POLL: Title for a Single NVIDIA Sub-section Sub-forum...

This website is for our members. Do you have some design ideas? Are there features you would like to see? What additions would drive this site forward? POST YOUR IDEAS HERE!
P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

POLL: Title for a Single NVIDIA Sub-section Sub-forum...

Post by P.C.Zen »

Hi guys. I've been trying to spearhead the Nvidia 3D Vision community's migration (from the Nvidia forum).

From mid-November onwards, once he's cleared his workload, Neil is going to take a look at the Nvidia sub-section.

Potentially the 3 sub-forums currently in the Nvidia sub-section may very likely be merged into a single sub-forum.

A question and a request:

...Question: Thinking just of the Nvidia sub-section, would you want the "S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)" merged into a single sub-forum with the other technical topics or do you think it should remain seperate?

...Request: Assuming people do want a single sub-forum (in the Nvidia sub-section), please post suggestions for the title of that single sub-forum...
Last edited by P.C.Zen on Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Re: POLL: Title for a Single NVIDIA Sub-section Sub-forum...

Post by P.C.Zen »

To get the ball rolling:

My suggestion, which was implemented (and which (because of feedback I've since received) I'm now trying to get deleted/merged with the existing sub-forum) is:

"Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting"

Suggestions I recieved (in a different thread (from BlackShark)) for titles for two separate sub-forums, while we wait for the potential merge (covering a catch-all technical sub-forum, and the existing "S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)" sub-form) :

"3D Vision : Drivers, hardware, software and community tools discussion"

"3D Vision : Games and community fixes"

If you could post your suggestions for how you think a single (Nvidia sub-section) sub-forum should be named it would be a massive help...

...thanks in advance :)
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

We are refugees from a destroyed country. We need to ensure the highest usability and highest interactivity within this forum and community, if we are going to grow a brave new world from the ashes.

In my humble opinion, we ought to indeed combine all nVidia forums into one single power forum, perhaps simply named "NVidia 3D Vision".

1. Fragmentation of forums might work for busy forums with large communities where it is difficult to keep track of the happenings. Unfortunately, we are a small community with a declining userbase - IMHO multiple sub-forums will not work well here.

2. No-one has the time to track/visit 2 sections of the forums, - only one forum will be bookmarked by users, and the other forum will seldom see any use.

3. Everything related to 3DV is so intertwined that separating the forums into sections would only be via an arbitrary line in the sand, and ultimately self-defeating.

4. The community needs to see that the forums are busy. Splitting forums only decreases the traffic to each, and in the end the sum of traffic to a fragmented forum will be less than the traffic to a combined forum - it will not be a zero sum game.

5. Everyone is used to the old Single nVidia forum layout.

My 2 shillings: indeed, let's combine all nVidia related forums into one single forum.

To the Undiscovered Country, dear friends...
Last edited by RAGEdemon on Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
budda
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by budda »

Hi,

It seems Nvidia have discontinued classic stereovision 3DVision support, and moved its support to virtual reality applications instead.

I believe they are making a mistake.

With the Tilt Five stereo projection glasses going to become a big thing next year, including streaming in 3D and youtube uploading and posting in 3D, they are going to miss out on big opportunities from a new market segment in social 3D.

It's important to keep vestige 3D Nvidia knowhow alive on this site.

Thanks.
john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

P.C.Zen wrote: ...Question: Thinking just of the Nvidia sub-section, would you want the "S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)" merged into a single sub-forum with the other technical topics or do you think it should remain seperate?
Yes, I would prefer all 3D Vision subforums merged.
P.C.Zen wrote: ...Request: Assuming people do want a single sub-forum (in the Nvidia sub-section), please post suggestions for the title of that single sub-forum...
I would call it simply NVIDIA 3D Vision.
john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

Too bad these subforums were never merged, even though most people here and in viewtopic.php?f=181&t=23311 were in favor :(

Return to “MTBS Website Ideas”