Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Post by stfparis17 »

DJ-RK wrote:
stfparis17 wrote:Hello DJ-RK did you receive my modest contribution via paypal from your email address?
rshannonca@gmail.com

Rgds

stfparis77
Yes I did. Thank you very much for that! Just in time for the Steam sale for me to look for new fixing projects. ;)

new total dlc Warhammer 2 arrives next week :)
thanks for your efforts to finally make it playable
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Played for a good while today, and for the most part was entirely flawless (and highly enjoyable)! I'm right at the final section of the game, so I'm going to finish the game off before I post the release build. As confident (and proud) as I am that this fix is near darn perfect, I don't want to risk putting up a fix just to have to one day later make a revision for something I haven't come across yet. Plus I'll be providing the shader cache that I've accumulated throughout my playthough as an optional download (or maybe I'll just include it right in the main fix) to try to eliminate as much hitching that occurs when regex is fixing shaders (I suffered through it so that hopefully you all won't have to! lol), so I'd like to have that be complete as well. In other words, give me another day just to dot my "i's" and cross my "t's" to make sure the final product is as polished as it should be.

One issue that has been elusive to resolve are enemy health lifebars. Sometimes they work properly for me, sometimes they don't. I'm not 100% certain, but I think they seem to work fine for me when I play on my Windows 7 partition and seem to be broken on Windows 10 (at least that's what made the difference today). I think it's a simple fix (think I need to disable scissor clipping), but haven't had a chance to try to apply it. Just wondering if people that have played this can chime in if they had issues with enemy NPC healthbars not displaying properly, and if so, please confirm what version of Windows you are running.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

edit: wrong subject :)
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

DJ-RK wrote:Played for a good while today, and for the most part was entirely flawless (and highly enjoyable)! I'm right at the final section of the game, so I'm going to finish the game off before I post the release build. As confident (and proud) as I am that this fix is near darn perfect, I don't want to risk putting up a fix just to have to one day later make a revision for something I haven't come across yet. Plus I'll be providing the shader cache that I've accumulated throughout my playthough as an optional download (or maybe I'll just include it right in the main fix) to try to eliminate as much hitching that occurs when regex is fixing shaders (I suffered through it so that hopefully you all won't have to! lol), so I'd like to have that be complete as well. In other words, give me another day just to dot my "i's" and cross my "t's" to make sure the final product is as polished as it should be.

One issue that has been elusive to resolve are enemy health lifebars. Sometimes they work properly for me, sometimes they don't. I'm not 100% certain, but I think they seem to work fine for me when I play on my Windows 7 partition and seem to be broken on Windows 10 (at least that's what made the difference today). I think it's a simple fix (think I need to disable scissor clipping), but haven't had a chance to try to apply it. Just wondering if people that have played this can chime in if they had issues with enemy NPC healthbars not displaying properly, and if so, please confirm what version of Windows you are running.
I am on W8.1 and have had no issue with the enemy health bars.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

DJ-RK wrote: Plus I'll be providing the shader cache that I've accumulated throughout my playthough as an optional download (or maybe I'll just include it right in the main fix) to try to eliminate as much hitching that occurs when regex is fixing shaders
DJ-RK that would be great. :woot I haven't started the game yet. You and Masterotaku always know how to benefit from latest functions of 3DMigoto software. You are constantly improving yourself. Especially for auto convergence in every project, thanks for your diligence, thanks again for all your efforts.
I'm playing Mortal Kombat these days. You've done a great job. I made some fix by myself for MK11 auto convergence. how much you love this work and meticulous to do, helped me to better realize.

ps: By the way, the latest version of MK11 3dfix you have prepared is 1.22, there is only a link to the nvidia forum. the latest version file does not exist on helixmod.blog.
Windows 10 Pro x64 (20H2) , i7 6700K 4.7GHz , DDR4 3000MHz 32GB, GTX 1660 Super , PG278Q , 3D Vision 2
My 3D Epic Screenshots I - II and Videos ----- GHOSTING Fix PG278Q ------- HITMAN-2 3D-FIX TOOLBOX
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

