Oculus Rift DK2 - Perception 2.1.6 - HMD Not Detected

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Bluethulhu
One Eyed Hopeful

Oculus Rift DK2 - Perception 2.1.6 - HMD Not Detected

Post by Bluethulhu »

Hello all,

I am having an issue with playing several games on my setup, and have not been able to find any other threads regarding this issue. The problem is that I am able to launch Perception 2.1.6, inject the games with the proper DLLs using the included executable, and have the games render in stereoscopic 3D, however, a red message appears over the game stating "NO HMD DETECTED". An important detail to note is that the game will not appear on the HMD - I am able to view this message only either on my monitor mirroring the game, or in SteamVR Theater mode (which mirrors the game to the headset similar to a projector on a flat wall).

My setup consists of an Oculus Rift DK2, and a PC running Windows 10 x64, the standard Oculus software (such as what is required for the CV1), and a single GTX 980. I have tested this with Borderlands and Bioshock.

I am able to reproduce this issue with the following steps:

Scenario A:
1. Launch Steam as administrator
2. Launch Vireio Perception (Perception.exe) as administrator
3. Launch game
4. HMD shows black screen, orange light; main monitor shows game rendered in stereoscopic 3D with "NO HMD DETECTED" error message

Scenario B:
2. Launch SteamVR by clicking VR icon in top right of Steam client
3. Launch Vireo Perceptoin (Perception.exe) as administrator
4. Game launches in SteamVR Theater in headset (NOT rendering to the HMD, instead rendering to monitor); both HMD and monitor show "NO HMD DETECTED"

Thanks for any help
NextWorldVR
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Oculus Rift DK2 - Perception 2.1.6 - HMD Not Detected

Post by NextWorldVR »

Bluethulhu wrote:Hello all,

I am having an issue with playing several games on my setup, and have not been able to find any other threads regarding this issue. The problem is that I am able to launch Perception 2.1.6, inject the games with the proper DLLs using the included executable, and have the games render in stereoscopic 3D, however, a red message appears over the game stating "NO HMD DETECTED". An important detail to note is that the game will not appear on the HMD - I am able to view this message only either on my monitor mirroring the game, or in SteamVR Theater mode (which mirrors the game to the headset similar to a projector on a flat wall).

My setup consists of an Oculus Rift DK2, and a PC running Windows 10 x64, the standard Oculus software (such as what is required for the CV1), and a single GTX 980. I have tested this with Borderlands and Bioshock.

I am able to reproduce this issue with the following steps:

Scenario A:
2. Launch Vireio Perception (Perception.exe) as administrator
3. Launch game
4. HMD shows black screen, orange light; main monitor shows game rendered in stereoscopic 3D with "NO HMD DETECTED" error message

Scenario B:
2. Launch SteamVR by clicking VR icon in top right of Steam client
3. Launch Vireo Perceptoin (Perception.exe) as administrator
4. Game launches in SteamVR Theater in headset (NOT rendering to the HMD, instead rendering to monitor); both HMD and monitor show "NO HMD DETECTED"

Thanks for any help

DISABLE STEAM VR THEATER!

Return to “Development / General Discussion”