Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
zombierevel
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by zombierevel »

Just a little help for the people who want to try skyrim.

I also tried with the new version but couldnt get a good experience. My recomendation is trying a previous version (vireio-perception-2-1-6) with a previous runtime. Since is a real pain to switch between the runtimes I found that somebody got to do a program for this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comment ... 07_and_05/

You just have to follow the instructions and move some files. With this you can switch between runtimes and use the old version of vireio perception to play some games.
PitterPatter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by PitterPatter »

Issue: NPC in view, drops to 20fps, even with all shaders disabled.
Performance is smooth (40fps+, 75fps) with everything except NPCs, where it drops to 20fps.
Configuration: i7@4.8GHz, GTX970. Vanilla, with SKSE and Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Patch.

I believe there's something going on for NPCs that's unique as with all shaders off the performance only changes ~3fps, however as soon as an NPC is outside the view the performance goes from 20fps to 45+fps. In-game I've turned off tries, scripting, AI, combat AI with no changes. Looks like some type of calculation on the NPC outside of the game engine and shaders is causing the performance drop.

Adding NPCs does not cause a difference up until 30+, however can get up to 100+ only losing ~8fps. This is what's odd as it doesn't seem to be a CPU or GPU limit as adding NPCs would cause a change.

Any ideas?
Nerfling
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Nerfling »

Hello,

I succesfully installed Vireio Perception 2.1.6 to play skyrim, I get no crashes but wanted to alter the settings.

whenever I go into any setting and alter it, GUI depth or scale for example I see it the GUI change as long as I hold the left or right arrow key, however when I release it the setting reverts to it's previous state, the value of the setting seems to be saved somewhere, but if I e.g. zoom in the GUI I can only see it changing as long as the left or right arrow is held, once I release it, the GUI's zoom is back to default.

I removed "read-only" from the whole folder + subfolders and all files inside the Perception folder because I thought the settings weren't saved properly, but they are.

Any help or tips are appreciated :)

Thanks,
Nerfling.
geordiejc
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by geordiejc »

Hello,

I have a HTC VIVE and have downloaded Vireio Perception (v2.1.6, v3.0.1 and v4) - i now understand that v4 is dx11 games only.

I have tweaked my ini files as per the manual, ran perception.exe as admin, then loaded skyrim - it just crashes.

What am i doing wrong?

If i can get this working i'll donate £30 to the this project rather than buying alternative vr software.

any help appreicated!
Nerfling
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Nerfling »

geordiejc,

Just to be sure, did you copy the dll's to the game directory? :)

Thanks,
hopefully I can help you out :)
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi !

@geordiejc : There is no HTC Vive support in v2-v3, v4 supports the Vive (OpenVR) and is currently DX11 games only. BUT we are close to finish DX9 support now for v4 and then Skyrim is our high-priority game again, both the standard version and the "Special Edition"

@Nerfling : Sorry, we do not work on v2-v3 driver architecture any more so i cannot say what causes your settings issues.

Regards, Denis
geordiejc
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by geordiejc »

Thanks for the reply, i'll wait and see what you guys come up with :woot
Justice
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Justice »

Hi all, hope to be visiting this place a lot more now that I picked up a Rift.

In regards to Skyrim SE, since it is DX11, would the statement : "....BUT we are close to finish DX9 support now for v4 and then Skyrim is our high-priority game again, both the standard version and the "Special Edition"" be more accurate if it clarified that Skyrim SE is already compatible but needs some tweaking?

I am curious about whether it's more than likely to be within the next few months as I am very interested in going back and playing non VR games with VR support. Of that list, I'll be checking out Fallout 4 and some others, though wonder if I should try and use TriDef or Vorpx as well?

Skyrim SE seems like it would be the number one game, and therefore is my benchmark for how plausible this is going to be.

Thank you
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi Justice !

For Vireio v4 we need to create game specific profiles since the new architecture gives more versatile and flexible options here. And since we did not create any "Skyrim SE" profile the driver is NOT compatible with the game for now.

It can maybe (not tested) be played in "Mono Cinema" mode but not more for now.

We still have issues for both DX9 AND DX11 so we cannot say wether any game is compatible now or not. BUT we get closer to finish up here, promised. Unfortunately christmas rush in my job gives me less time for the driver but we still proceed.

The Fallout 4 profile crashes since the last update from Bethesda, so this is also a new issue.

Regards, Denis
Justice
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Justice »

Hi Eisern thank you.

I have not updated Fallout 4 in a while - it may work. How does the failure manifest itself - a simple crash to desktop or any specific errors that would indicate to me it's the Rift?
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

Since the latest update from Bethesda Fallout 4 crashes straight after game start using the OpenVR game profile. Do not know wether the Oculus profile crashes or not.
Forux
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Forux »

Hello,

It is an ultimate thing you working on!

Can you help me fix a problem with it?

Both perception 2 and 3 the latest versions crashes when Skyrim 1.9.32 starts on Windows 10 x64 .

I have attached traces, and I use Oculus DK2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Forux
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Forux »

It start work when i rollback to old oculus runtime (0.8b) but in it there is no true VR, i see only flying monitor... there is any way to play in true VR?

Return to “Game Support”