TimFx7 wrote:
DJ-RK wrote: Plus I'll be providing the shader cache that I've accumulated throughout my playthough as an optional download (or maybe I'll just include it right in the main fix) to try to eliminate as much hitching that occurs when regex is fixing shaders
DJ-RK that would be great. :woot I haven't started the game yet. You and Masterotaku always know how to benefit from latest functions of 3DMigoto software. You are constantly improving yourself. Especially for auto convergence in every project, thanks for your diligence, thanks again for all your efforts.
I'm playing Mortal Kombat these days. You've done a great job. I made some fix by myself for MK11 auto convergence. how much you love this work and meticulous to do, helped me to better realize.

ps: By the way, the latest version of MK11 3dfix you have prepared is 1.22, there is only a link to the nvidia forum. the latest version file does not exist on helixmod.blog.
Cheers mate. Actually yeah, MK11 was the last game that I attempted to implement autoconvergence for, before Trine 4, and had failed to do so. I thought that would be such an awesome feature to have kick in during the fatalities and fatal blows... so, if you'll believe it, I've been considering updating my MK11 fix to include it in the near future (probably right after I update my BL3 fix with some of my new regexes and UE4 techniques learned here on JFO). So you're saying you already managed to get that working based off of the work I've done recently? If so, very impressive! And yeah, I knew about the version discreptency, but forgot/was too lazy to update it. I'll try to remember to do a temporary update when I post my JFO fix to the blog, so thanks for reminding me.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Ok, so I've completed the game today, and the fix is 100% complete (and 98.9% perfect!). I'm going to bed now though, and will need a bit of time tomorrow to wrap up the package and get it posted to the blog. Reason I don't have it tonight is that I made some final changes to one of the primary regexes to eliminate a final conflict/discreptency between certain shaders, which means that I need to regenerate a bunch of shaders in the cache. So in other words I'll need to visit each location again, and the cache won't be entirely complete (might be missing some that are used in cutscenes, etc). I started up a new game on Jedi Grand Master difficulty, though, so what I plan to do is post up the fix tomorrow and as many cached shaders as I can, and will then continue playing this 2nd playthrough and hopefully be able to put up a more complete shader cache in a few days... although that's just a "nice to have" thing and not entirely necessary. I'm actually finding performance to be pretty great now that I'm running a fully optimized build of the fix, on my Win 7 drive, even as I'm playing through again to regenerate the cache. I haven't seen a single 5+ second long frame drop/hitching like I did pretty much during every cutscene in the first half of the game, so things are purring pretty good, and I'm constantly at awe at how great this game looks, especially when mostly chugging along at full 60FPS... at least that's what it looks/feels like. I haven't run any FPS measuring tools, but I almost feel like I don't need to. There are still drops here and there, and places like Bogano are pretty taxing, but a lot of the latter parts of the game are in more enclosed areas, so performance is great in those places.

Anyways, thanks for all your patience, which will soon be rewarded!
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

TimFx7 wrote:Especially for auto convergence in every project, thanks for your diligence, thanks again for all your efforts.
Autoconvergence seems better than when I use it with Life is strange. I kinda like it now !

Thanks again.
stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by stfparis17 »

DJ-RK wrote:Ok, so I've completed the game today, and the fix is 100% complete (and 98.9% perfect!). I'm going to bed now though, and will need a bit of time tomorrow to wrap up the package and get it posted to the blog. Reason I don't have it tonight is that I made some final changes to one of the primary regexes to eliminate a final conflict/discreptency between certain shaders, which means that I need to regenerate a bunch of shaders in the cache. So in other words I'll need to visit each location again, and the cache won't be entirely complete (might be missing some that are used in cutscenes, etc). I started up a new game on Jedi Grand Master difficulty, though, so what I plan to do is post up the fix tomorrow and as many cached shaders as I can, and will then continue playing this 2nd playthrough and hopefully be able to put up a more complete shader cache in a few days... although that's just a "nice to have" thing and not entirely necessary. I'm actually finding performance to be pretty great now that I'm running a fully optimized build of the fix, on my Win 7 drive, even as I'm playing through again to regenerate the cache. I haven't seen a single 5+ second long frame drop/hitching like I did pretty much during every cutscene in the first half of the game, so things are purring pretty good, and I'm constantly at awe at how great this game looks, especially when mostly chugging along at full 60FPS... at least that's what it looks/feels like. I haven't run any FPS measuring tools, but I almost feel like I don't need to. There are still drops here and there, and places like Bogano are pretty taxing, but a lot of the latter parts of the game are in more enclosed areas, so performance is great in those places.

