Unable to get Skyrim Working 2.1.1a

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
straaz
One Eyed Hopeful

Unable to get Skyrim Working 2.1.1a

Post by straaz »

I have followed the guide written here http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments ... yrim_with/
and while I am able to get Skyrim working fine on my normal monitor, I am unable to get it working on the Rift. I have the Rift (DK2) set as my primary monitor, and Vireio recognizes the Rift as being primary, however when I run Skyrim, I only see a black window taking up a portion of the screen, exactly like what happens when one tabs out of Skyrim on a normal monitor. I have an NVidia GPU running the latest drivers. Any clue what could be causing this, and how to fix it?

Edit: I suppose I should also mention that I can get the Vireio drivers working fine on my normal monitor, where the game looks split as it should. (I only get a black window when I try anything on my Rift, however.)
Last edited by straaz on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Unable to get Skyrim Working 2.1.1a

Post by DrBeef »

Could you retry with yesterday's release 2.1.2 please?
straaz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by straaz »

I was using the "Virieo Perception 2.1.2 + VR Boost" available on the site, but it shows up in the program as 2.1.1a.
LNCPapa
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LNCPapa »

I'm also using the same version of Vireio (rar file says it's 2.1.2 but when I run it the window says 2.1.1a) but it seems to be working just find in Skyrim for me. It doesn't work if I launch from SKSE though. Are you launching directly from the default Skyrim shortcut in Steam or some other method?
straaz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by straaz »

SKSE, but fear not. I think I've got the problem solved, though the solution is confusing. Apparently, there was some sort of issue with Windows Aero. (The transparency effect on Windows 7+) Once I turned that off, the game ran fine. This is strange though, because every other Rift application I've tried requires Aero to be on.
I only discovered this after launching the game while using Virtual Desktop, which also requires that Aero be off.
Maybe this was included in some guide somewhere but I didn't find any such advice. Hopefully this is helpful to someone else.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

How interesting!, and great news you solved the problem. I'll add a comment about Aero to the documentation, in case it is something people might wish to try themselves if they also have issues.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”