First Native S-3D Game Engine Announced!

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by PressBot »

Hello everyone!

CES has been great so far, and I think I’m going to have a lot of good things to share this week. Our first major announcement is in the “PRESS” section of MTBS.

It’s official! Unigine is the first modern game engine to natively support stereoscopic 3D solutions WITHOUT the need for special drivers.

At this time, their game engine natively supports iZ3D monitors and anaglyph mode, and native support for the upcoming TDVisor is already in the works. This is an excellent first step for the industry, and it is a very realistic future to expect other game engines to follow suit by including S-3D support natively.

Imagine games running stereoscopic 3D equally well on all solutions straight out of the box. No more begging for new drivers, no more trade-offs between S-3D compatibility and video game effects, and no more inconsistency between 3D hardware set-ups. Even game developers benefit by having an even faster path for making their games S-3D compatible. This is our future!

Unigine has earned MTBS Endorsement, and we will begin promoting their excellent work shortly on this site. We will do this for all game engines that natively support S-3D through participating MTBS S-3D manufacturers or more.

There is still more news to come from CES!

Read full article...
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Hello everyone! CES has been great so far, and I think I’m going to have a lot of good things to share this week. Our first major announcement is in the “PRESS” section of MTBS. It’s official! Unigine is the first modern game engine to natively support stereoscopic 3D solutions WITHOUT the need for special drivers. At this time, their game engine natively supports iZ3D monitors and anaglyph mode, and native support for the upcoming TDVisor is already in the works. This is an excellent first step for the industry, and it is a very realistic future to expect other ...

Return to “MTBS News”