Anyways, thanks for all your patience, which will soon be rewarded!

Your post exudes the passion to make the 3D experience always alive!
Thank you
Rubini
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Rubini »

DugomFirst wrote:
TimFx7 wrote:Especially for auto convergence in every project, thanks for your diligence, thanks again for all your efforts.
Autoconvergence seems better than when I use it with Life is strange. I kinda like it now !

Thanks again.
Hi DJ,

About autoconvergence again. I played a lot just paying attention to autoconvergence (waiting for the release :mrgreen: ). Its just working very well but if we had a way to not trigger the autoconvergence with small things like a dust or small foliage blowing in our direction could be a great refinement. Is this possible?

I recall that Tridef have this feature (but also recall that dont works very well).
Also perhaps a minimum time to trigger again the autoconvergence could be good.

Keep up the good work! Looking for the release!

Edited: Just to help you out, at Bogano´s surface we have a small blowing foliage triggering the autoconvergence all the time.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Ok guys, as promised, here is the release build of the fix posted up on the blog: http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/11/st ... order.html

I'd say more, like how content and satisfied I am with how this fix turned out, but I'm completely exhausted at this point. Really hope you guys enjoy and can appreciate this, as a lot of hard work went into everything related to this, and making it the best I possibly could. I always strive to make my fixes perfect, and I think I got as close as I'm ever gonna get to that here. Gonna sleep well tonight knowing it's finally, and completely done. :)

@Rubini: That's basically what the slow_convergence_threshold_near and slow_convergence_threshold_far values are for, to create a bit of a deadzone that doesn't trigger the auto-convergence. You may have dropped your settings too low. Try the default settings of my release build, because that mostly eliminates that type of judder, and then tailor it as you see fit.
Last edited by DJ-RK on Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Congratulations on the final fix, DJ-RK!
Thanks to your efforts and generosity our community will not miss out on one of the so rare great Star Wars experiences in gaming.

One question for people who have the game:
DJ-RK mentions that the dynamic resolution scaling must be off. Is there also a "static" resolution scaling, or any setting to mitigate 4K performance loss? Without this I will not be able to play the game, even with this great fix, so I'd like to know this in advance, to avoid buying the game down the line.
Especially people with the passive 4K LGs like mine, I would appreciate comments on how the performance is.
Thank you all
Obveron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Obveron »

Excellent work. So stoked to play! Are you still planning on uploading more shader cache?
costiq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by costiq »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Zappologist wrote:One question for people who have the game:
DJ-RK mentions that the dynamic resolution scaling must be off. Is there also a "static" resolution scaling, or any setting to mitigate 4K performance loss? Without this I will not be able to play the game, even with this great fix, so I'd like to know this in advance, to avoid buying the game down the line.
Especially people with the passive 4K LGs like mine, I would appreciate comments on how the performance is.
To be honest, I haven't even tried using dynamic resolution scaling myself, I just recall a couple people saying they had some issues and it wasn't until they played around with settings that it started working for them. For all I/we know, DRS might be working fine.

