yet so I have to use 3Dmigoto unfortunately.

Unfortunately I am forced to use the old Nvidia driver 425.31 because it was the last one with 3D support.
for3donly
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by for3donly »

Here are a couple of many benefits:
- latest version of 3dfm can update Nvidia driver to the latest version with 3dVision
- makes it simple and convenient to install/uninstall game fixes with just one click.

I strongly suggest that you go thru this thread and also read the 3dfm user guide, the payoff is huge for a 3dvision gamer.
Also please remember to support the shaderhackers and other contributors by donation if possible. They are the pillars of this small 3D vision community and have put in credible amount of works to keep this hobby going better than ever before.
dhmotorsport
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by dhmotorsport »

Hi all, I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I’ve been playing Assetto Corsa Competizione in sbs 3d via 3dfm for a while now. Today it updated my nvidia driver and now won’t select sbs just line interlaced. When I go to launch the game via the ‘Play 3D’ button I get the ‘3d fix needs installing’ dialogue box but when I select it it says ‘Download Failed’. I’ve manually downloaded the fix from the link and extracted it to the game directory as suggested but it still asks me to install the fix then tries (and fails) to download it. It then ignores the sbs setting in the 3dfm control panel and launches the game line interlaced.

Am I missing something obvious as I’m stumped?
dhmotorsport
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by dhmotorsport »

Fixed!

Uninstalled the game and 3dfm clean re-install of both and its back to normal.
ivan046
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ivan046 »

Pauldusler wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:03 am 3DFM 1.754 released:
Download 3DFM 1.754
Hello! HelixVision runs on top of v1.754 for quite a long time already, but there is no updates on 3DFM website since 1.75, so the only way to find the updated version is the post above. Do you plan a new release, soon?
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

ivan046 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:07 pm
Pauldusler wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:03 am 3DFM 1.754 released:
Download 3DFM 1.754
Hello! HelixVision runs on top of v1.754 for quite a long time already, but there is no updates on 3DFM website since 1.75, so the only way to find the updated version is the post above. Do you plan a new release, soon?
Yeah, sorry for the long delay. Release will be in about a week.

The new version will bring these major things:
- Driver hack via 3dmigoto (global driver hack still available)
- Framerate Limiter via Nvidia driver preferrably
- Reduced form for creating new profiles (Switch for Advanced / Simple View)
Zloth
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zloth »

Framerate limiter? That sounds promising.

I just used 3DFM to update my drivers to 451.48 and now I get the red overlay text saying I'm not in a compatible mode except when running the 3D Vision Test program. Even the 3D Vision setup program gets the red text! Really annoying because 3D Vision is actually working just fine.

I've got the 3D Vision drivers set to a max of 120Hz. I tried setting them to 100Hz but it didn't make a difference. I'm under Windows 10 1909.
"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of."
- They Might Be Giants
ivan046
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ivan046 »

Pauldusler wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:22 am Yeah, sorry for the long delay. Release will be in about a week.
Awesome! Thank you very much for your efforts!
ivan046
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ivan046 »

Is it possible to use 3D Fix Manager to run games in FULL SBS or FULL OverUnder mode instead of half SBS? Half modes give really less beautiful picture :(
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

ivan046 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:48 am Is it possible to use 3D Fix Manager to run games in FULL SBS or FULL OverUnder mode instead of half SBS? Half modes give really less beautiful picture :(
3DFM uses 3dmigoto's side by side shader to enable sbs output - afaik not supported there. Actually framepacking / 3DTV is using full OverUnder but with a restriction to 720p@60hz and 1080p@24hz. Side by Side format was generally introduced to lower bandwidth requirements - e.g. for streaming 3D videos so they halfed the resolution per eye there.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Zloth wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:10 pm Framerate limiter? That sounds promising.

I just used 3DFM to update my drivers to 451.48 and now I get the red overlay text saying I'm not in a compatible mode except when running the 3D Vision Test program. Even the 3D Vision setup program gets the red text! Really annoying because 3D Vision is actually working just fine.

I've got the 3D Vision drivers set to a max of 120Hz. I tried setting them to 100Hz but it didn't make a difference. I'm under Windows 10 1909.
Framerate limiter option exists for over a year in 3DFM. But so far you had to install RivaTuner Statistics Server for using this. Now 3DFM will use the new framerate limiter in Nvidia driver if driver version is beyond 441. 87. Otherwise RTSS or as last option the old Nvidia frame rate limiter (the latter is worst solution but still ok)

When I saw the red text it was due to my 3D Vision emitter not properly installed - Device manager showed an exclamation mark. I reinstalled the usb driver and everything was fine again.

Sometimes turning on / off 3D in Nvidia Control Panel might fix this issues.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

Whats the use of frame Rate limiter?
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

@ Pauldusler

I have tried to install an update for a UE4 game that is fixed using universal fix and the update was making strange things in the d3dx.ini file. its completelydisordered and sections changed or missing. If i uninstall the fix and reinstall it, everything is OK...

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”