Where to find ANY info on Perception v3?

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
NextWorldVR
One Eyed Hopeful

Where to find ANY info on Perception v3?

Post by NextWorldVR »

I cannot figure out how to even get started! The manual that comes with the Perception v3 download says:

"Perception_v3.exe" is Vireio Perception v3, this is not described here !!"

Great, that is a lot of help to include wit the download LOL LOL LOL !!!!~!~!!!!!!!

I am just so frustrated here, Unbelievable how hard this is to break into, a year later I still don't know what MTBS stands for or whether they Make perception or? MUCH LESS how to use it. I have Oculus Rift and Samsung Odyssey. I prefer Odyssey at this time. The only guides I can find, like on Toms Hardware, refer to entire EXE programs that are NOT IN THE ZIP FILE for Percepion V3... ??? WHat a mess trying to break into understandig here, most frustrating I ever dealt with..

I just want to try the tihng on a couple simple games PLEASE GIVE ME SOME CLEAR INFO HOW TO RUN THIS THING?? FOR STARTERS WHICH OF THE 7 EXE FILES TO START WITH? THE 64 BIT? Where ias there any UPDATED INFO? This is my first download and none of teh info out there is reecent!! It all leads you down wrong path!! PLEASE HELP!! I don't want to have to buy VORPX for the 30 minutes a year of gaming I do!
ELK
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Where to find ANY info on Perception v3?

Post by ELK »

It's a zip file. LOL. You are the first person I have ever seen not figure out how to unzip a file. Most downloads are compressed into zip/rar formats to make them smaller, thus they download quicker, and also keeps folders intact so you just upload 1 file instead of a bunch with instructions on how to make new folders, what to name them, where to put each file.

Download & install 7zip. Restart your computer. Right click the file you downloaded (perception_2016_09_18_v4_alpha_release_3.zip although it may not say .zip on the end), mouse over 7-Zip to expand, and then choose one of the 3 Extract options. Then open the folder Perception then the folder bin.

Good luck. I have little hope.

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”