Obveron wrote:Excellent work. So stoked to play! Are you still planning on uploading more shader cache?
Yeah, probably in the next week or so. As it stands, I've already got over 5300 shaders cached. My previous cache was 6500, so I've already got about 80% of the shaders cached, which is quite a bit. Would probably be about 90-95% if they let me revisit the final area after you beat the game, but sadly they don't.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

DJ-RK wrote:Ok guys, as promised, here is the release build of the fix posted up on the blog: http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/11/st ... order.html

I'd say more, like how content and satisfied I am with how this fix turned out, but I'm completely exhausted at this point. Really hope you guys enjoy and can appreciate this, as a lot of hard work went into everything related to this, and making it the best I possibly could. I always strive to make my fixes perfect, and I think I got as close as I'm ever gonna get to that here. Gonna sleep well tonight knowing it's finally, and completely done. :)

@Rubini: That's basically what the slow_convergence_threshold_near and slow_convergence_threshold_far values are for, to create a bit of a deadzone that doesn't trigger the auto-convergence. You may have dropped your settings too low. Try the default settings of my release build, because that mostly eliminates that type of judder, and then tailor it as you see fit.
Thanks DJ-RK! Every day/game where we find the life of S3D extended is valued and appreciated... and Fallen Order is a HUGE win for our community at the end of what was a challenging year for our community.

A more tangible example of my appreciation has been sent! Thanks again! :D
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

I just want to clarify in my post before when I said "Really hope you guys... can appreciate this," I didn't mean to imply that I hope you all will thank me and send donations (although that IS appreciated, and thank you to those that have already), I just meant I hope that while playing people can appreciate the quality of the fix. Part of the problem of making a fix damn near flawless is that it makes it easy to not even notice it exists. When an effect is left broken, there's a constant reminder that you are playing a fix, and that us fixers aren't perfect and can't always fix everything (and, of course, we still appreciate what they are able to achieve). I'm just damn proud of the fact that I stuck it out, especially in those last few days, to polish this fix to the state it is in now. So if you are playing, enjoying the beauty of the scenery, and marvelling at how great the lights in an imperial base look reflecting off the floor, and/or constantly at awe at how great the 3D always looks whether you are zoomed out while climbing across a canyon or up close and personal with Cal as he's squirming through one of the many narrow crevasses in the game, and especially making the cutscenes always look nice and dramatic, and not once having your immersion broken from a broken effect, or not enough "3Dness," I hope that some of you will be able to take a moment to appreciate that... and then get back to enjoying the damn game! ;)
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Thanks alot, game seems to be running in windows 10 a bit better now and looks great. Amazing work. I sent you a little something in appreciation anyway. =)
Enjoy your rest, I'm sure you need it. It would be cool if you could revisit your MK 11 fix as you mentioned earlier in the thread at some point as it's a little broken here and there now. But hopefully, they have calmed down on the graphics changes since it's been out for a while.

Oh well, Another game to blow people away with that have not seen 3dvision before. =)

You are a legend, Dj-Rk
stfparis17
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by stfparis17 »

Necropants wrote:Thanks alot, game seems to be running in windows 10 a bit better now and looks great. Amazing work. I sent you a little something in appreciation anyway. =)
Enjoy your rest, I'm sure you need it. It would be cool if you could revisit your MK 11 fix as you mentioned earlier in the thread at some point as it's a little broken here and there now. But hopefully, they have calmed down on the graphics changes since it's been out for a while.

Oh well, Another game to blow people away with that have not seen 3dvision before. =)

You are a legend, Dj-Rk
Hello Necropants,

DJ-RK will attempt to make Total Warhammer 2 playable with these damn ground shadows that prevent us from playing the 3d vision experience

:geek:
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Necropants wrote:Thanks alot, game seems to be running in windows 10 a bit better now and looks great. Amazing work. I sent you a little something in appreciation anyway. =)

You are a legend, Dj-Rk
Thanks man, very much appreciated, both the donation and feedback on MK11. Don't think I'll be starting up any new fixing projects for the rest of the year, but I definitely plan on getting a few of my fixes up to par during this time. My list of upcoming projects, in order of priority are:
1) Get BL3 up to speed with my new UE4 fix learnings made while working on JFO
2) See if I can get TW: Warhammer 2 sorted
3) MK11 autoconvergence and any additional fixes needed
4) Update X-Com 2 WOTC with autoconvergence, since working with presets was a bit janky and unreliable
5) Maaaaaaybe get back to finishing my Ryse - Son of Rome fix refactoring.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Awesome.

