On the move: VRCade combines free motion with head-mounted virtual reality

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

On the move: VRCade combines free motion with head-mounted virtual reality

Post by metalqueen »

Motion tracking cameras let users walk virtual spaces untethered—for a price. 

By Sam Machkovech

I'm standing in a small office in Seattle's Belltown neighborhood, just blocks from the gorgeous Olympic Sculpture Garden, where solid walls block the nearby environs. I've been invited to the darkest, most insulated room at the relatively new Reactor Accelerator, a tech-incubation office space. That’s because, for what I'm about to see, I need to be in a completely controlled environment.

Local engineer and designer Mark Haverstock hands me a headset and asks me to put it on. It looks a lot like the Oculus Rifthttp://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/09/virtual-realitys-time-to-shine-hands-on-with-the-oculus-rift/, a virtual-reality headset that has exploded in the past year thanks to a millions-strong Kickstarter and tons of public appearances. This headset is black and lightweight, too, and it fits nice and snug on my head.

Read the whole storyhere.

Read full article...
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: On the move: VRCade combines free motion with head-mount

Post by WiredEarp »

The 'full story' link is incorrect... has an invalid 'mtbs3d.com' at the start.

Return to “MTBS Newswire”