Uhd 40 projector question

guitarlickz
One Eyed Hopeful

Uhd 40 projector question

Post by guitarlickz »

Hi guys,
I’m planning lectures about 3D in general and 3D photography (after covid19 era) specifically.
All presentation will be with the uhd40.
Now my question is - will I be limited by the number of DLP glasses the projector could connect to?
If for example I want to connect 50 3D glasses - is it possible at all?

Thanks!
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Uhd 40 projector question

Post by bo3bber »

This will definitely work. You should have no problem having 50 glasses all synced to the same projector.

Assuming you are using projector glasses, they use a red flash technique to keep everything in sync. All the glasses capture the red flash and stay in sync. There is no communication from the glasses back to the projector, so you can in principle do as many glasses as you like.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

This makes me wonder if it would be possible to extract the info for the DLP Link flash from a Projector and perhaps integrate it into 3DMigoto.
That way DLP glasses could be used with a monitor, just like with a Mitsubushi DLP 3DTV.
With the flash inserted between frames, timing issues might not be a problem on VA and IPS panels, excluding Pixel Persistence issues.
Most projectors use Open Source software.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Not possible with monitor I'm afraid, 3DNovice - the fps of the monitor is the max rate it is able to refresh - a new frame cannot be inserted without removing a frame from the game.

DLP frames are different in that the ~DLP chip can flash a very short frame in between regular frames.

What can be possible is to emit some kind of light from an LED, but then you just have regular IR 3D Vision glasses.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”