Question about DK2 and Vireio

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
vertinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Question about DK2 and Vireio

Post by vertinox »

I think I am really close to get Skyrim working with the DK2. The camera light comes on and Skyrim shows up on my main monitor sterioscopic and there is obviously head and camera tracking. However, how do I get it on my Oculus Rift screen?

I tried direct to rift in the Oculus Service manager but the screen is blank. I tried extended desktop, however it shows up on my main monitor and I'm not sure how to get Skyrim on my Oculus Rift monitor.

What do you usually do to get it to work?
LordJuanlo
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Question about DK2 and Vireio

Post by LordJuanlo »

Use extended mode, load Vireio, launch Skyrim and, while at the Skyrim launch menu, set the DK2 as primary screen. Then you can start the game and it should be on your DK2.
Comunidad española de RV / Spanish VR Community
vertinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vertinox »

LordJuanlo wrote:Use extended mode, load Vireio, launch Skyrim and, while at the Skyrim launch menu, set the DK2 as primary screen. Then you can start the game and it should be on your DK2.
I looked in the Skyrim video settings and I don't see how to switch the DK2 to be the primary monitor. Is this in the windows settings? I'm not finding it.
LordJuanlo
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by LordJuanlo »

vertinox wrote:I looked in the Skyrim video settings and I don't see how to switch the DK2 to be the primary monitor. Is this in the windows settings? I'm not finding it.
Not in Skyrim, but in Windows screen settings.
Comunidad española de RV / Spanish VR Community
vertinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vertinox »

LordJuanlo wrote:
vertinox wrote:I looked in the Skyrim video settings and I don't see how to switch the DK2 to be the primary monitor. Is this in the windows settings? I'm not finding it.
Not in Skyrim, but in Windows screen settings.
Oh yeah. That method is kind of hard to use because once you set the Oculus to primary, its rather difficult to see the menu to switch it back. At least with nVidia control panel.
vertinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vertinox »

Oh I got it to work. I added "iAdapter=1" into the *.ini files.

Question... The menus don't seem to care about positional tracking. Is there a way to enable positional tracking for the menus or is that something they have to add down the road?

Return to “Development / General Discussion”