CRYSIS 1

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
Karellen
One Eyed Hopeful

CRYSIS 1

Post by Karellen »

Hello Mates,

Using VR is nice but with an engine such as the cryengine it could be great!

I am newbie on Vireio perception and the documentation about how to use it for the Oculus Rift and Crysis need to be more detailed (at least for beginners).

Do you know a tutorial about this?

I can make one with your help, I got two issues :

How to start Crysis in Direct X 9 as it is requested in the instructions?
I know you have to write the line "-dx9" but where? (I got the DVD version not Steam)

The game is not recognized by the Vireio DLL Symlink Installer, so I have to put the dll manually but which ones and where?

Big big thanks in advance!
Holden
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: CRYSIS 1

Post by Holden »

I bought Crysis off Steam on the weekend and have not been able to get it working either. Tried placing the symlinks in C/programfiles(86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/Crysis/Bin32 as Virieo is unable to recognise an .exe in the Bin32 directory and it launches to the monitor each time. Dk2 in extended (tried primary as well), monitor running at 75hz and -dx9 placed into the Steam launch options with Full screen off. I have Bio Shock 2 and Dishonored running like a dream on the Rift at the moment so I don't believe it is my system and I am just wondering if the .exe has to be renamed or something similar.
Big thanks for allowing me to be able to walk around Rapture :woot , I can't believe how well you have ported to it to VR.

+1 for the donation button, maybe as a suggestion have an affiliation with Steam because I have bought the above titles, only because I now use Virieo+Steam VR=Awesome. I know of other sites where they receive a payment from Amazon if a purchase is made through that websites link. For example a shop with Steam Button on every MTBS page.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers

Holden
Karellen
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Karellen »

Holden wrote:Tried placing the symlinks in C/programfiles(86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/Crysis/Bin32
Thanks but What do you mean by Symlik? the point is the symlink installer do not recognize crysis. So Which dll do I have to put and in which folder?

hijackdll.dll ? or d3d9.dll? or libfreespace.dll?

in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Bin32?
Holden wrote: -dx9 placed into the Steam launch options with Full screen off.
Yes, but I have the DVD version, I do not have steam. Therefore, how to start crysis in direct X 9 for Vireio Perception 2.1.2? (I have Windows 7)

A little help will be nice :D
Holden
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Holden »

Holden wrote:I bought Crysis off Steam on the weekend and have not been able to get it working either.
Sorry Karellen I am in the same boat as you and I was just explaining that I tried all the usual workarounds and nothing seems to work. I was just expanding that it wasn't working with Steam -dx9 or by placing the symlinks in the Bin32 folder.

Hopefully a solution is not far away.

Cheers

Holden
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by DrBeef »

Hi

I'm afraid you have jumped the gun a little bit, the documentation does actually say "Coming soon...", the latest released version of Vireio doesn't support Crysis.. it is coming in the next release, though it might be a few weeks until that happens. There were a number of significant changes required to support it (in VRBoost in particular).

However, frustrating as it is to have to wait a bit longer.. I can assure you that it will be worth it.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

I should also add that I am not sure how well it will work with the non-steam version. If there is a difference in the binaries at all, then VRBoost probably won't work with it.
Holden
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Holden »

DrBeef wrote: I'm afraid you have jumped the gun a little bit, the documentation does actually say "Coming soon...", the latest released version of Vireio doesn't support Crysis...
Lol I did notice that the "Coming soon..." was still on the Game support & instruction list but, after seeing that the initial setup had been added, that its removal may have been overlooked by the editor.

My apologies to the change list editor, I blame my anticipation on wanting to blast 3D Cephs out of existence in the Rift.

And sorry to you DrBeef for taking your time replying to my post due to my comprehension fail.

Cheers

Holden
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

No Problem, I hope you enjoy it when we release the next version.

Return to “Game Support”