Skyrim shadow issue + no HUD w/ 2.0.0.2

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Fangh
One Eyed Hopeful

Skyrim shadow issue + no HUD w/ 2.0.0.2

Post by Fangh »

Hello everyone.
When I play skyrim, shadows are strobbing and I have no HUD, no menu.

- I have a fresh install, no mods, no DLC, no legendary edition
- I had to add this line "bDeferredShadows=0" under [Display] because it wasn't in the ini file
- I changed theses lines : "fInteriorShadowDistance=0.0000" "fShadowDistance=0.0000" "fShadowLODStartFade=0.0000"

1) How to resolve shadows ?
2) How to resolve no HUD ?
2) How to launch VRBoost ?

Thank you all ;)
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Skyrim shadow issue + no HUD w/ 2.0.0.2

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi !

Huh... that seems tough. You say you have no HUD ? Does that mean it is not there or it is not in the right zoom level for the game ?

For the new driver you should not have to turn off shadows, in case the .ini file should work. However, there can be some settings in the ini file which make shadows roll again. Try it with an unmodified ini file, post the result here.

For VRBoost : Is head roll working for you ? Did you try to reset VRBoost in the menu ? For the next release we will have better, more stable VRBoost pointers, also for Skyrim.

Regards, Denis
Fangh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Fangh »

You say you have no HUD ?
i'ts not there. No menu (I have to press RETURN twice to play the game), nothing when I press TAB. Nothing at all.
Is head roll working for you ?
My arms / weapons are parrallele to the screen border, and there are some "blue persistance" around the arms
Did you try to reset VRBoost in the menu ?
Which Menu ?
Fangh
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Fangh »

I tried to play with the BRASSA options and the best I could get is to have a very very buggy / strobbing GUI.
I know the GUI is here, because I can see it maybe 1/30 frames, but it's unplayable
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

Try to delete your ini files in //my games//skyrim folder.... maybe there is an incompatible setting.
sidewinder8
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sidewinder8 »

I had this same issue and the solution for me ended up being related to resolution. When I was running 16:10 there were no menus or HUD. Try setting Aspect ratio to 16:9 widescreen and resolution to 1280x720 [letterbox]. I also use Minimal HUD and these settings in SkyrimPrefs.ini to see most of the HUD:

[Interface]
fSafeZoneX=300.0000
fSafeZoneY=150.0000
fSafeZoneXWide=300.0000
fSafeZoneYWide=150.0000

Return to “Development / General Discussion”