AR15 adapter for Wiimote, STEM and possible other sensors

Discussion of tools and products that add VR physicality. Samples include VR treadmills, special hand controllers, gesture technology and more.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

AR15 adapter for Wiimote, STEM and possible other sensors

Post by CyberVillain »

I want to check if there can be a interest in such a product. My friend is active in the air rifle community here in Sweden.
He made me this adapter which enables you to use after market AR15 stocks, grips and RIS for a swedish weapon system called FX http://www.fxairguns.com/

My idea is to create a adapter for Wiimote and STEM and maybe other sensors too like Yei
This way you can get a realistic feel and you can choose to install a Magpul PRS stock or a CQB stock of your choice
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Re: AR15 adapter for Wiimote, STEM and possible other sensor

Post by geekmaster »

That would be just great to have a REAL LIFE weapon in your hands while immersed in VR, with headphones on, and you cannot hear the SWAT team shout "Drop your weapon!" after you forgot to close the drapes or blinds and a nosey neighbor spotted you all "armed and dangerous" through a window and called the authorities.

Even worse if you forgot to check for a round in the chamber from your last RL target practice session...
:o

Mixing RL weapons with prop weapons seems like it could end up in irony on the evening TV news.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Well the gun would look less real than above since the fact it wont have a barrel :D
Only the stock, grip and Mag prop for the right feel
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Ha! Too funny.

Guess you could load it with blanks and have some serious kick-back as well (hope your neighbors don't mind).
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Simulating recoil can be a tough one :D

Return to “Physical VR Tools”