Stanley parabel - again - no luck with Vireio... so sad

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
thehassle
One Eyed Hopeful

Stanley parabel - again - no luck with Vireio... so sad

Post by thehassle »

Hi Guys
tried to play Stanley Parable on Oculus Rift DK2, but it doesnt work! I injected the Symbolic Links via "VireioDLLInstaller" and start the perecetion Exe as Admin. But the Game is only presented in normal 2D Mode, always on my Main LCD Screen. Why?

System: Win7 x64, nvidia 660Ti
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Stanley parabel - again - no luck with Vireio... so sad

Post by DrBeef »

Could you run TraceSpy and get a debug log and paste it below please?, that might help us figure out what the issue is. Hopefully it is something straightforward.
thehassle
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by thehassle »

Oh wow... dont know how to use it.. :roll: Looks like, i have to buy this ugly VorpX poop... mad :-(
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Woah.. don't worry, it's really not complicated. Download and run it, and then in the top corner you'll see "Start Capture".

Then just run the game in the same way you were doing previously. When you come out of the game you;ll see a load of stuff in the trace spy window, click "Stop Capture".

Select all the rows (you'll probably need to scroll to the top then use shift+click after scrolling to the bottom). Then press CTRL+SHIFT+C to copy all the info (CTRL+C won't get it all).

Then just paste it here.
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

thehassle, He is trying to help you ..... help him help you....

It might be worth giving him a link to the download

Vorpx is no where near worth paying for as I found out the hard way. these drivers are the best injection drivers

Vireio is great ...a little bit of tinkering and you will be golden
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Thanks Ghettocat!, once again your comments are very much appreciated

thehassle, The link to the trace spy download: https://tracespy.codeplex.com/

It is simplicity itself, it really is, and it should give some insight into why Vireio isn't injecting.
ZantarV
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZantarV »

Figured I'd repost this here as it seems the appropriate forum:

So I just installed Vireio 2.1.6 and have been trying to get The Stanley Parable working for about three hours now and it's driving me insane. Everything seems to work fine for the most part, but pitch and yaw are not. I've tried with Oculus Runtime on and off, displaying on the Rift and monitor, logged out, rebooted, tried it at at 1920x1080 and 1280x800 (I'm using a DK1) and I've started the game up literally almost a hundred times.

Most frustratingly, I did actually get the pitch and yaw to work, twice, but was unable to replicate it even by repeating the exact steps (as well as I recall). On both occasions, although the pitch and yaw were working, the convergence was way off (which I suspected may have been due to the DK1 having a different aspect ratio).

EDIT: Make that three times I've gotten it to work. I thought I had made a breakthrough when I got the pitch and yaw working immediately after turning off the Oculus Runtime but again repeating the exact same steps I am left with a different result.

This makes unsense.

Return to “Game Support”