BRASSA menu graphics issue

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
StreetRat
Two Eyed Hopeful

BRASSA menu graphics issue

Post by StreetRat »

There seems to be a small problem with my computer in rendering the BRASSA menu.

First off, running Skyrim the menu works well, a few real life type mods, and that game is something else, so nice job on the drivers.

My problem is with World of Warcraft 3.3.5 (an older version).
I added the profile details in the profiles xml file, using BRASSA as the shaderModRules value, and game type as 10010.
Doing the same thing in Skyrim gives me the Shader analysis menu option as expected, so that all works.

In Wow however, all i get is a red box that flickers on the screen when i display the menu. I get no text at all. I can move the box up and down the screen and select stuff, but cant see any text, not the options or the menu titles. Dosent matter if i do this from the loading screen or from the game itself, same flashing box.

At the time i was running though it with Marulu, he was doing the same thing, but it worked for him, so its not the game itself thats the problem.
I was playing in Wow testing, the menu didnt show up, so i checked Skyrim, worked in that, went back to Wow, and the menus were there, Once, the only time they have show up in wow, so i know they do work. After i closed the game down and reopened it, no menus, and havnt been able to get them back since. Even trying to load Skyrim first.
Ive also tried running all as admin, non admin, disabling antivirus, firewall etc, no luck.

Wow dosent seem to auto load the dll from the Wow folder, so i use ENBinjector to insert the d3d9.dll into Wow, but all the dlls are in the Wow folder, i get the side by side rifted view so i know there loading.

I have 2 screens, 3 including the rift, i have tried disabling the 2nd screen, i have both the rift and main screen cloned, i have tried changing the resolutions to 1280x800, so far nothing seems to work.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this issue or knows where to start looking to find an answer. i have the source and can go though the dlls, but havent got a clue where to start looking.

Not sure what else might be required, but id be happy to provide whatevers required.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Core i7 4770
Nvidia Gforce GTX 670 - 320.49 drivers / 331.82 (just updated to and tried these, no luck, tried the latest beta but wow kept freezing on startup)
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: BRASSA menu graphics issue

Post by EisernSchild »

Try to use different game types. The driver draws the menu depending on this type setting. Read the "cfg//brassa.pdf" for details.
StreetRat
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: BRASSA menu graphics issue

Post by StreetRat »

Ahh, excellent, that worked (using 600 anyway).

I thought they were more specifically designed for the individual games rather than a more general setup so i never tried anything different.
(still odd the same code can produce 2 different results on 2 different computers, but i guess thats just life)

Thanks for the tip.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”