Star Wars Battlefront II

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Star Wars Battlefront II

Post by Neil »

Hi Everyone!

Anyone play this game? I can't seem to find decent settings.

when I fly in space, the suns get a weird lighting distortion - even with Bloom off.

Any experienced users out there with a solution?

Regards,
Neil :roll:
ohgrant
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ohgrant »

I play this game often, and it is pure platinum on my box, I also have to run this game AA@ 4X to prevent sluggish performance but all other in game settings including Bloom are on. I run this one @ 1152x864
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Grant!

Ok - here are some questions:

1. When you are in space combat, look at a star or sun - does it split, or have weird lighting? Hit CTRL-T on and off to see what the difference is.

2. Do some lighting effects split off the objects? Like a glow that is disconnected from the object?

3. How is the crosshair? Is it splitting? Is it accurate? are you using the NVIDIA crosshair?

Can you send me some .JPS screenshots?

Are you setting it up with high convergence, or do you just have it set for depth (high separation) and little to no convergence?

All input would help helpful.

Regards,
Neil
ohgrant
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ohgrant »

I will take some more pics tonight, right now it's to bright to game, there is some I posted on Nzone here http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=17585&st=0 I will look for the sun in the flight sim, it might be I just never noticed the problem like with the cloaking thing on KA.

Edit:
2. Do some lighting effects split off the objects? Like a glow that is disconnected from the object?
I have to say yes to this, one of my pics from the link will show the lights from the landing bay seem a little off.

Sorry to go off topic, but have you had the chance to try X-Wing Alliance with the Mods, IMO this game is pure platinum in 3D. http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=25638
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Grant!

I checked the pictures out for SW BF2, and your results don't surprise me. You have very little separation going on there, and the images are relatively flat.

The reason you aren't seeing a lot of anomalies is the shift between the two images isn't that great.

I'll look through the other Star Wars games...more games to buy (hee, hee!)

Regards,
Neil 8)
ohgrant
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ohgrant »

They were pretty old, taken back with the limitations of my old monitor Try these. This is the settings that bring this game to life for me and after playing it again, I'm still amazed at how great it is in 3D, it most certainly doesn't look flat to me.
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Last edited by ohgrant on Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Grant!

The separation between the shots is VERY minor. Yes, you get a 3D effect, but it is very limited.

You should be able to get the star destroyer to literally duplicate in the distance - but the moment you go above a hair of separation, you will start to see anomalies.

I'm hopeful you can prove me wrong, though.

See how far you get.

Neil

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”