Vireio won't work anymore with nightly build 20140914

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
LordJuanlo
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Vireio won't work anymore with nightly build 20140914

Post by LordJuanlo »

I had no problem running games like Dear Esther (after changing gametype from 101 to 10) or Left 4 Dead 2 with nightly 20140911 and positional tracking. But yesterday's update completely broke Vireio for me. I'm following the same steps that I followed with previous version, and now all injected games do the same:

1) I load Vireio, set the DK2 to primary monotir and launch the game
2) The new text showing Vireio version and extra info shows on my DK2 for a second, and then game window dissappears, leaving just the desktop.
3) It really doesn't dissappear, I get a small black rectangle on the upper left part of the screen.

I have an AMD R9 290X and Windows 8.1. If I launch the old version, that I have in another folder, it runs perfectly. I have the feeling that my computer doesn't like this new launch text. I have also tried to leave my monitor as primary display but I get the same: the text shows for a second, then some flashes and then my desktop. The game is still running, I can hear the sound, but no picture at all.

It would be good if you added a CFG or a launch parameter to disable this splash screen, to find out if this is causing the problem. By the way, does any of the developers have a Radeon card?
Comunidad española de RV / Spanish VR Community
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Vireio won't work anymore with nightly build 20140914

Post by DrBeef »

LordJuanlo wrote:It would be good if you added a CFG or a launch parameter to disable this splash screen, to find out if this is causing the problem. By the way, does any of the developers have a Radeon card?
That's a good idea. I have added a parameter to the config.xml, which if set to 0 will turn off all these notifications and splash screens, just so you can eliminate them as a potential cause. I'm unable to reproduce as I don't have a Radeon card myself and I am pretty sure Baggyg doesn't either.

The next nightly will have this fix in it (along with a couple of other minor tweaks), so if you can hang on until then, you'll be able to try it out.
LordJuanlo

Post by LordJuanlo »

Thanks! I'll report back as soon as I try that new version.
LordJuanlo

Post by LordJuanlo »

Tried the new nighty build (20140917) and it fixed my problems when I disabled notifications. It doesn't work with notifications enabled. I hope in the future you can get some Radeon cards to do a more complete testing before release.

Thanks guys

Return to “Development / General Discussion”