The Masters Golf Tournament in 3D Findings

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by PressBot »

We tried.  We really tried!

The Masters golf tournament looked comfortable in stereoscopic 3D, and there was enough bandwidth to go around.  Unfortunately, 3D or not, golf is an acquired taste...and we have way too much acquiring to do!

The Internet broadcast worked nearly flawlessly on our NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision solution.  However, running off the latest version of Stereoscopic 3D Player with our interlaced monitor had very strange results.  It was as though there were three images on the screen with crazy levels of separation.  We think this was a software bug more than anything else because the 3D Vision player is just a "lite" version of the full Stereoscopic 3D Player.

While our level of golf whisper tolerance was limited, we are very grateful that Anton Belev took the time to record some footage for members to view (and enjoy) for themselves.  There should be some videos up on his site within the next few hours.

If you want to catch more golf in 3D, there are still plenty of opportunities to do so!

Please share your findings in the comments below.
Read full article...
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Re: The Masters Golf Tournament in 3D Findings

Post by BlackShark »

I tried yesterday but the bandwidth was insufficient for me and the video could only play for barely a few seconds before freezing and buffering again, if not crashing stereoscopic player.

From the very few shots I was able to watch, it seemed to look ok but I couldn't enjoy it due to the bandwidth problem.
WheatstoneHolmes
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: The Masters Golf Tournament in 3D Findings

Post by WheatstoneHolmes »

I tried with Stereoscopic player and DepthQ player yesterday, appearently they had posted the wrong URL, I just tried a moment ago with: mms://a370.l858334369.c8583.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/370/8583/v0001/reflector:34369" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and it worked!

But similar to what you said, golf is only good in 3D for those that already like to watch it in 2D. :ugeek:
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

We tried.  We really tried!

The Masters golf tournament in 3D

The Masters golf tournament looked comfortable in stereoscopic 3D, and there was enough bandwidth to go around.  Unfortunately, 3D or not, golf is an acquired taste…and we have way too much acquiring to do!

The Internet broadcast worked nearly flawlessly on our NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision solution.  However, running off the latest version of Stereoscopic 3D Player with our interlaced monitor had very strange results.  It was as though there were three images on the screen with crazy levels of separation.  We think this was a software bug more than anything else because the 3D Vision player is just a “lite” version of the full Stereoscopic 3D Player.

Return to “MTBS News”