Mass Effect I working with Vireio

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
nikropht
One Eyed Hopeful

Mass Effect I working with Vireio

Post by nikropht »

I got Mass Effect working with Vireio still working on head tracking and IPD settings

Here is how to get Mass Effect working on the Oculus Rift.

Run the game, make sure V-Sync is off then exit.
Copy the Vireio Perception DLL’s to the Mass Effect directory
These files:
“d3d9.dll”
“hijackdll.dll”
“libfreespace.dll”
go here:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mass Effect\Binaries”
Add the line below to the Vireio Perception “profiles.xml” file
<profile game_name="Mass Effect" game_exe="MassEffect.exe" game_type="601" separation="0.00357999" convergence="0" swap_eyes="false" yaw_multiplier="32.125" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" />
Run Vireio Perception
Run the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZpZ3VIr-4E
Ziggurat
Cross Eyed!

Re: Mass Effect I working with Vireio

Post by Ziggurat »

What about reading the conversation choices?
Impossible? I'm at work, I cant run your video through my Rift.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Awesome!
lmimmfn
Cross Eyed!

Post by lmimmfn »

ME3 works as well, havnt tested 2, still not convinced with third person games on the rift though.
Mouseplay
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mouseplay »

Something felt very wrong when I watched your video, I think it's the FOV. I concur with lmimmfn, I think third person games would have to implement VR absolutely perfectly for me to play them in the Rift.
Mr Scratch
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mr Scratch »

Mass Effect uses the Unreal 3 engine which means we already have "true" stereo rendering available for it. The problem with OP's video aside from the fact that it looks like he copy and pasted skyrims settings is that the majority of it is cutscene video and not ingame video. Right now I'm farting around a bit with Mass Effect 2 however making even the slightest of changes to anything outside of the game is extremely user unfriendly. When I have more free time I hope to setup a bunch of binds tied into commonly used ingame keys that will make the game easier to manipulate while wearing a Rift. As well as looking into the user interface.

At the moment I'm using Chris' Stereoificator however when I was using Perception previously the user interface was not as bad. I do recall seeing hud settings within the cfg files for Stereoificator so hopefully this can be an easy fix. If you can stomach it I've recorded a short video showing off the power of perception in Mass Effect 2. Be wary of user interface double vision, on the fly separation tweaks and occasional developer console pop ups. Also the start of the game uses alot of blurred vision for story telling reasons. Just give it a little bit of time and when Shepard gets injected with the sedative the screen should clean up significantly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XGhAx4uDHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XGhAx4uDHM

EDIT: After reformatting recently and upgrading to Windows 8 I'm between screen recorders at the moment. There is no audio for this video and I plan on using a different program in the future for recording.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”