The Big Announcement!

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

The Big Announcement!

Post by PressBot »

Hello everyone!

I?m sorry for being a bit late in posting this news, but it?s been crazy here in Paris (in a good way!).

First, Dimension-3 Expo was a TREMENDOUS success! I?m going to have videos of the event available, and if you are interested, you will be able to download my presentation for your viewing. A lot was covered, and I hope you like it.

NOW - the BIG announcement!

iZ3D is releasing their own proprietary stereoscopic drivers when their 22" S-3D monitor is released.

Here are the big benefits:

[*]Supports post processing effects (HDR, Bloom, etc.).
[*]Supports NVIDA and AMD/ATI Graphics Cards.
[*]Supports multi-core CPUs.
[*]Vista compatible for DirectX 8 and 9 games!
[*]Reasonably accurate cross-hair for most games (no laser sight needed).
[*]Proper Hardware Transform & Lighting Support.
[*]YES! They fully support 8800 series cards!

Limitations:

[*]Proprietary to iZ3D monitor(s).
[*]Supports DirectX 8 and 9 ? nothing later or earlier YET.
[*]OpenGL is not supported YET.

I?ve been using the drivers for some time, and they clearly offer a lot of S-3D benefits without the quality trade-offs. I will post more screen shots when I get home in a few days.

I am very excited by these drivers because:

1. They demonstrate that S-3D can be achieved without visual trade-offs.
2. They will encourage accelerated innovation in the S-3D driver market.
3. Top quality S-3D is now possible on both NVIDIA and ATI solutions.

To celebrate this innovation, we are going to be announcing a new incentive program that will award MTBS S-3D advocates free monitors and very deep discounts on monitor purchases.

MTBS is non-proprietary, and we will be maintaining our current certification standards. We will be adding an additional category for iZ3D drivers as their criteria for visual success are very different.

Thank you for you patience!

Read full article...
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

The Big Announcement!

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Hello everyone! I?m sorry for being a bit late in posting this news, but it?s been crazy here in Paris (in a good way!). First, Dimension-3 Expo was a TREMENDOUS success! I?m going to have videos of the event available, and if you are interested, you will be able to download my presentation for your viewing. A lot was covered, and I hope you like it. NOW – the BIG announcement! iZ3D is releasing their own proprietary stereoscopic drivers when their 22″ S-3D monitor is released. Here are the big benefits: Supports post processing effects (HDR, Bloom, etc.). Supports NVIDA and AMD/ATI Graphics Cards. Supports multi-core ...

Return to “MTBS News”