Are you ready for the virtual reality revolution?

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Are you ready for the virtual reality revolution?

Post by metalqueen »

Twenty years after its potential was discussed, virtual reality has finally arrived, with headsets such as Google Cardboard offering a taste of its possibilities. Here, we trace VR's advances – and explore how it helps war veterans

By Kadhim Shubber

My body is in the Observer's offices in King's Cross, but my mind is in another world entirely.

Strapped to my head is the Google Cardboard virtual reality headset. Assembled from a handful of simple components, the cardboard contraption has whisked me away into a peaceful forest with red, orange and brown trees.

I am completely alone, except for an grey animated rat chasing after a large orange hat. I turn my head to watch as a gust of wind blows the hat and can't help but stumble after the rodent, arms outstretched like a toddler taking its first steps.

Read the whole story here.

Read full article...
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.

Return to “MTBS Newswire”