PS Move as emulated standard gamepad

Discuss stereoscopic 3D games and gaming technologies for console (e.g. XBOX, PS3)
konstantin_lozev
Cross Eyed!

PS Move as emulated standard gamepad

Post by konstantin_lozev »

Hello everyone,
I have played a bit with the wiimote and was able to make a stable and quite functional mouse replacement implementation for PC FPSs with the GlovePIE and a "hybrid" script. This means that it is a good proof of concept that "standard" FPSs can be controlled with a "some-sort-of-pointing-device" approach.
I posses also a MAG II gun controller that emulates (not very successfully, but mainly due to a poor implementation/hardware) a standard PS3 gamepad compatible with all FPSs.
My question then comes naturally - why can't the PS Move be used as a replacement of PS3 gamepads through a middleware like GlovePIE or a hardware implementation like MAG II.
Well, the simple answer is obvious - Sony do not want you tinkering either with their PS3 control scheme or hardware. I think there is light on the horizon though - it seems that Sony is opening up a bit the PS Move through the Move.me on one side and is willing to "revive" the PS Move with the Project Morpheus on the other.
So, the real questions is then: Do you think there is a chance that Sony will implement emulation of a PS3/4 Controller with a PS Move? Or would any of the Playstation devs have that brilliant idea of such middleware?
I hope there will be something coming and this will not be another missed opportunity for the PS Move.
mayaman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: PS Move as emulated standard gamepad

Post by mayaman »

Seems the forum is dead. :(

Project Morpheus people! :)

Return to “3D Console Gaming”