It would be great if you can get to the bottom of that ground issue in TW:W2 but I have no expectations, it's a bit on the bizarre side after all.

I played around a bit with MK11 last night since Sindel got released. All of her shaders look fine, but there's some flickering light issues in general in the game now and I think the auto convergence stuff is pretty broke, I think the characters are fine it's just stage elements.
3D4DD
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3D4DD »

Excellent work, DJ-RK! And many many thanks! I'm very impressed how great the game looks in real 3D - even on middle/high settings. I'm glad that the fix also works if Your hardware doesn't allow to use epic settings ;)
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Wow! The improvement with regard to frame rate/hitching (W8.1) in the full release is outstanding and the auto-convergence is seamless (was just able to get back in the game after Thanksgiving festivities.)

Thanks again, DJ-RK!
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

Has anyone gotten HDR working in 30? With the fix installed it crashes as soon as I try to turn HDR on, or crashes if I have HDR set to on before I install the fix and try to launch the game. Same thing happened with Blair witch, so I’m worried it’s a UE4 issue. It’s a shame because HDR and 3-D is really an incredible combination.

Great job on the fix DJ-RK! Was not really interested in the game at first, but couldn’t resist checking it out in 3D on origin premier. :polarized
3D4DD
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3D4DD »

I had an issue with the screen becoming and remaining completely white/yellow after certain explosions or electric flashes - even in 2D with 3D Vision and 3D migoto disabled. The pause menu is not affected. Finally I discovered that the switched off AA is the reason. So if You have the same issue turn on AA (low or middle) to remove the white screen. You can turn off AA again afterwards.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

I've updated the fix to version 1.1

The additions to the original fix are:
-Now includes a full set of cached shaders for the entire game. Should eliminate any stutters that would occur from regex fixing shaders on the fly.
-Adjusted some values in the autoconvergence.ini to make the autoconvergence shader more stable and less twitchy, and also have a wider convergence range.

Download

This will be the final version for this fix.
I've been playing JFO through Origin Premier Access by making a one-month subscription, which will be ending on Dec 9th. Considering that every single effect is fixed via regex, I don't forsee there being any need for any updates down the line. At worst somehow an update could break the HUD shaders. I will eventually purchase the game to add to my collection, but considering I've completed the game twice (2nd on Grand Master Jedi difficulty) I don't forsee myself playing the game in it's entirety ever again, so I won't be in any rush (ie. wait for it to reach the ~75% off mark).

Anyways, just thought it's fair that I make that disclaimer that support will be limited going forward. If you're at all interested in this title, but are waiting for a sale, keep in mind that you can get to play this now for $15 USD through Origin Premier Access. At least that way you can play now, at a time where we know the fix works flawlessly (at least for me).

That's it. Enjoy!
Obveron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Obveron »

Awesome! Thanks so much!
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

DJ-RK wrote:Anyways, just thought it's fair that I make that disclaimer that support will be limited going forward. If you're at all interested in this title, but are waiting for a sale, keep in mind that you can get to play this now for $15 USD through Origin Premier Access. At least that way you can play now, at a time where we know the fix works flawlessly (at least for me).

That's it. Enjoy!
That's a great idea. I hate to give EA any money at all, but that seems like a great compromise to be able to play sooner.

Question for anyone who has this game and HelixVision- can you run it under HelixVision and let me know if it works or not?

Someone has asked on the HelixVision forums, and I won't be able to try this out in the near future.
Serzhas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Serzhas »

Hello everybody!
Just finished Death Stranding and decided to deep dive into Star Wars Fallen Order in glorious 3D (thanks to 3D Vision scene gurus!) However, I can't make 3D Vision work on my machine anymore. I'm running Windows 10 1909 update on a 1080 Ti GPU. No matter what I do - 3D Vision won't enable. I have tried 441.66, 441.20, 436.48 and 425.31 - neither work for different reasons:
- On a 441.66, 441.20, 436.48, 3D Vision driver won't install - generates an error about the controller version mismatch at the end. I've tried doing DDU, didn't help.
- The recommended 425.31 simply won't install on 1909 build of Windows 10 - says "NVIDIA Installer cannot continue. The Standard NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows.".
Does it mean that 3D Vision is dead for me? :|
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Ok, I think I know what your issue is, and more importantly the solution.

