Crashing with Mirror's Edge (DK2)

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Razyre
One Eyed Hopeful

Crashing with Mirror's Edge (DK2)

Post by Razyre »

Hi there.

I just got my DK2 today. Been trying to get ME to work with DK2. I have the Rift set to extended mode with legacy (DK1) support on. I'm using the latest firmware and Perception 2.0.3 I believe. DK2 is set as my primary display.

I've tried various settings in Perception with little luck. All but one of the settings I tried caused a crash. Side by Side is the only one which didn't crash and I ended up with 4 images of Mirror's Edge, 2 on each portion of the screen.

I've copied the dlls into the ME directory and launched Perception with admin to make sure it can inject properly.

Suggestions for settings and general help would be very much obliged.

Thanks

Ross
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Crashing with Mirror's Edge (DK2)

Post by cybereality »

I don't believe DK2 is supported yet. Sorry.
Razyre
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Razyre »

cybereality wrote:I don't believe DK2 is supported yet. Sorry.
Aww that's sad.

Is there any sort of ETA on a DK2 update? It already works to some degree with Skyrim with a little modification, was playing with it last night. You use the "Rift Up!" setting and it works pretty well.

I'm a masochist wanting to play Mirror's Edge but it's one of my favourite games and even if I'm forced to walk around in it I still want to play it in DK2 XD
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by DrBeef »

Mirror's Edge doesn't work with version 2 of Vireio and is still waiting for proper support to be added. I am sure I saw a thread somewhere (no idea where I'm afraid) where someone had added support for it, but I expect it only supports DK1.

Sorry to be a downer..

Return to “Development / General Discussion”