My homebrew Tuscany Hydra demo

xhonzi
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: My homebrew Tuscany Hydra demo

Post by xhonzi »

I'm having trouble getting this to work. I downloaded everything, but I'm not recompiling anything- just using the compiled .exe in tbowren's zip.

I copied the Tuscany assets from the Oculus SDK and all sorts of 32 and 64 bit Sixense.dlls. I am running Windows 7 64 bit and I wonder if the bittage is the cause of the issue.

I don't get the missing file error, nor do I get the No Sensor detected error. It comes up, I see the villa, and get the prompt to hit F9 to go fullscreen on the rift. Then I get a standard windows "this application is broken" pop-up which closes the program.

Any help?

I've tried both extending my desktop and cloning it onto the rift. I have AMD CPU/GPU. Hydra and Rift all plugged in.
OzOnE2k10
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by OzOnE2k10 »

Not sure why this wouldn't work?
I use Win 7 x64 on my Rift PC, and all the usual demos seem to run OK?

I need to try this version of Tuscany though. I'll let you know if it works, but I'm using a GTX 670 (after many years of using ATI / AMD exclusively).

First question is - do the standard Oculus / Sixense versions of Tuscany work OK on your system?

I did have some trouble with the cloning settings on the GPU, but it's been working fine since I started using analog VGA for the monitor?

There don't seem to be any noticeable vsync issues or slowdown with running it cloned.
The demos all detect the Rift OK, and the image is nicely displayed on the monitor too (it was a nightmare before I got this working, as I was trying to use the desktop through the Rift. lol).
OzOnE2k10
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by OzOnE2k10 »

Ahh, I see it's not quite as simple as running the HydraHeadTracker exe.
I thought I had most of the SDK's installed on this PC, but I'll have to install them all on the new one.

If I do manage it, I'll have to get back to you. lol

OzOnE.
xhonzi
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by xhonzi »

All of the other Rift demos have worked fine.

Return to “Oculus VR”