A list with all 3D Fixes and the Engine being used

Porlonus
One Eyed Hopeful

A list with all 3D Fixes and the Engine being used

Post by Porlonus »

I would be interested in some sort of list that does provide the following information:

- Game name
- Engine behind
- Date of fix to know which is the newest as prob. best bet to try

Sortable by any of the 3 inputs (may also filter), in a very short format, (maybe - not necessary link to that fix).

Reason behind: I sometimes find myself in a new game I want to try, that use some engine quite common like unity, and can't either remember which game also had that and worked, or didn't play quite some games that may had that engine, or whatever. I simply want to try fixes for games using the same engine. Now i could go through helixmod, browse through that VERY bloated page or use the (limited!) feed, and search on the engine on those games - in general - i don't know the engine of (but seems likely to be the same - at least some you can simply exclude). But I think we can do better. Is there something available I yet just dont know of?

If not - my ideas on that:
- I hope at least using the helixmod db it should be possible to get a list of the name and the date.
- I once saw a list with engines + the games that do use them. Can't find it is a quick search besides f.e. this (or other way round this + each "List of XXX engine games"), but of course i don't know if it's still up2date. So this might be bit of work.
- Lets assume we have all that - mixing it up in some excel, regex, .... whatever calculation and put it on a server shouldn't be that much an effort.

So .... ideas? What do you know does exist? What do you even think of such a list?
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: A list with all 3D Fixes and the Engine being used

Post by bo3bber »

What you want is the 3D Fix Manager instead. Top left corner of HelixModBlog for download.

This dramatically simplifies the installation and use of HelixMods. And will also give you everything you are looking for here.

For example, you can filter the game list to just DX9 fixes, or just 3Dmigoto fixes. For any given game you want to look at the HelixMod, you can double click the profile, and will bring up the info for that fix, including the API used and some other details, like file paths, and install and .ini directories. And also the game engine being used.

If you don't want to use the UI, you can also find this all in the .ini files for the various fixes, all of which come with the 3DFM in the Fixes folder.

Pretty sure this will do everything you want.
Porlonus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Porlonus »

I don't think so, as i am using the 3DFix Manager. Maybe not all fuctions, but let me say it that way ... unity universal fix never did help in any game i did try but some fixes for some unity games did help with other games too. And yeah, I even did compare the .ini file in 2 cases and those settings have been the same.
Last edited by Porlonus on Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Porlonus wrote:I don't think so, as i am using the 3DFix Manager. Maybe not all fuctions, but let me say it that way ... unity universal fix never did help in any game i did try but some fixes for some unity games did help with other games too. And yeah, I even did compare the .ini file in 2 cases and those settings have been the same.
Well, I might not be understanding the question, but every piece of information you asked about in the OP is already found in 3DFM as part of its database.
ToThePoint
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ToThePoint »

@ porlonus If you take a look at the GameGrade3D database via the MTBS3D's main web page, I'd imagine that that might be exactly what you have in mind. If you swapped some of your own preferred parameters with what's there at the moment, that might be right up your street. The database certainly looks like it hasn't seen any action for quite sometime, so in theory it seems like it's going spare right now. However, it's Neil Schneider's domain of course, so naturally he'd be the one to approach and ask as to whether or not he'd be open to the possibility of your good self re-furbishing it completely and then maintaining it on an indefinite basis, if that's what you'd be willing to commit to. Saying that, Neil would probably have to set a up a re-jigged database himself, but I'd imagine he'll need a sufficient amount of personal incentive in order to do so.

I think that an ongoing relationship between Neil and the gathering 3D Vision community on here would probably have to be worked on and established over time, if that possibility were to ever materialize. Prior to that, you'd probably need to ask the community as a whole as to whether or not they'd actually use it as a source of reference, otherwise you'd be wasting your time even if you did get your idea up and running.

If you feel strongly enough about your idea, try and get in touch with Neil if you can, and then let us know if you get a response from him and we can then see how things go from there.
Intel Core i7 6850k @ 3.6 Ghz (Liquid Cooled: Corsair Hydro H115i), 2x GTX 1080 Ti, HB SLI @ x16x16 (Air Cooled), GTX 1060 Dedicated PhysX, 32Gb RAM Kingston Predator
Asus X-99 Deluxe II Motherboard, Corsair Obsidian 1000D Super Tower, Win7 Pro (442.19), Win8.1 (441.66), Ubuntu, Rog Swift PG27VQ 3D (1440p), HTC Vive
Porlonus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Porlonus »

bo3bber wrote:Well, I might not be understanding the question, but every piece of information you asked about in the OP is already found in 3DFM as part of its database.
Ah, you ment the database, not the tool itself in use. Yeah, might be good way. Just 1 thing I forgott: especially with unity you'd also need the engine version. :-/

@ToThePoint might be a way to distribute/add infos to a list for sure. Well, besides new content the options to input would require an update too (like it doesn't even know win10).

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”