Star Wars Saga in 3D...First Release in 2012!

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by PressBot »

"Getting good results on a stereo conversion is a matter of taking the time and getting it right...it takes a critical and artistic eye along with an incredible attention to detail to be successful. It is not something that you can rush if you want to expect good results. For Star Wars we will take our time, applying everything we know both aesthetically and technically to bring audiences a fantastic new Star Wars experience." - John Knoll, Visual Effects Supervisor for Industrial Light & Magic
Read full article...
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Star Wars Saga in 3D...First Release in 2012!

Post by Likay »

Since i'm a dedicated star wars fan i'll definitely see this, conversion or not. I'm happy about Mr Knolls concerns about quality and looking through the timeframe it's no question there's a huge affort behind converting sw saga into 3d. And again: So far 2d-3d conversions haven't shown any promises but personally i hope developement will move towards better algorithms that may look convincing. Personally i can accept some minor defects for as long as it's not something close to clash of the the titans...
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Post by Recostar »

I'm exited for this ,but there is this looming feeling of Disapointment that's sitting in the pit of my stomach everytime I see the words CONVERSION !!! :o .

Holy Star Wars Gods,( AKA Gorge Lucas) Please don't rush this and make it terribly unsettling to watch.

◘[////○/ý/○////•}██████████████████████████████████)
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Finally some official word (although this has been rumored in the works for years). I think if anyone can do a good conversion, its going to be them. Also keep in mind much of the set locations, vehicles, etc. from the 3 prequels were all CGI so they can easily be converted into 3D. The original movies will be harder. If they pull it off, it could validate the conversion process. I know after seeing a series of bad conversions (Clash of the Titans, The Last Airbender and Pirahna) I am not too excited about the whole idea. Still. I'll keep an open mind.
Neil

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

[caption id="attachment_15830" align="alignnone" width="229"]Get a 3D camera, girls!Get a 3D camera, girls![/caption]

“Getting good results on a stereo conversion is a matter of taking the time and getting it right…it takes a critical and artistic eye along with an incredible attention to detail to be successful. It is not something that you can rush if you want to expect good results. For Star Wars we will take our time, applying everything we know both aesthetically and technically to bring audiences a fantastic new Star Wars experience.” – John Knoll, Visual Effects Supervisor for Industrial Light & Magic

Return to “MTBS News”