can someone try Rise of flight?

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Hooves
One Eyed Hopeful

can someone try Rise of flight?

Post by Hooves »

The game is F2P. Its a WWI combat flight sim. It does 3d quite well, hoping Vierio can do its magic. The game already has mouse look as well as track ir 6 dof support. Hopefullh some one here can crack it.
Hooves
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: can someone try Rise of flight?

Post by Hooves »

hey there, so someone has actually got it working, although he is not using the vierio warp shaders, but per his write up it didnt effect it that much.
iM hoping some one can still try to get teh pre warp shader working so we can see what its truly like with the oculus proper setup.
here is the You tube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ConJqygVOqE
mbuehler
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mbuehler »

If you want to give it a try, the method we used (not Vierio) for War Thunder / Wings of Prey would most likely work here. I've got hours of flying time in now, and it works great! Really can't wait for Vireio to work though as it will make things much simpler AND you can toggle on / off which is a lift saver with menus.
Hooves
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hooves »

What method is that IZ3d?

EDIT:

Ok I thought it might work, I read the instructions through on the War Thunder site, but no dice. RoF just fails to work as well as WT in these settings. Any other suggestions?
Hooves
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hooves »

OK I am very close to getting it to work, I have the game menus all rifted using the war thunder method, but as soon as Im to the last step to start the actual mission the game CTD's. :( I totaly need some help.

EDIT: HA ok it was the IZ3d program, I needed to tun off DX 10/11 support, as RoF is DX 9!

and HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and for some reason It works well enough resolution wise to actually ID targets and Dog fight. Most likely because you are always at a much closer range! Which makes this title VERY cool to try!
M0RT
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by M0RT »

Hi,

new rift DK2 user here, new to Vireio Perception too (obviously) I'm hoping I can use it to get RoF working as flight sims are my main area of interest. As the previous poster says I managed to get the game working up to the point of launching a mission when it crashes. Any advice?

Bruce

Return to “Development / General Discussion”