Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated

thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated

Post by thebigdogma »

Not sure how many of you will be interested in this one, but posting in the event that there is some interest.

When applying Losti's UE4 Universal fix, the game will report a fatal error. So, before launching the game the first time, comment out the following lines of the d3dx.ini file:

[TextureOverrideDepthTarget1]match_type = Texture2Dmatch_format = R16_TYPELESS; match_bind_flags = 0x48match_width = heightStereo Mode = 2

Then, you will be able to enjoy the full power of Plankton's evil plans in glorious S3D! :woot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated

Post by skyrimer »

Never have been a great fan of Spongebob but a 3d game is a 3d game, wishisted, thanks for the tips to make it work.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

I really don't remember playing the original, so the game has a fresh feel for me. It is also (surprisingly) more "open-world" than I expected. Tons of collectibles, good gameplay variety, the ability to play as SB, Patrick and Sandy... and the wacky humor the series is noted for.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

Is this windows Store game?remember bo3b has this Problem for another windows Store game. The new Universal fix will have this as troubleshooting Crash workaround to remove this entry. But this can lead to shadow issues.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

It is available on the Windows Store, but I purchased via Green Man and it is available on Steam and GOG. I haven't seen any issues with shadows in the game and I an fairly well into it at this point.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Yeah the shadow issues only happens if this entry is needed that is the case in arround 66 petcent of the games. I suppose that the game also runs with stereoenabledflags 4008... because the entry you have removed is not necessary for this case but for the case you need 5008. Can you check this for me wether the game is also perfect using 4008 instead of 5008 Please???

And can you try to leave

[TextureOverrideDepthTarget1]match_type = Texture2Dmatch_format = R16_TYPELESS; match_bind_flags = 0x48match_width = heightStereo Mode = 2

inside the d3dx.ini and set ;APP_COMPAT_SHIM = 1 to APP_COMPAT_SHIM = 1 (remove the ; infront of the line) if the crash is gone than ??

AND report back ???
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Still works perfect with 4008 setting.
Losti

Post by Losti »

And using the shim settings discriped above but let the ini entry remain you have removed to fix Crash?
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Yes.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Is the game NOT crashing having the shim thing activated and

In the ini?

can you try 4008 and 5008 ?
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

:P Oh, sorry... I didn't read for comprehension!

I will try what you have suggested above and report back.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Losti wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:17 am Yeah the shadow issues only happens if this entry is needed that is the case in arround 66 petcent of the games. I suppose that the game also runs with stereoenabledflags 4008... because the entry you have removed is not necessary for this case but for the case you need 5008. Can you check this for me wether the game is also perfect using 4008 instead of 5008 Please???

And can you try to leave

inside the d3dx.ini and set ;APP_COMPAT_SHIM = 1 to APP_COMPAT_SHIM = 1 (remove the ; infront of the line) if the crash is gone than ??

AND report back ???
I reactivated [TextureOverrideDepthTarget1]match_type = Texture2Dmatch_format = R16_TYPELESS; match_bind_flags = 0x48match_width = heightStereo Mode = 2
I activated APP_COMPAT_SHIM = 1
I tested both stereoenabledflags 4008 and 5008

Everything worked fine - no crashes.
Losti

Post by Losti »

thebigdogma wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:44 pm
Losti wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:17 am Yeah the shadow issues only happens if this entry is needed that is the case in arround 66 petcent of the games. I suppose that the game also runs with stereoenabledflags 4008... because the entry you have removed is not necessary for this case but for the case you need 5008. Can you check this for me wether the game is also perfect using 4008 instead of 5008 Please???

And can you try to leave

AND report back ???
I reactivated [TextureOverrideDepthTarget1]match_type = Texture2Dmatch_format = R16_TYPELESS; match_bind_flags = 0x48match_width = heightStereo Mode = 2
I activated APP_COMPAT_SHIM = 1
I tested both stereoenabledflags 4008 and 5008

Everything worked fine - no crashes.
So you may should have better Read the Fix post and or searched for a solution in the config tool :-)

Code: Select all

Crashes and Hangups - possible Options to cure

1. Enable APP_COMPAT_SHIM
>>> Change available in "UE4-UF2-Configuration Tool"
It helped some players to activate the APP_COMPAT_SHIM = 1 option in d3dx.ini. To do this, look for this line and remove the semicolon in front of it to unlock the option. If this is not already the case, set this to 1.
THANK YOU for testing !!!!!!!!
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

My pleasure - glad I could help in my own small, non-techie way! :D

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”