Crysis VR mod with head and weapon tracking

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
adoral84
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Crysis VR mod with head and weapon tracking

Post by adoral84 »

I wanted to go ahead and start the thread for my new Crysis/Crysis Wars (and cryengine 3) mods integrating the same functionality that I added in my Half-Life 2 mods into cryengine. Check out the video below as a starting place.

The controls and tracker support are the same for this mod as they were in the HL2 mod, so if you've tried that out you should check this one out as well.

[youtube-hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJx21yuCi7E[/youtube-hd]
bobjwatts
Cross Eyed!

Re: Crysis VR mod with head and weapon tracking

Post by bobjwatts »

Once again awesome work!

Do you think you'll look at FreePIE integration?
unsilentwill
Cross Eyed!

Post by unsilentwill »

Very exciting to have Crysis as an option to push the visuals of VR from the beginning. Were you looking around during the cutscene? Looks like the control got yanked away, but then you could look around. Is that something that looks fixable in the future? How does it feel in general on your DIY Rift, it looks crazy fun.

Also, A million internet-funbucks to the first person to get Bioshock working on the Rift, Hydra support maybe? :woot
Remingthon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Remingthon »

Why you use Crysis 1? Crysis 2 alot faster and optimized game.
Anyway good job!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Awesome, dude!!!
vietNOM
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vietNOM »

Wow! haha this looks fantastic man :woot
Callezetter
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Callezetter »

Just great Adoral84! :)

If possible, record the live video of you playing (using gun) and paste it in a corner of the screen.
And sync it up with the game video. People love to see human reallife interaction with a game like this.

That sells the video even better!
Last edited by Callezetter on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
JanVR
Cross Eyed!

Post by JanVR »

Adoral, this is great. I'd like to explore if I can use this with the Omni (I would need keyboard input, though).

If you want to make screen capturing videos with a webcam shot of yourself in the bottom right corner, I recommend Screencast-O-Matic: free and easy to use.
RoadKillGrill
Cross Eyed!

Post by RoadKillGrill »

That looks great!! Crysis still looks amazing.
Lark
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lark »

It's so cool that you are working on this. I love playing crysis I can't wait to be IN crysis :)
Pingles
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Pingles »

Ugh. I'm gonna spend more on games for the Rift than the Rift itself. Give it a rest, you crazy modders!
Mystify
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Mystify »

Pingles wrote:Ugh. I'm gonna spend more on games for the Rift than the Rift itself. Give it a rest, you crazy modders!
Why would you want to pay more for a system(the cost of entry) then for the content(the end value)?
adoral84

Post by adoral84 »

JanVR wrote:Adoral, this is great. I'd like to explore if I can use this with the Omni (I would need keyboard input, though).

If you want to make screen capturing videos with a webcam shot of yourself in the bottom right corner, I recommend Screencast-O-Matic: free and easy to use.
Thanks for the tip on the overlayed webcam, I realize this makes a much more interesting video, I just wanted to put something out but I'll definitely release more in depth videos later. For your integration with the Omni if you can get accurate actual movement info that would be much cooler than keyboard emulation, I can give you some hooks into both games if you'd like. Something I've been thinking through but haven't really built out is an set of apis for games like this to allow people to input positional and orientation data into these games without having to do anything in the engine. Still a lot of details to work out but the Omni would be a great concrete case to work against.
PatimPatam

Post by PatimPatam »

adoral84 wrote:Something I've been thinking through but haven't really built out is an set of apis for games like this to allow people to input positional and orientation data into these games without having to do anything in the engine.
That would be REALLY useful adoral! If you don't have the time to get into this i will probably start digging some open-source engine code myself :-)

I am planning to add 6 DOF head-tracking + 6 DOF gun-tracking support using a PosiTTron + Razer Hydra combo.. I think HL2, Crysis and Doom 3 will be the best testbeds for VR on the upcoming months! Thanks again for your great work.
drifter

Post by drifter »

Remingthon wrote:Why you use Crysis 1?
It's the first and best of the 3 ?
Crysis 2 alot faster and optimized game.
I wouldn't call it "optimized".
Removing the open world, half the texture res, removing destructible environments, reducing FOV to a consolish 55, not having a proper AA method "optimization", i would call it dumbing down for 6yr old tech.
AngelicLionheart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by AngelicLionheart »

adoral84 wrote:I wanted to go ahead and start the thread for my new Crysis/Crysis Wars (and cryengine 3) mods integrating the same functionality that I added in my Half-Life 2 mods into cryengine. Check out the video below as a starting place.

The controls and tracker support are the same for this mod as they were in the HL2 mod, so if you've tried that out you should check this one out as well.
Hi! I don't know how much work it would be off of the top of my head, but if my project can utilize the Oculus Rift, I'm 1000% for it!

~Lionheart, Project Lead at Venerance.net

Would love to hear from you! My email is AngelicLionheart at gmail dot com! :)
VJOLNIR helmet avatar.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AngelicLionheart on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
You are an intentional, lovingly crafted Creation. You are not a meaningless, random occurrence.
God adores you "just as you are."
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Do you think you could consider adding FreePIE support? I would love to try this out.
Hydra
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hydra »

Remingthon wrote:Why you use Crysis 1? Crysis 2 alot faster and optimized game.
Anyway good job!
Crysis 1 - open world, mods
edudu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by edudu »

Hey it's been a while since you posted this... so, how is it going? Is it possible to download this mod?

Thanks!
TheVividLight
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by TheVividLight »

No YEI sensor implementation this time around?

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”