Looking to Learn and Possibly Help

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
ElCodeMonkey
One Eyed Hopeful

Looking to Learn and Possibly Help

Post by ElCodeMonkey »

Howdy. I have a degree in Computer Science (currently working on embedded software for transmissions) and I am becoming quite the VR enthusiast with my HTC Vive. I'm interested in learning more about the development process and how I might become a part of it as a volunteer. I see where the code is kept and it is certainly one way to learn by diving in line by line and hoping to eventually catch on, but is there another means by which I could be caught up to speed? Is there any documentation explaining things or a person who could mentor me into usefulness?

I'm also interested in a quick clarification. If I understand, version 4.x is the only one that supports the Vive and it is currently only supporting Fallout 4, right? So I need not bother with 3.x since I do not have an Oculus?

Thanks!
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Looking to Learn and Possibly Help

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi ElCodeMonkey !

1) Vireio v4 Alpha 3 will be released soon. This will be the last Alpha version, for autumn we plan the eventual release of Vireio v4. With this release in autumn we will also release the tool to create game profiles for Vireio. This tool is called "Aquilinus - 3D Modification Studio". It is node-based and each part of Vireio is a plugin node to the runtime environment of Aquilinus. We do not want to release it until we find time to make detailed documentation and a tutorial.

2) If you'd like to get included in the current development process please write me a PM !

3) Yes, v4 is the only version that supports Vive. And v3 does not even support Oculus CV1, only DK1/2. For Alpha 3 we now have big improvements for Vive and for game support !

Kind Regards, Denis

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”