Stereoscopic Displays and Applications Conference, NAW Updates, Display Week 2008

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Stereoscopic Displays and Applications Conference, NAW Updates, Display Week 2008

Post by PressBot »

News on three fronts today!

First, the Stereoscopic Displays and Applications Conference is celebrating its 20th Anniversary this year! SD&A is the largest and longest running technical stereoscopic imaging conference worldwide, and features popular hands-on demonstration sessions.

Groups from academia and private research, applications engineering, and commercialization are all encouraged to submit abstracts for this 20th anniversary celebration and conference. Key topics include: stereoscopic and autostereoscopic displays, 3D image acquisition, data processing, 3D perceptual science, and applications of stereoscopy in medical imaging, military visualization, and entertainment. The current theme is digital 3D stereoscopic cinema, but I am working with SD&A to look at 3D gaming as well.

You can learn more about the conference and submit papers HERE[/b].

Second, MTBS Nations at War (NAW) has had a major update this weekend. Special thanks go to Sharky and LukePC. One of the biggest challenges with NAW is it is going to take awhile to have enough players to make the game fun. What good is building a city with a huge army if you don’t have enough enemies encroaching on your borders? When you play long enough, it is indeed lonely at the top. NO MORE!

NAW has now been programmed with an AI system complete with a population of NAW bots. Every six hours, a new bot is added to the game. These bots build cities, armies, and will attack and defend against other players. They have no egos. They are not scared of losing rank. They will be relentless. There will be a maximum of 400 bots in the game, and as new players join NAW, an equal number of bots will be taken off the map.

Another feature is the Market now allows you to buy vehicles right away without having to wait for construction. This is great if you are expecting an invasion and need to get ready fast. However, it will cost at least twice as much in money and resources compared to building things on your own.

Finally, I’m not at SID’s Display Week[/b] this year, but I will keep you posted as best I can. The latest is that Samsung is displaying a multiview digital information display that features autostereoscopic 3D. I have no images to share yet, but we are interested in learning about its resolution capabilities and how it works. We will keep you posted.

Read full article...
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

News on three fronts today! First, the Stereoscopic Displays and Applications Conference is celebrating its 20th Anniversary this year! SD&A is the largest and longest running technical stereoscopic imaging conference worldwide, and features popular hands-on demonstration sessions. Groups from academia and private research, applications engineering, and commercialization are all encouraged to submit abstracts for this 20th anniversary celebration and conference. Key topics include: stereoscopic and autostereoscopic displays, 3D image acquisition, data processing, 3D perceptual science, and applications of stereoscopy in medical imaging, military visualization, and entertainment. The current theme is digital 3D stereoscopic cinema, but I am working with ...

Return to “MTBS News”