1.09 iz3d driver

wuhlei
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

1.09 iz3d driver

Post by wuhlei »

what happen I thought they said it was going to be released in july?
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
yomer
Cross Eyed!

Post by yomer »

The 1.09 drivers are almost done. Give it 1-2 weeks if everything goes according to plans. I can't wait to try an evaluation version with my shutterglasses, so then I can buy it. I'm also excited that the drivers are getting more features and a better architecture.
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

We were told 2-3 weeks approx 3 weeks ago, but I'm guessing there might have been slight delays due to Siggraph.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: 1.09 iz3d driver

Post by LukePC1 »

wuhlei wrote:what happen I thought they said it was going to be released in july?
I think they had one more BIG partner and had to make some more changes to fulfill the contract. That delayed stuff from July to August afaik.
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

They might also implement the new glasses. I read somewhere that they got different retarderfoils than speced and that might also cause some delay (some parameters in the algorithm probably changes when you change glasses).
Just wait. IZ3D is NOT Nvidia. :D

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

I don't think it would take long to change the software once you know what you want... but as long as they are trying to make cheap and good glasses they don't know the values...

And no IZ3D is not NV. I thought if you own a IZ3d screen already you get the new glasses for free?
NV wouldn't do it.
ayqz1u0s

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

LukePC1 wrote:I thought if you own a IZ3d screen already you get the new glasses for free?
NV wouldn't do it.
I highly doubt that since it wouldn't make any financial sense and cost the company a fortune when you count in all the shipping, since it's not a product recall like if the old ones were defective or something. When Nvidia makes new videocards does it replace the old models for everyone who already has one for free? I don't think so... Hopefully I'll get a pair though so I can review it :)
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

BlackQ, any news??
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

chrisjarram wrote:BlackQ, any news??
I know this is an exciting topic but I rather prefer iz3d takes their time to release something good rather than rushing it.
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

yuriythebest1 wrote:
chrisjarram wrote:BlackQ, any news??
I know this is an exciting topic but I rather prefer iz3d takes their time to release something good rather than rushing it.
I agree, which is why they have just spent the last 4 weeks in the debugging phase :) They claimed 2-3 weeks several weeks ago so an update wouldnt go a miss!
;)
You have to be aware they usually release betas first anyway, in order to get the driver out there for user testing which helps improve the quality of the product.
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

yuriythebest1 wrote:
LukePC1 wrote:I thought if you own a IZ3d screen already you get the new glasses for free?
NV wouldn't do it.
I highly doubt that since it wouldn't make any financial sense and cost the company a fortune when you count in all the shipping, since it's not a product recall like if the old ones were defective or something. When Nvidia makes new videocards does it replace the old models for everyone who already has one for free? I don't think so... Hopefully I'll get a pair though so I can review it :)

well if the monitor owner pays the shipment then the cost is more then halfed, and the gain for iz3d is advertising.. if your friends see a much better 3d then the chances that they buy one are much higher.. :)
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, guys!

I'm really sorry for keeping silence so long - I just did not get any notification from MTBS site about new thread ... sorry again.

Yes, we have a delay - but it almost done. Delay reasons are :-)
1. Siggraph
2. New partners requirements
3. New output business discussions

I'm talking with Neil now to establish new thread for deep interview about 1.09 - I hope to make it to clarify more issues with better details.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

Great realy looking forward for some trusted first hand information. You can cleaned up all the gossip - if it is wrong...
ayqz1u0s

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

thanks! looking forward with anticipation to that thread. It's this kind of community involvement from the iz3d staff that really makes having an iz3d that much more fun.
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

I just heard something somewhat worrying about this. Apparently iz3d havent tested any shutterglasses at all with 1.09, instead they have confirmed all they did was check for sequential frame output from the monitor port (I.e. every 1st / second frame is pageflipped). They are not going to state they are supporting _any_ commercially available 3d glasses with this driver. I've asked if they have at least verified the exact display output is the same as the nVidia drivers do (which also dont state explicitly which LCS glasses they support). If this is the case (and I can't for the life of me see why it shouldnt be) then I guess we can assume eDims are supported, otherwise this is an absolute killer :shock:

BlackQ, can you at least confirm here you have checked your driver output against the LCS output for NVidia? I know you previously spoke of 'sync issues', but presumably this does not factor in if Nvidia have this working successfully.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

Well if pageflipping does not work, you should be able to use interlaced format with many SG and without sync problems ;-)
ayqz1u0s

chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

LukePC1 wrote:Well if pageflipping does not work, you should be able to use interlaced format with many SG and without sync problems ;-)
Can you explain further? I know interlacing always has a signal indicating frame id (first or second pass), but is this always present even when not actually outputting interlaced frame data, and is this (for example) how the eDimensional shutters work?

Cheers
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

Pageflipping uses time to separate the different frames for different eyes.
Interlacing uses lines (odd lines = left eye, even line = right eye, or the opposite) to separate the different frames for different eyes.

You never have syncing problems with interlacing because no matter when the frame is received by the dongle controlling the glasses, it always knows which line goes to which eye and it can't reverse them by mistake.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Tril wrote:Pageflipping uses time to separate the different frames for different eyes.
Interlacing uses lines (odd lines = left eye, even line = right eye, or the opposite) to separate the different frames for different eyes.

You never have syncing problems with interlacing because no matter when the frame is received by the dongle controlling the glasses, it always knows which line goes to which eye and it can't reverse them by mistake.
plus you can always reverse it by using EDactivator.exe
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Tril wrote:Pageflipping uses time to separate the different frames for different eyes.

