Worried about my Rift - USB problems

daveo2013
One Eyed Hopeful

Worried about my Rift - USB problems

Post by daveo2013 »

Hi all,
My Rift has started playing up :( Every few minutes I hear the dreaded USB disconnect tone, followed by the reconnect tone and a popup saying that the USB device isn't recognized. I've changed to a different, shorter USB cable and it seems to be happening less frequently but still happening. I don't know if it's related to Unity or something, I'm not playing many Rift games so I've only noticed it happening when I'm using Unity. Hard to say whether it's the Rift control box at fault, a Windows software problem, or a problem with the USB controller in my laptop. Anyone else experienced similar?

Cheers,

Dave
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Worried about my Rift - USB problems

Post by cybereality »

Sometimes using a USB 2.0 hub can help in this situation.
daveo2013
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by daveo2013 »

Thanks cybereality, it's got to be worth a try.
Bloump
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bloump »

Hi Daveo, i don't know if we have the same thing here, but happened to me a week ago, i own the rift for 7 months now, used and moved a lot of times..
just as happened to you, usb don't recognised, connect\disconnect tone.. i unfortunately find out that the cable contacts have been compromised, as
sometimes happend with over used cables, within the box and the oculus, but i arranged myself with some old style duct tape to lock position of the cable
a little bit, just to let it keep working..planning to open up evrything and try to fix it up for good... make a try,move that cable to see if it's the same issue ;)
eventually sorry for bad english :D
daveo2013
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by daveo2013 »

Thanks Bloump - I understood you perfectly well :) Next time I'm using the Rift I'll try waggling all the cables - I do hope the connectors in my box aren't messed up... I'd have to get someone else to fix it cos I'm the world's worst solderer!

Return to “Oculus VR”