New 3D headset kickstarter

bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

New 3D headset kickstarter

Post by bo3bber »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ci ... escription

Just ran across this, looks like an Avegant Glyph update, but different company. 1440p in stereoscopic.

I couldn't quite tell if screen is stuck to your face, or there is something like a cinema head tracking. They claim some VR support via gyroscope, so might.

$550 for HDMI version. Interesting from the standpoint that not all 3D hardware is done. They specifically support 3D Blu Ray.
zaibaker
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: New 3D headset kickstarter

Post by zaibaker »

Hi,

you took one?

It is appealing, but i'm not sure if i'm interested or not.
If it was 4k i surely already took one.

Curious to see if all the pledge will be done.

Can i order one then cancel if it didn't reach the last pledge?
Update: I tried since in the FAQ of Kickstarter it says so, it's doable before the campaign finish ;).

The old version was bad for gaming due to screen latency, i'm afraid on this point.

Other point, can we make it 3D Vision capable or not? I see in the FAQ the screen is limited to 60hz...
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Extremely interesting, but for now i'm on the wait and see approach but i'll sure get one if this performs as promised, also glad to see that it made more that $1 million, it seems that there's still interest for 3d devices out there. I still use my HMZ-T2 to this day for 3d movies, nothing beats it with that OLED screens and fantastic 3d depth, I really want a superior version of it in resolution and form factor.

In terms of tech, the form factor identical to avegant glyph but this uses micro displays instead of light fields, which worked great but it was annoying to set up, so it should be a lot better.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

zaibaker wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:34 amyou took one?

It is appealing, but i'm not sure if i'm interested or not.
If it was 4k i surely already took one.

Curious to see if all the pledge will be done.

Can i order one then cancel if it didn't reach the last pledge?
Update: I tried since in the FAQ of Kickstarter it says so, it's doable before the campaign finish ;).

The old version was bad for gaming due to screen latency, i'm afraid on this point.

Other point, can we make it 3D Vision capable or not? I see in the FAQ the screen is limited to 60hz...
I did not contribute, although I like the idea. I've already got too much gear, so for me I can't justify the price.

Should be possible and pretty easy to get 3D Vision on this. It will probably support SBS out of the box.
zaibaker
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zaibaker »

bo3bber wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:00 pmShould be possible and pretty easy to get 3D Vision on this. It will probably support SBS out of the box.
SBS feature will limit us about the games, is there any alternative?

EDID can make it you think even with 60hz screen?
Frame packing can be activated with 3D Vision?

Please share the solutions you see, maybe i will get one finally if it can make as 3D monitor ;).
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

Sounds good. I am looking fodward to get my 1st hmd and I have no idea what it the best choice today (or if it is better to wait a couple of months). I have read something about HP REVERB G2 (release date 1st October). Now this Cinera Edge..., I really don't know what are the differnces in terms of 3D betweem each.

I like the idea of introducing the diopter adjustment, so that you don’t need to wear glasses (if it is good enough implemented). I also like the cable free that is seems to be, but I really don't know if there is any lag when playing pc games for example, or the distance between the HMD and the PC. Maybe without a proper review of these type of hardware, with all the little details, we never know. I guess the best choice also depend on compatibility. I have really no idea, I did not read enough about HMDs and I am starting just today.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
zaibaker
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zaibaker »

zaibaker wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:13 am
bo3bber wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:00 pmShould be possible and pretty easy to get 3D Vision on this. It will probably support SBS out of the box.
SBS feature will limit us about the games, is there any alternative?

EDID can make it you think even with 60hz screen?
Frame packing can be activated with 3D Vision?

Please share the solutions you see, maybe i will get one finally if it can make as 3D monitor ;).
Hey,

5 days left, can anyone share a hint for getting 3D vision work on this HMD with 60hz OLED screen please?

I really want to know if there is a way outside of using SBS.

By the way, can HelixVision send such signal (SBS or TaB) to any hdmi device to play games in 3D without VR headset?
It will be cool, because this must be clearer than VR headset on market.

I hope to see a reply before the end of the KS :s.
Thanks in advance.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”