IZ3D & shutter glasses - is ti possible to work?

gesaugen
One Eyed Hopeful

IZ3D & shutter glasses - is ti possible to work?

Post by gesaugen »

Hi
While surfing this forum I saw that some peole mention IZ3D driver with shutter glasses, but no one explains how those two can work together.

I have E-Dimensional wired glasses and I've just installed 1.09 b2 drivers. After selectiong "shutter" in driver's DirectX stereo options, I've went to "help" to see "Dynamic test" and it shows flickering IZ3D image, but my glasses won't start!
I've tryed woth ED Activator if glasses work and glasses start with it, but IZ3D driver doesn't trigger anything...

Also, IZ3D driver doesn't even start flickering when I enter any 3D game, where I had 3D effect while I was on nVidia driver...

So, only thing that works is Dynamic test in iz3d console...

can anyone help me to start this?
chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: IZ3D & shutter glasses - is ti possible to work?

Post by chrisjarram »

gesaugen wrote:Hi
While surfing this forum I saw that some peole mention IZ3D driver with shutter glasses, but no one explains how those two can work together.

I have E-Dimensional wired glasses and I've just installed 1.09 b2 drivers. After selectiong "shutter" in driver's DirectX stereo options, I've went to "help" to see "Dynamic test" and it shows flickering IZ3D image, but my glasses won't start!
I've tryed woth ED Activator if glasses work and glasses start with it, but IZ3D driver doesn't trigger anything...

Also, IZ3D driver doesn't even start flickering when I enter any 3D game, where I had 3D effect while I was on nVidia driver...

So, only thing that works is Dynamic test in iz3d console...

can anyone help me to start this?
You need to search the forums here more ;) This is a long running thing. No, they dont work properly with shutter glasses at this time - this is still experiemental and there are sync issues. There is a proposed solution at the moment which will require the purchase of a Stereographics StereoEnabler to get this working, but you'll need a fast computer that can output FPS at least equivalent to the refresh (e.g. 85hz) you want to use, otherwise you will get flicker.

Your glasses wont start by simply enabling shutter mode in the iz3d driver, they don't work that way. All the iz3d shutter mode does is send alternating images to the graphics card, thats it.. it doesnt enable a DDC square wave on the output pin required by the edimensional dongle. If you want to made your glasses flicker automatically, use 'ed-activator.exe' and 'enable stereo' in pageflip mode. Then run a game with iz3d running in simple shutter output mode. You will see 3d with your shutters, but the eyes will frequently swap.. this is what the stereo enabler will fix - the marking for this is due in the next release which should be available anytime now, but the stereo enabler will cost you $89 plus shipping.
XFX GTX 280 XXX,BFG 7900GTX,Q6600,4gbXMS2,3TB RAID,2xWD Raptors,MountainMods U2-UFO Case,1KW Thermaltake PSU, 3x BenQ MP720p,Full active sim setup inc actuators,shakers,wind,THX sound.CrystalEyes 3,6 wireless ED w/ hipower emitter.
rmcclelland

Post by rmcclelland »

I would say the exception to this is using the iZ3D drivers with a DLP HDTV. My old edimensional glasses work perfectly with the iZ3D drivers and my Samsung DLP. Maybe it is the TV that is syncing the shutterglass signal leading to better functionality.

Thanks,
Ryan
rmcclelland

Post by rmcclelland »

I would say the exception to this is using the iZ3D drivers with a DLP HDTV. My old edimensional glasses work perfectly with the iZ3D drivers and my Samsung DLP. Maybe it is the TV that is syncing the shutterglass signal leading to better functionality.

Thanks,
Ryan
CarlKenner

Post by CarlKenner »

Do the eDimensional glasses support line-blanking? That means they force every second line on your monitor to go black, the odd lines on the odd frames and the even lines on the even frames. That way you just use line interlaced stereoscopic mode instead of shutter glasses mode. There are no sync issues that way. I'm guessing you need to use the activator program to put the glasses in interlaced mode, and the iZ3D driver menu to choose interlaced.

A 3D DLP TV does a similar thing, except it uses a checkerboard pattern.

Either way, you are losing half your resolution, but you are gaining flicker-free stereo.
Copy this code to clipboard: 0o1rp5zk then go to http://mtbs3d.com/naw to register. Use the code for $5000 startup bonus, and to support Gaza.
gesaugen
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gesaugen »

So, it is a problem to set up a shutter glasses stereo with iz3d...

well, thanks for help!

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”