GDC: Microsoft Has Worked on VR 'For Quite a While'

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

GDC: Microsoft Has Worked on VR 'For Quite a While'

Post by metalqueen »

Microsoft's research lab has been busy

By Mitch Dyer

During a conversation about virtual reality technology at the Game Developers Conference, Microsoft Game Studios' Phil Spencer said "I think the technology is really interesting, and it’s definitely something we’ve been playing with for quite a while."

Spencer doesn't believe "every experience requires goggles on my head," but admitted to the value of "being able to completely audibly and visually immerse players."

Read the whole story here.

Read full article...
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.
Ryuuken24
Cross Eyed!

Re: GDC: Microsoft Has Worked on VR 'For Quite a While'

Post by Ryuuken24 »

I think he's being fictitious. Rubbish claims of research done on the subject without any proof for the claim, good job, Microsoft. Very weird statement to make when we're talking about VR; "Every experience doesn't require goggles around your head." YES, they do, you nitwit! If we're talking about immersing you into another world, taking you out completely out of this visual world, you do need a means to accomplish that. These dinosaurs need to go away.
V8Griff
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: GDC: Microsoft Has Worked on VR 'For Quite a While'

Post by V8Griff »

metalqueen wrote: During a conversation about virtual reality technology at the Game Developers Conference, Microsoft Game Studios' Phil Spencer said "I think the technology is really interesting, and it’s definitely something we’ve been playing with for quite a while."
Sounds like they bought an Oculus DK1. :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me to see Oculus working with Microsoft, it certainly would make sense and it doesn't mean that MS would necessarily buy them.
Although I'm sure the guys who invested the $75 will be looking for an exit in 5 or so years..... :?:

Return to “MTBS Newswire”