Yeah, got that :) I know thats how the ED drivers work with 3D monitors:- the point is surely you will lose half you resolution if you do that? In terms of reversing the l/r eye output I have a hardware solution for that anyway (as I use high power 35ft IR emitters).
Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sabre2552 »

BlackQ wrote:Hi, guys!

I'm really sorry for keeping silence so long - I just did not get any notification from MTBS site about new thread ... sorry again.

Yes, we have a delay - but it almost done. Delay reasons are :-)
1. Siggraph
2. New partners requirements
3. New output business discussions

I'm talking with Neil now to establish new thread for deep interview about 1.09 - I hope to make it to clarify more issues with better details.
Whew! I was worried, you hadn't given any updates or responded for so long... As your supposed deadlines kept passing with no updates, I was worried I would never see 1.09. I remember being excited at the beginning of summer because I thought I would be able to play my PC games in S3D for most of the summer with the inclusion of Planar, but I see that dream is gone, with school starting tomorrow. Ah well, better late then never I guess?

I heard a rumor that there will be a beta for 1.09 in about two weeks, is this true? Also, can you give an update on Planar support? It wasn't forgotten, was it? Has the inclusion gone smoothly, or is it being stubborn? I wouldn't think it would be too difficult, what with it just being a dual display with one display mirrored, but there might always be something...
nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

Sabre2552 wrote: I heard a rumor that there will be a beta for 1.09 in about two weeks, is this true? Also, can you give an update on Planar support? It wasn't forgotten, was it? Has the inclusion gone smoothly, or is it being stubborn? I wouldn't think it would be too difficult, what with it just being a dual display with one display mirrored, but there might always be something...
Confusingly the interview with him is here, where it is impossible to find: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1839

I only knew of it because there was a link somewhere off of the front page, that is now gone.

Are you using Planar? I was a big proponent of it when I "discovered" it a year and a half ago, was that what got you interested in Planar?
Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sabre2552 »

nubie wrote:
Sabre2552 wrote: I heard a rumor that there will be a beta for 1.09 in about two weeks, is this true? Also, can you give an update on Planar support? It wasn't forgotten, was it? Has the inclusion gone smoothly, or is it being stubborn? I wouldn't think it would be too difficult, what with it just being a dual display with one display mirrored, but there might always be something...
Confusingly the interview with him is here, where it is impossible to find: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1839

I only knew of it because there was a link somewhere off of the front page, that is now gone.

Are you using Planar? I was a big proponent of it when I "discovered" it a year and a half ago, was that what got you interested in Planar?
I don't use it yet, but plan to once it is supported by the iZ3D drivers. I have it set up already so that when the drivers come out I can start using them immediately. I was turned onto it because it could give accurate colors with an quick refresh rate without having to pay too much extra. All I personally had to do was buy a DVI cable for the second monitor, as I have two monitors and a mirror available for use, so as a high school student it was a really enticing offer. Right now I use anaglyph, which is decent, but the colors are pretty mutilated, and ghosting is a problem.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Aside from shutter glasses, will it support - in theory at least - the z800 HMD?

Should I look into getting one again? :P
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
jumbo_spaceman
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by jumbo_spaceman »

So, the driver is coming in a few hours, I am literally on the edge of my seat. :!:
shonofear
Cross Eyed!

Post by shonofear »

haha same here
waiting patiently......
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

jumbo_spaceman wrote:So, the driver is coming in a few hours, I am literally on the edge of my seat. :!:
A few hours? Sorry, but unfortunately not.

The US office found bugs, and they won't be corrected until tomorrow, and sent back to the US office again. If no bugs are found, then we release.. otherwise it would need to go back again :)
Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sabre2552 »

Wait, it's coming in a few hours? I thought it would take a few hours to fix some problems, and then they have to send it back for more testing.
jumbo_spaceman
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by jumbo_spaceman »

Oh, too bad. Just skimmed the post and got excited. Guess I'll return to the fetal position until further notice :cry: . Thanks for the clarification
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

We've gone years with nothing, living in the stone age, I think we should be able to survive some more days here and there.
fReAq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by fReAq »

I think were going to see the US and Russian teams create something truly beautiful here, and it will unify the whole world.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Im hoping heaps of you guys are going to give mini reviews on the compatabitly of heaps of different hardware with this driver as im on the edge of my seat for some new purchases :P
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

Okta wrote:Im hoping heaps of you guys are going to give mini reviews on the compatabitly of heaps of different hardware with this driver as im on the edge of my seat for some new purchases :P
second that...

and until it is so far get some sleep to stay awake when it's out :D
ayqz1u0s

Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sabre2552 »

Well, I tried Planar; I think Horizontal Flip and Vertical Flip are incorrectly named, The "Horizontal Flip" mirrors the image vertically and the "Vertical Flip" mirrors it horizontally. Otherwise, it's absolutely perfect! I couldn't have hoped for more. :D I hope all of you with shutterglasses are able to find compatibility eventually, good luck. :)
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Well shutters dont work properly, thats for sure!!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I tried so far only with hl and hl2ep2. Both works really great and the iz3d-driver now kicks nvidia away totally on these games. The only thing i missed with older iz3d-drivers was a crosshair working on depth. That's working now even if the crosshair for now looks a bit big. However it's animated (rotating) and gives quite a touch to it. :D. I think that when the developers have some time "over" they probably make alternatives to the crosshair there is now but so far i wish they concern more about compability and output modes. I'm using the iz3d- and the hmd-mode myself and both works fine. There seems to be some noticeable amount of fpsincrease but since it's my eyes that makes that judgement i'm not ready to make it a statement. :D. Going to try more with newer games tomorrow if time gives. For me it's so far thumbs up for the new driver even if it's a beta!

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”