Driver not working

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
fgth654
One Eyed Hopeful

Driver not working

Post by fgth654 »

none of the drivers seem to work on any game all the dlls and exe are in the games folder itls like it wont hook in, They had worked before. When launching any dx 9 game i get the regular game window with no warping. My specs are Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
20gb ram

tridef still seems to work
your help is much appreciated
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Driver not working

Post by Neil »

Which game(s) are you testing?

Regards,
Neil
fgth654
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by fgth654 »

left 4 dead 2

bioshock 1

crysis dx9

dirt 1 and 2

modern warfare 1
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

There are two big problems:

1. Most of these games are not support by Vireio.
2. Only Bioshock 1 should work.

For unsupported games, you need at add a profile entry to the profiles.xml file and follow the shader analysis described in the BRASSA documentation. However, crashing will probably prevent you from getting that far. No harm in trying, though.

Make sure you are using the right DLL files and you don't have remnants from the old drivers. If you are running Steam, verify the game cache to make sure all the files are intact.

Bioshock SHOULD work. Just copy the DLL's to Bioshock's binary directory (where Bioshock's EXE files are stored). Make sure the perception.exe file is also running. See if that runs - it should inject.

Regards,
Neil
fgth654
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by fgth654 »

Thanks the only thing is these games worked before in earlier drivers
fgth654
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by fgth654 »

Actually Sorry all games are now working pc just needed a restart will test and let you know cheers
SnottyBison
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SnottyBison »

I'm trying to run Bioshock 1 as well, and it is just loading as if it doesn't see the drivers. I have placed all the dll files in the same folder where Bioshock.exe lives, and am running both Perception.exe and Bioshock.exe as administrator. I tried rebooting since that seemed to help the prior poster, but no change for me here.

Although it isn't on the list of supported games, I tried running The Stanley Parable with Perception running in the background, and it immediately starts with the expected split/warped view. (It could use some adjusting to be playable, but this at least confirmed for me that the driver is being seen by something on my computer.)

This is on a laptop with Intel Core i7-360QM CPU @ 2.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”