RifTUP! FullHD Oculus DK1 upgrade kit

cgp44
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: RifTUP! FullHD Oculus DK1 upgrade kit

Post by cgp44 »

GOD almighty, have you checked the usb connectivity service addresses or whatever they are that
the sdk uses to communicate with the board. So despite having a different board you may have the same
service function addresses. If not, is there a way to change them to be the same? Check out the two open source
sdk's for the communication to the hmd firmware, as well as OVRs'. I'll search my posts for the two urls.
Inscothen

Post by Inscothen »

Now that Oculus has opened up the DK1 tracker and other files onto github will RiftUp be more adopted?
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by DrBeef »

GOD wrote:@illuis: Can ship to international addresses. Simply send a PM to Me. :D
llluis wrote:
GOD wrote:GOOD NEWS! :D New 7" 1200p (1200x1920) panels and boards with HDMI input are now available for $199 US at mkt.com/vronline
:woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot
Only US addresses. :cry:

Does anyone know if the controller board have only HDMI input?

@cgp44 and @DrBeef : I (and seemingly many in the community) would certainly like to get the STM32 functioning properly with SDK 4.

Thanks in advance! :D Although I am highly recommending to jump ship on rift after the fb deal, would still be nice to have compatibility. Obviously ovr is over.

1440p displays are now available and I have a reasonable price quote for 1000 pieces. And almost done designing the best HMD casing I have ever seen. Any investors are welcome to PM.
I don't know if this will help our not, but it looks like Oculus VR have open sourced the DK1 firmware and schematics.Might help getting something into the STM32 to communicate with SDK 0.4.2?
https://github.com/OculusVR/RiftDK1

EDIT: sorry, phone based browser hadn't refreshed so apologies for reposting same links
llluis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by llluis »

DrBeef wrote:I don't know if this will help our not, but it looks like Oculus VR have open sourced the DK1 firmware and schematics.Might help getting something into the STM32 to communicate with SDK 0.4.2?

EDIT: sorry, phone based browser hadn't refreshed so apologies for reposting same links
I'm working on it.
Got the DK1 code (minus sensor readings) running in the STM32F3Discovery and recognized by the 0.4.2 SDK!
:o

Now it's time to convert the sensor data and make it output the values expected by the SDK.
GOD
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by GOD »

Nice! Glad to hear there is progress!:D The STM32F3 is running and working with 0.4.2 without any special display EDID?
llluis wrote:
DrBeef wrote:I don't know if this will help our not, but it looks like Oculus VR have open sourced the DK1 firmware and schematics.Might help getting something into the STM32 to communicate with SDK 0.4.2?

I'm working on it.
Got the DK1 code (minus sensor readings) running in the STM32F3Discovery and recognized by the 0.4.2 SDK!
:o

Now it's time to convert the sensor data and make it output the values expected by the SDK.
GOD
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by GOD »

Is it possible to simply splice the wires of the DK1 tracker board to a USB cable? Seems the "control box" board was simply a third party product with a usb port for convenience or something. Otherwise how to upgrade only the panel and display board?
llluis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by llluis »

GOD wrote:Nice! Glad to hear there is progress!:D The STM32F3 is running and working with 0.4.2 without any special display EDID?
The EDID is mandatory also.
GOD
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by GOD »

Ah:D Using the emulator eeprom ? Or directly flashed eeprom on board?
llluis wrote:
GOD wrote:Nice! Glad to hear there is progress!:D The STM32F3 is running and working with 0.4.2 without any special display EDID?
The EDID is mandatory also.
llluis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by llluis »

GOD wrote:Ah:D Using the emulator eeprom ? Or directly flashed eeprom on board?
Flashed a modified firmware on the control board.
GOD
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by GOD »

Wow, nice! :D What software? Already got an eeprom programmer, yet flashing the board directly seems best in some ways.
llluis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by llluis »

GOD wrote:Wow, nice! :D What software? Already got an eeprom programmer, yet flashing the board directly seems best in some ways.
My board has an USB port and self-update capabilities.
I got the firmware file with the vendor, modified it and uploaded it.
cgp44

Post by cgp44 »

GOD, appologies for not replying to your PM which I tried to reply to on my Ipad's email.
But the combination of ipad one and an old router means this is mostly non-functional.
cgp44

Post by cgp44 »

