DIY DK1 NEEDS HELP

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
DAWKY
One Eyed Hopeful

DIY DK1 NEEDS HELP

Post by DAWKY »

Hello everyone, my names Dawson.

i've been trying out different ways to make a virtual reality headset.

I have come across a page selling both a tracker and lcd driver with the oculus dk1 firmware already on it.

now i have two problems i hope you can help we with.

1. The screen is white. the seller has told me this could be a power supply problem? i have tried different power supplies and ive had no luck, maybe i dont have the right one? i had the same board without the oculus firmware and it worked fine with my power supplies?

2. The 3dof tracker is going haywire, it thinks that the orientation is upside down? and it also has some drift aswell?

i hope someone can help me with this as i have read a few threads here with similar set ups. ( im only new to IT )

here is some pictures of the headset i am using. The case is a colorcross and the screen is a 7 inch 1280x800

will1384
Cross Eyed!

Re: DIY DK1 NEEDS HELP

Post by will1384 »

DAWKY wrote:Hello everyone, my names Dawson.

i've been trying out different ways to make a virtual reality headset.

I have come across a page selling both a tracker and lcd driver with the oculus dk1 firmware already on it.

now i have two problems i hope you can help we with.

1. The screen is white. the seller has told me this could be a power supply problem? i have tried different power supplies and ive had no luck, maybe i dont have the right one? i had the same board without the oculus firmware and it worked fine with my power supplies?

2. The 3dof tracker is going haywire, it thinks that the orientation is upside down? and it also has some drift aswell?

i hope someone can help me with this as i have read a few threads here with similar set ups. ( im only new to IT )

here is some pictures of the headset i am using. The case is a colorcross and the screen is a 7 inch 1280x800
Try a 12v 1 or 2 amp power supply, center is positive, the white screen may be due to the "flexible flat cable"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flexible_flat_cable

being lose, the "tracker is going haywire" could be two different things, one is it's not set for the correct orientation, instructions are over at:

https://github.com/yetifrisstlama/Focul ... 3DISCOVERY

To calibrate the Gyroscope for zero-offset (which reduces drift), place the STM board on a flat surface and push the blue "USER" button for less than 1 second. Make sure that the board absolutely does not move while the calibration is in progress. The data is permanently stored in FLASH memory and retained after power down.

To change the reported coordinate system and hence the orientation of the board, push the "USER" button for > 1 second. Then you will be able to select one out of 8 preconfigured orientation settings, indicated by the blinking LED. After pushing the "USER" button again for > 1 second, the setting is also permanently saved to FLASH memory.

One of the following orientations can be chosen at the moment:

-------------------------------------------------------
LED label Orientation
LD3 (Red) LEDs toward user USB down
LD4 (Blue) LEDs toward user USB right
LD5 (Orange) LEDs away from user USB down
LD6 (Green) LEDs away from user USB up
LD7 (Green) LEDs up USB toward user
LD8 (Orange) LEDs up USB away from user
LD9 (Blue) LEDs up USB to users right
LD10 (Red) LEDs up USB to user right
the other cause could be interference from electronics or the tracker is to close to something metal.
DAWKY
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DAWKY »

Thank you for the reply.

I was unsure how to calibrate the gyroscope. But thank you for the information

And as with the screen and the cable, it was in the same orientation with the same driver (without oculus support) and it worked fine

I have a 12v 1a and a 12v 1.5a and neither helped. I hope it's just a faulty part.
Bluedeath
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bluedeath »

You should leave it flat on a table when you run the caibration pressing the porper button on the tracker (not in the software)

Return to “Do it Yourself!”