I believe that when you updated to 1909 you got a "DCH" version of a video driver installed by default. From what I can tell, DCH is new to Windows 10, and may have some benefits down the line, but for now it's not ideal for 3D and we still want a "standard" driver. The thing is, once you have a DCH driver installed, you can only install further DCH drivers on top of it. When attempting to install a standard driver on top of a DCH driver it will see a mismatch and prevent you from doing so.

So, now, for the solution. Thankfully, it's a simple matter of DDU, however you have to enable a specific setting in the options menu. Can't remember the exact wording, but essentially it is to "not download a new default driver on Windows startup". If you don't have that option set then even if you DDU, once you restart Windows the first thing it will do is download and install a generic DCH driver. If you have that option set, then after you DDU and restart then Windows will simply use a standard generic driver that Windows already has, and then it will allow you to install newer Nvidia standard drivers.

Actually, there are 2 possible solutions. The 2nd, of which, is that there is a DCH version of the 425.31 driver, so you could simply download that and install that and you should be ok.
Serzhas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Serzhas »

Man!!! Thank you SO MUCH for your support and everything you do for the 3D Vision community!!! :D
Merry 3D Christmas for everybody! :)

UPDATE: Windows keeps updating my driver to 432 :/ I've tried quite a few solutions on how to prevent it, but it keeps doing that after every reboot. Is there a working solution for Windows 10 Home edition? Thanks.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

First of all I need to congratulate you for the fix DJ-RK (and all those who contributed)! Results are breathtaking!

Unfortunately I have some issues with the auto-convergence! When I started with the game I wanted to go a liitle bit higher with the pop-outs so (according to the fix-instructions) I used my normal convergence +/- keys to set convergence to my liking.

But when I used my usual "save settings"-key the fix-writing in the bottom left of the screen told me that auto-convergence is now disabled (also it's giving me the current convergence value). So the key I normally use for saving my convergence settings now switches between auto-convergence enabled and disabled.

Also (and that is what really bothers me) when auto-convergence is enabled the convergence settings are now constantly switching between high and low convergence. This nearly happens every second which renders the game absolutely unplayable. The image constantly switches back and force between high and low convergence settings even when the character isn't moving. Currently I am on Bogano but the permanent auto-switching also happened before when I was on the train during the prologue.

It seems I messed something up (although I only used my usual convergence +/- keys and the key for save settings).

I would like to know

1. What I need to do to re-enable the correctly working auto-convergence?
2. What exactly do I have to do to go a little bit higher with convergence in case the auto-convergence settings are a little too low for my taste. Should I just set it and then NOT save it because it saves automatically? Did I get it right that I only have to crank up convergence in one scenario (like normal in-game scenario) and the auto-convergence will raise the convergence settings in every other scenario (like cut-scenes) accordingly?

Every help is appreciated!
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

You have the right idea. Try reinstalling the fix from scratch, set to your desired pop-out level and don't use the save settings button, it saves the setting automatically elsewhere and I'm not sure how using the save settings button interacts with it (I wouldn't really think it would have, unless you use the tilde ~ key for your save settings button, in which case it overlaps with the same key to enable/disable the autoconvergence feature). And yes, if you set the preferred amount of pop out on one scene should essentially have the same amount of popout on every scene... but keep in mind that pop out might be happening on other elements that's on the screen. So, let's say you set the desired amount of pop out during a section when Cal is crawling through a tight corridor, because of the way the camera zooms in makes him the closest thing to the camera, and you set that pop out bias based off of him... which is fine, but now when you get back to normal gameplay, the camera zooms out and he's not the closest thing to the camera (more like the ground that's right behind him, or maybe some other objects on the side of the screen, etc) and whatever is the closest thing is what the pop out bias will be setting/limiting the convergence to, so now Cal won't pop out as much during gameplay as he did during the crawling section. Vice versa for the opposite: set the pop out bias during gameplay and you might find the convergence is a tad too high during the crawling sections. We're not talking huge differences, but it's slightly less than ideal. You have given me an idea on what might be a solution, though... just not sure if it's possible, lol.

