Warcraft III Reforged

Dpa3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Warcraft III Reforged

Post by Dpa3D »

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has took a look at this game yet. Is there a possibility of a this ever displaying correctly in 3D? I have went so far as to remove problem shaders in other games, but something like this is above my understanding on where to even begin.

[edit] the view changes slightly when 3D is activated\deactivated, and the menu items can be brought on screen from the far left adjusting convergence, but there is no double image\3d
Sinizar
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Warcraft III Reforged

Post by Sinizar »

Dpa3D wrote:Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has took a look at this game yet. Is there a possibility of a this ever displaying correctly in 3D? I have went so far as to remove problem shaders in other games, but something like this is above my understanding on where to even begin.

[edit] the view changes slightly when 3D is activated\deactivated, and the menu items can be brought on screen from the far left adjusting convergence, but there is no double image\3d
I have a computer specifically setup for 3D Vision that is running the last nVidia driver release with 3D vision. I built this after I struggled with getting it working on my RTX 2080 Super. On my computer for 3D Vision Reforged does not work in 3D which is strange considering the original did. I prefer to play the original over Reforged because of this. I would much rather have stereoscopic over pretty textures.
DeBeh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DeBeh »

Hi, just managed to turn on 3D Vision in Warcraft 3 Reforged. The issue seems to be that Reforged supports on PC just DX11 while keeping the same name of the .exe file. 3D vision wrapper expects from old Warcraft obviously a DX9 interface.

Helix Mod support gives a detailed guide how to assign .exe files to other working profiles with the tool Nvidia Inspector: go on Helix webside to " [How to get compatibility mode/Depth Buffer/Fake 3D to work with nearly all DX11 titles]"

Knowing that DOTA 2 bases on Warcraft engine I removed in Nvidia Inspector Warcraft III.exe from Warcraft 3 profile and added it to the DOTA 2 profile following that guide. After starting Warcraft 3 Reforged 3D Vision believes now to work with DOTA 2 - but at the end it runs in 3D Vision if you jump into the game. Hope that helps you and other few remaining 3D vision enthuisasts :wink:
Dpa3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dpa3D »

DeBeh wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:12 pm Hi, just managed to turn on 3D Vision in Warcraft 3 Reforged. The issue seems to be that Reforged supports on PC just DX11 while keeping the same name of the .exe file. 3D vision wrapper expects from old Warcraft obviously a DX9 interface.

Helix Mod support gives a detailed guide how to assign .exe files to other working profiles with the tool Nvidia Inspector: go on Helix webside to " [How to get compatibility mode/Depth Buffer/Fake 3D to work with nearly all DX11 titles]"

Knowing that DOTA 2 bases on Warcraft engine I removed in Nvidia Inspector Warcraft III.exe from Warcraft 3 profile and added it to the DOTA 2 profile following that guide. After starting Warcraft 3 Reforged 3D Vision believes now to work with DOTA 2 - but at the end it runs in 3D Vision if you jump into the game. Hope that helps you and other few remaining 3D vision enthuisasts :wink:
Wow, thanks DeBeh :woot I tried using 3Dmigoto to remove the effects around\under the characters that are a bit off, but couldn't get it to load. Thanks again! :D

[edit] 3Dmigoto loads if I disable 3D\driver modifications (I am using the latest windows 10). I don't know much of anything about this, but the offending effects are definitely small enough of a distraction for me to ignore in order to play in 3D

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”