the Begining

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
HARE
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: the Begining

Post by HARE »

ty for clarification. I believe then they are in extended mode with the primary display, but cloned to each other.

I am untrained in this. I step thru problems 1 at a time. Have an issue, find answer, next. I get it done but not so efficient as I should.
I am aware of several osvr repositories but I do not as of yet know how to use them, as in what software they run in. Still stepping....

I am still waiting on the track imu unit to show, then maybe I can start testing for real. I am dying to set the displays in the optimal positions to get stereo effects and really see how clear the game is under these lensing I chose.
I have been looking at hdmi splitters as well. A gent on a tridef thread suggested a splitter to keep the displays synced better in cloned mode. I think I will prolly settle on a displayport mst 1x2 unit, then use the displayport to hdmi dongles. In future I could upgrade to displayport controllers so ..........................................then I need a sxs converter to work. I do not think tridef an option anymore, or perception, or riftcat.....

HNY
HARE
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by HARE »

holy cow,
began playing with reshade and superdepth, very prelim. I just might be able to do this entirely with reshade. Got the game AH, in SxS on my hdtv. Now worse comes to worse, I'm making 1, 806 the primary monitor and cloning the other to it. Headtracking makes the view usable under lens and then I can see if I bested the RIFT at what I consider to be the most basic requirement baring all else, visual CLARITY. I have/had no illusions however, and lets face it, there are things the rift does that I cannot touch.

Its always been about clarity, it will always be about clarity, anything after that is gravy.
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

HARE wrote:holy cow,
Please don't eat beef (Cow meat) if you consider cow holy... ;)
Be vegetarian ... Support PeTA
HARE
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by HARE »

me human, human omnivores, we eat everything

:twisted:
HARE
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by HARE »

HARE wrote:holy cow,
began playing with reshade and superdepth, very prelim. I just might be able to do this entirely with reshade. Got the game AH, in SxS on my hdtv. Now worse comes to worse, I'm making 1, 806 the primary monitor and cloning the other to it. Headtracking makes the view usable under lens and then I can see if I bested the RIFT at what I consider to be the most basic requirement baring all else, visual CLARITY. I have/had no illusions however, and lets face it, there are things the rift does that I cannot touch.

Its always been about clarity, it will always be about clarity, anything after that is gravy.

might have spoke to soon, breaking off my arm with the atta boy. Been loading up on OSVR....
HARE
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by HARE »

A pic thru a lens of AH.

TriDef 3D
Reshade

TrackIMU, unsatisfactory!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

Pixel density is really good .. lot of blur other then centre 15/20% area made me wonder, we really need revolution in optics too.
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

Intresting display module came to my notice.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HDMI-to ... 5a9ecb8c3c

2.89 Inch is IMO best size for each eye 1440p resolution so i think this display brings intersing 705 Ppi (Really good, Since Galaxy S7 has only 576, Oculus Rift PPI 461 only)

https://www.omnicalculator.com/other/pixels-per-inch

Also if you have GPU of 1070 Class rendering 1440P per eye is good point to strech your hardware upto.

Sadly for HARE i am late to point out them, for any other DIYers lurk here.. this one is bright contender.
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

May be some one else will.
HARE
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by HARE »

Dilip wrote:Intresting display module came to my notice.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HDMI-to ... 5a9ecb8c3c

2.89 Inch is IMO best size for each eye 1440p resolution so i think this display brings intersing 705 Ppi (Really good, Since Galaxy S7 has only 576, Oculus Rift PPI 461 only)

https://www.omnicalculator.com/other/pixels-per-inch

Also if you have GPU of 1070 Class rendering 1440P per eye is good point to strech your hardware upto.

Sadly for HARE i am late to point out them, for any other DIYers lurk here.. this one is bright contender.

Actually I was aware of the wiseco option. However, its about pixel density! The 806 ppi is really the beginning level for useful HMD use. It is as of now the highest available ppi display. Samsung suppose to do 847???

As far as some blurriness, your right, but I still need to adjust the lens to display distance. Then an adjust of the lens angle to each other, not in the same plane. I need to place the displays exactly to achieve the best stereovision. Then a tweak the software for proper use. And finally, remove the plastic protection film.

I got caught up with the TrackIMU, hours wasted. Need a different solution I think. And I got a 2 lines of missing pixel colors right thru the lensed portion of screen. Gonna have to replace it for actual game use. So been with supplier because I did not damage the screen, something about the game and 1 particular screen. The pic is the good one.
very frustrating.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”