Dishonored - Vireio Perception 2.0 - Oculus Rift - Odd Issue

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Riftafarian
One Eyed Hopeful

Dishonored - Vireio Perception 2.0 - Oculus Rift - Odd Issue

Post by Riftafarian »

Hi guys, first of all I want to say thank you for your fantastic work so far - been enjoying the hell out of Skyrim. Keep up the great work!

Like a lot of other rifters, I am pretty much buying anything in the sales that is even remotely VR related, so my collection now contains Dishonored. I realize it's not on the official supported list, but I am so tantalisingly close I have to ask! Basically SBS and headtracking works, but for some reason the two sides flash alternately green and red, like anaglyph gone awry, or between normal and red.

Odd thing though; this only seems to happen in the game world and not menus. Here's the rundown:

Initial Animations are fine, then when I get to 'Dishonored - Press Any Key', JUST the background flashes alternately green and red. The next screens are the same - menus are fine but the background is flashing. The opening video is fine.

When the game starts, sides are flashing alternately again, but this time it appears to be between red and 'normal'. It happens very fast though, so it's hard to tell for sure.

So there you have it - I totally understand that this may be a really niche issue and not worth your time - but thought I'd throw it out there just in case.

After thought - I had to copy the .dll files into Dishonored's folder to get it to work initially.

THANK YOU!!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Dishonored - Vireio Perception 2.0 - Oculus Rift - Odd I

Post by Neil »

Have you tried the analyzer? Read the BRASSA manual included with the drivers for instructions.

Regards,
Neil
Riftafarian
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Riftafarian »

Hi Neil, thanks so much for getting back to me.

I'm unable to use the analyser within the game, as I can't seem to conjure up the menu. A 'Dishonored' profile has been added to profiles.xml and I've tried various game_type values with the 10000 added. So far I have been using shaderModRules="unreal.xml".

The game starts as before, but CTRL+T does nothing within the game.

The mystery continues!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Ah! We don't use CTRL-T anymore. Should have noted that in the release info.

L-SHIFT + NumPad *, or CTRL-Q.

Regards,
Neil
bearystyle
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bearystyle »

HI. I am having the same issue where my game when I play flashes alternately green and red. I have used the BRASA menu and tried different options to fix this. What am i missing? I tried the old v1 drivers får vireio and then the game works but i dont have the menu that i wants. How do i fix this for the lastet version of vireio v2?
rarewave82
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rarewave82 »

Hi, i have just tried getting it to work and have the same problem with the v2+ drivers. The game loads fine but getting the alternate screen, red flickering issues. Hope it's something simple to fix, I am going to try load some different profiles.
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi !

Dishonored is definately on our list, but since that list is very long i currently do not know when we will have time for it.

This game is an unreal game so you should basically use the same profile settings we use for bioshock. Please post your profiles settings if you got stuck somehow.

Regards, Denis
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

Ahhhh... ouch.... seems like we have a bug here... get the same issue with DiRT 3. Red/green flickering.

I set this issue to high priority on our trello board and keep you posted in this thread about my progresses.

Regards, Denis
Riftafarian
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Riftafarian »

That's great, thanks for your help Denis!
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

Ok... FIXED ! It was a bad viewport setting. Both Dishonored & DiRT 3 work now. Wow... Dishonored looks great ! We definately need that game (& a VRBoost profile).

The fix will come with the next release. If you can't wait for that please send me a PM and you get an inofficial build meanwhile.

Cheers, Denis
Scanlan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Scanlan »

Anyone confirm that Mirror's Edge has the same problem?..Thanks for all your hard work

Return to “Development / General Discussion”