As for the judder, that should be *mostly* resolved by the settings I've set in the autoconvergence.ini file, but it's not perfect and you're welcome to try tweaking those further to your liking. There's some documentation from DSS in the file to give you an idea of what you might be doing by changing some of the settings. There was also some discussion earlier in this thread about it and there's some comments from another person who tried and provided some different settings that you might be interested in trying. If you find something that works more to your liking feel free to provide those settings in this thread for others to enjoy!
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Sorry for the late answer DJ!
Your fix was working the whole time! The problem was I was running around an area where your are constantly surrounded by those floating dust-like spores. So even when standing still the convergence was constantly switching (because of those spores)!
I am totally enjoying your fix and the game. Of course I set the convergence with "extreme convergence scenes" in mind. I ususally set my convergence with the biggest close-up scenes in mind. For Jedi Fallen Order this is easyily done as the lightsaber mod-bench seems to be the single most heavy close-up scene in game. Since it is a static one you can very comfortably set your convergence with this scene as a reference. So if you crank up the convergence and still are able to get a clear image of the lightsaber mod-bench you should be good to go for every other scene in the game!

Thanks again for your invaluable support!
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Finally got to play this epic game, played the intro 3 times just to drewl all over my keyboard :woot

Thank you so much for this exelent fix DJ-RK, it's obvious that that you've gone all the way with this one, it's just perfect in every manner WAUUUUU !!!!!

And the game it self is also great, it runs smooth with all settings on epic, on my 4790K + 2080TI
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Interesting feedback Blacksmith. I basically run the same setup as you overclocked to 4.8ghz with the game on an SSD and my experience is far from smooth. 30fps if I am lucky in most areas
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

I'm in the wookie planet and the game is amazing in 3d, really feels like an official 3d patch, not a single issue, and 3d is always perfect with auto convergence. Still I agree with Necropants, my rig can't keep up with the game and I'm at 30-40 fps at best, but some areas really get you in the 20s, good to see that 2080ti really gives a solid boost for you here compared to my good old 1080ti.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Might just be a case of expectations. I know some people around here are much more tolerant with lower frames. Personally I can barely bare to play anything under 60fps especially with the increased input lag and such you get at lower settings. One of the big reasons why I will not go to 4k, Hell sometimes I even regret upgrading to 1440p
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

I, personally, had a fairly smooth experience overall. It certainly isn't a locked 60 FPS, but I was actually pleased to find a lot of the time I was hitting 60 FPS during normal gameplay, and the fluidity (in combination with the 3D effect) when it happens is amazing! Certain planets are better/worse than others. Bogano takes a huge FPS hit (likely due to all the fog), while Dathomir is pretty much heaven throughout (except for the harder enemies). I feel like I was hitting 60 FPS (or at least high 50's, enough to feel like 60) almost 40-50% of the time, and the only time it would become really noticeably low was in the wide-open areas of Bogano.

Also, thanks for the positive feedback Blacksmith and Skyrimer. Been a rough start to the year (for many reasons!), and been busy back at work, so is nice to come back and find people still enjoying my work and helps me feel like the 4 months I was off work (and able to work on recent fixes) was a productive use of my time. Cheers!
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Well I have discovered that moving the game to a faster HDD helped A LOT. I had some stuttering here and there, but now it's quite smooth. Huge thanks to you DJ RK for this amazing fix, it's the kind of fix that makes you wonder how people play games in 2d since it's mindblowing in 3D all the way through, 2D just doesn't cut it any more for me.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”