Does the search function work for anybody. I could not search my own posts for some urls
regarding two open source HMD projects on the usb stuff, on a reply post to DrBeef.
Specifically I cannot get a list of my posts to browse.
lnrrgb

Post by lnrrgb »

I can search my own posts, at least after clicking "view my posts" ^ and then searching from the given list.
cgp44

Post by cgp44 »

Not working for me: I have logged in, hit 'view your posts', and all I get are each forum and further clicking just get
dumped into the forum. I am expecting a list of just my posts in each forum.
GOD
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by GOD »

Hi boys and girls :D

My chinese LCD panel supplier has been acting overly greedy recently and would like Me to purchase a quantity of 10 units of 5.9" 1080p displays.

I spent about 500 hours designing an AWESOME new HMD (IPD, screen, and optics gearing with tons of modularity) in CAD software and I am now working on the prototype for launch on Kickstarter or Indiegogo.

Thus I am now considering doing a kind of group buy at a bigger than earlybird discount off the Kickstarter and Indiegogo pricing. The HMD casing for the units would be 3D printed though, not injection molded. I would try to use a Replicator 2, although the chinese guy at the place I was going to print at before lied and tried to scam Me.

YES I AM ALSO OBVIOUSLY STRONGLY CONSIDERING MOVING ALL MY MANUFACTURING AWAY FROM china.

That said, I'd still like to get the prototype and so on finished before leaving china next month.

If interested in buying an AWESOME 1080p HMD for $250 :woot , send a PM. If enough people pre-order, I can make it happen. Honestly the printing costs have been way overpriced. So hopefully a group buy can make this product more affordable to manufacture.

Oh, and any investor interested in a VR company that already has design done and factories arranged, PM as soon as possible! :D
llluis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by llluis »

As it seems that the new RiftUP batch is stuck, anyone willing to sell yours from previous batches?
:D
Elevation
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Elevation »

Hi everybody.

I buy a RiftUp, Hulec do you recived my telephone number for Fedex? Is ok? When you send me my RiftUp?

Thank´s a lot Hulec
3DJB
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJB »

deleted.
walmys
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by walmys »

Hi there, It's all in the picture "D

I only put a 3d sbs video in Vibe z2 and slide it in the DK1 and hold it with rags on the sides just to see how it performs. it's unbelievable, i don't find words to describe it. there is no screen door, the picture is so sharp and clear and BRIGHT, colors and smoothness are :woot , just unbelievable

You are all doing awesome job.
I'm a gamer and the actual Riftup is quite expensive, i will buy it if it was with that screen : ))
Cheers
Last edited by walmys on Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
RaNk
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by RaNk »

Hi Guys, My RU has had an accident and the orange lcd ribbon that connects to the controller board in the back of the HMD has torn in two.

Does anyone know if I can get a replacement screen?

from my research I believe that the screen is the LS059T1SX01 from sharp.

Also Rozsyno you have pm. :)

cheers all. Any help is greatly appreciated as I have now sold my DK2 and I dont want to have to go back to my DK1.

Oh the agony!
rozsnyo
Cross Eyed!

Post by rozsnyo »

@RaNk: we have a replacement screen for you - do you want it by FedEx or just standard signed-for post? ($120 or $100 to paypal@rozsnyo.com)
llluis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by llluis »

rozsnyo wrote:@RaNk: we have a replacement screen for you - do you want it by FedEx or just standard signed-for post? ($120 or $100 to paypal@rozsnyo.com)
If you have another spare RiftUp, I can make the deposit too.
:-)
cgp44

Post by cgp44 »

There is some serious opportunity for somone to come into the void that is expanding
into the DK2 community. The DK2 runtime is essentually nonfunctional and OVR
have not indicated that they are willing to go back to the previous sdk branch.

Get the latest 1440p lcd, rejig the standalone mipi chip, if it can take it for the increased bandwith
and advertise it for the 0.3.x OVR sdk.
GOD
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by GOD »

Let's do better than that. :D How about...this? HTTP://WWW.GODHEADVR.COM/
:woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot
Here's the MTBS thread about it (brand new): http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=20276
Elevation
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Elevation »

any news from Vrunion RiftUp orders?
1dark1
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 1dark1 »

hello
For more information about RiftUp:
1) what exactly do I get for $ 40?
2) whether you want to be something else to buy more or pay?
3) send out already or not yet?
4) Do I understand correctly that when buying RiftUp ($ 40) I will get a new display controller and I need to just replace them in their DK1 and I'll get there in 1080 display?

sorry for bad english
shavster
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by shavster »

Hi, I have a spare RIftUP for sale. It is new and unused. The package has never been opened.

