Return to "HDMI Blu-Ray 3D"

Ashkaan
One Eyed Hopeful

Return to "HDMI Blu-Ray 3D"

Post by Ashkaan »

Hi, I have been using my Windows PC to play 3D Blu-rays for years without issue. I recently started playing 3DTV. Now, I can play games in 3D, but not Blu-rays and I want to go back. It used to say "HDMI Blu-Ray 3D", but now it says "3DTV Play" under stereoscopic settings. How can I get "HDMI Blu-Ray 3D" back?

Thanks!
john105
Cross Eyed!

Re: Return to "HDMI Blu-Ray 3D"

Post by john105 »

3DTV Play already includes HDMI Blu-Ray 3D, so it should work. Try reinstalling the driver. You can use 425.31 or lower. If it still doesn't work, you probably have some problem with your player.
Ashkaan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ashkaan »

I’m using that exact driver. Playback was perfect until I installed 3DTV Play. I understand that it should work, but it doesn’t. Can anyone tell me how to uninstall it??
john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

It's impossible to uninstall 3DTV Play because it's a part of the driver. The only way to go back to "HDMI Blu-Ray 3D" is to install an older driver. Probably around 39x.xx, I don't remember exactly when they started embedding it in the driver.

But your problem is elsewhere. Otherwise Blu-ray 3D wouldn't work for everyone who is using 425.31. If you provided more details than just "doesn't work" maybe we would be able to help.
Ashkaan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ashkaan »

Oh darn.. I see. All of the following used to work fine, but now they exhibit this:

nVidia Stereoscopic 3D Test (from Control Panel): 3D mode (of my 3DTV) correctly kicks in, but the image is 2D
Stereoscopic Player: 3D mode correctly kicks in, but the image is 2D
Corel WinDVD Pro 12: Crashes when attempted to play in 3D
Cyberlink PowerDVD 19: 3D mode correctly kicks in, but the image is 2D
DVDFab Player 6: Screen turns green and then it crashes
Kodi 18.5: 3D mode correctly kicks in, but the image is 2D
MPC-BE (with madvr all set up correctly): crashes
nVidia 3D Vision Player: crashes

I suspect that none of these apps will work until the 3D test works as expected, but I can't figure out how to do it.
Ashkaan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ashkaan »

Ok, after frantically making lots of changes and not remember what (sorry!), I have the following going on:

On 425.31, I can get 3D Blurays to work with several apps along with the test (phew!).

When I upgrade to 441.41, which I need for the latest 4k game titles to function as best as possible, (and apply the fix to enable 3D again), I get exactly what I posted earlier.

Can anyone get at least the 3D Vision Test to work with 441.41?
Porlonus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Porlonus »

Just because those are your only 4 posts and I don't know if you read others - the problems are nvidia's decision to discontinue 3D Vision support and Microsoft's Windows 10 1903 Update. You can either:

- Use the last driver supporting 3D Vision (425.31)
- Stay with Windows 1809 or earlier. (fine till at very most "May 12, 2020 - for most" and "May 11, 2021 - for Enterprise and Education" editions as MS supports that. That's 1 1/2 years from now for the enterprise ed. as I did choose.)
- Use any Windows 10 1903+ version with any 430.39+ driver - note: several additional steps required / least compatibility.
- You may act. revert back to win 7 (extended Support: 14.01.2020) / or Win 8.1 (ext. Sup.: 10.01.2023) and use the latest supported driver there. (regularly support has ended for both)
Ashkaan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ashkaan »

Ok, thank you. I think the 1903+ guide is the only one that applies to my situation.

To recap my situation: with Windows 1909 and 425.31 everything works fine except for new games that require a newer driver. When I upgrade my nVidia driver to the latest (and apply the 3D fix), 3D no longer works for Blu-rays.

I can't use 425.31 because I need the latest driver.
I can't stay with Windows 1809 because I need the latest version.
I can't revert to Windows 7 because I need the latest version.

If I find a solution, I'll come back and post.
Porlonus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Porlonus »

Ashkaan wrote:When I upgrade my nVidia driver to the latest (and apply the 3D fix), 3D no longer works for Blu-rays.
Yeah, sry. This is a known issue (check also that post). But there have been ppl. reporting no problems with movies and that mod. What software do you use? May the the tool NvTimingsEd or choosing a different usb port or cable (and no adapter/splitter/whatever !!) according to that post offers a solution. If not, at best continue the discussion there, as it applies for you too. In any way, a response if it did work would be nice.
Ashkaan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ashkaan »

Yep, I tried the hex edit with the latest drivers and it did not work meaning that it has the same behavior as if I didn't. The tool doesn't seem to apply to my circumstance because it's not a timing issue.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”