Vireio and Bioshock issues

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
karurosu
One Eyed Hopeful

Vireio and Bioshock issues

Post by karurosu »

Hi,
I am having some issues while trying to run Bioshock using virerio, I think I already read and reread the documentation but I still cant get it to work. Mostly I experience 2 issues:
- head tracking is not working unless I enable emulate mouse HT
- World scale and FOV is wrong

Here is what I did to enable:
- Enable nvidia 3d in control panel, set to discover and guess the values for the calibration tool
- copy dlls to bioshock folder
- set -dx9 flag in launch options
- open the perception app

Now I launch the game and it shows in rift mode (and nvidia 3d), I disable nvidia 3d using ctrl+t (is that valid?)
Now I go to my game and open the vireio menu using ctrl+q, I play around with the settings, but I cant seem to be able to calibrate it, I tried with the lines (in world scale) but I cant seem to be able to "move the edge to the fourth negative parallax", I tried moving both ways, but it never moves past the second (if in fact I am doing it correctly...)

I tried the VRBoost instruction of pressing shift to move between the guessed scales, but nothing happens.

So currently I am completely lost and I have no idea how to continue, any suggestions?

Thanks!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Vireio and Bioshock issues

Post by Neil »

First, I think it's a problem that Nvidia is turning on automatically for you. That's a conflict right there.

Use RegEdit, and try this setting. It will prevent Nvidia from turning on right away when you play your games:

Code: Select all

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D]
"StereoDefaultOn"=dword:00000000
Regards,
Neil
karurosu
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Vireio and Bioshock issues

Post by karurosu »

Thanks, I will try that.
At the end I was able to configure the world scale manually (nont using VRBoost), and things are looking better, but head tracking is still broken.

I'll see If I can play with it on the weekend.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”