I was a pre campaign backer for Daniel and received 2 RiftUP’s from the first batch, hence why I'm now selling the spare.

I'm asking for $300 + shipping and PayPal fees.

Please PM if interested.

Cheers

Nick
Elevation
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Elevation »

somebody have a new RiftUp of bach 3? any news from VRunion?I make and i pay my order on 9 September and I don´t Know when will send my Riftup...
synchromesh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by synchromesh »

Elevation wrote:somebody have a new RiftUp of bach 3? any news from VRunion?I make and i pay my order on 9 September and I don´t Know when will send my Riftup...
I still haven't received my stand-alone RiftUP! unit from the Indiegogo campaign, and now Karel and Daniel have stopped replying to my emails (last response 6 weeks ago). So good luck with your order!
Elevation
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Elevation »

Ok, karel don´t respond my email along time, i will waitting send orders to RiftUp. Thanks a lot. Can i make it? I lost my money of RiftUp? :? any idea?
GOD
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by GOD »

Wow...bad scene. $300 is overpriced...they should at least deliver it...and at the very least email to say why they haven't.
Elevation
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Elevation »

alternatives to riftup for change display DK1? where buy?
Moerf
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Moerf »

I, too, have not received the standalone kit so far. :/
Lindblum
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lindblum »

rozsnyo (Wed Jun 25): "we are no longer accepting new orders (hard to manage the building 1-2 per week)... If there is an interested party in taking over the project and managing sales/manufacturing better, mail me."
Elevation (Tue Oct 14): "any news from VRunion?I make and i pay my order on 9 September and I don´t Know when will send my Riftup..."
synchromesh (Wed Oct 15): "I still haven't received my stand-alone RiftUP! unit from the Indiegogo campaign, and now Karel and Daniel have stopped replying to my emails (last response 6 weeks ago). So good luck with your order!"
Moerf (Tue Oct 21): "I, too, have not received the standalone kit so far. :/"

Has there been any update? I ordered on Oct 8, but have hence been unable to get a response from paypal@vrunion.com or riftup@rozsnyo.com about my order status. Can't find any sign of them for about a month, should I be worried? If nothing changes by the 4th week I'll have to address the PayPal Resolution Center and abort.
Last edited by Lindblum on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noreit
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by noreit »

Hi there,
Im new here with DYI Rift and I would like to gladly ask if there is anything new with STM32 and 0.4.x SDK? Im kinda stuck with 0.3 SDK apps (old vireio, old opentrack 1.8 as I cannot find 2.0 anywhere and 2.2 doesnt work) as 0.4 doesnt work with STM32 Yetifrisstlama´s firmware. I would even buy VorpX but I guess there will be 0.4.x SDK requirement too?

Thanks for answers.
SaltySalmon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SaltySalmon »

Hi guys, I need some help with my rift up. I've flashed DrBeef's thing and its showing as a DKHD2 in config utility without the ability to click show demo. Im having problems trying to get games to dectect the riftup and enable 3d. Games such as dcs world, warthunder, assetto corsa, aaaa disregard for gravity and tf2. I've tried the 13 5 button thing to no avail. Is the riftup able to work with these games? Am I doing something wrong? Its working fine for these unity demos tho. In control panel it's showing a tracker DK. Thanks
willibeu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by willibeu »

Dr. Beef has a newer utility that gets the riftup recognized as a DK2. That should work for you.
SaltySalmon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SaltySalmon »

Hi thanks for the reply. I have just tried the OVRservice thing. It managed to get warthunder to work but not the rest of the games. I really want to get assetto corsa to work with the rift..
willibeu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by willibeu »

When you open the oculus config utility does it say DK2? Can you use the demo scene? My riftup works with Vorpx ..Tridef..Assetto Corsa ..Alien isolation ..yada yada yada. So far the only obstacle has been centering the view in some games. The way to get around that is to use bilago's utility to start\stop the ovrservice which resets the camera looking forward...that was a problem with Assetto Corsa. You would start the race looking directly at the head rest on the car seat.

Return to “Oculus VR”